Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #151
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
His thoughts go far in explaining the ISIS movement and the attraction it holds for some young people.
Stupid kids?
Left-leaning colleges poisoning their minds?
Old 07-05-2015, 10:18 AM   #152
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Stupid kids?
Left-leaning colleges poisoning their minds?
There are probably a host of reasons why different young people sign up for ISIS. (They now just refer to themselves as IS for Islamic State.)
Underlying their reasons though is a void in their lives that they believe can be filled by pursuing a cause.
In the instance of IS, the cause is a willingness to do anything for Allah, including raping, killing, beheading, drowning and so on.
Of course if you can convince yourself what you are doing is for God, and you will be rewarded for this evil, who is to say you are wrong? God proclaimed it.
There are no rational negotiations that anyone who values human life can have with individuals or groups with the IS mindset.
As much as I see life as precious, there is no solution to IS except for the armies of the western world send them to Allah as fast as we can.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2015, 11:31 AM   #153
nomad1102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
There are probably a host of reasons why different young people sign up for ISIS. (They now just refer to themselves as IS for Islamic State.)
Underlying their reasons though is a void in their lives that they believe can be filled by pursuing a cause.
In the instance of IS, the cause is a willingness to do anything for Allah, including raping, killing, beheading, drowning and so on.
Of course if you can convince yourself what you are doing is for God, and you will be rewarded for this evil, who is to say you are wrong? God proclaimed it.
There are no rational negotiations that anyone who values human life can have with individuals or groups with the IS mindset.
As much as I see life as precious, there is no solution to IS except for the armies of the western world send them to Allah as fast as we can.

Exactly
nomad1102 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #154
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Pretty decent synopsis. Add in the 'adventure' factor to the religious zombie and avengement ones and you have a winner! Well- a blind, zealot loser, willing to cash in their own life, for a cause that is more than willing to let them.

Everyone, who has left their country of origin to pursue it, should be regarded as immediately stateless and considered an enemy of their former state. Absolutely NO state aid, in the form of Consulary or other officialdom should be extended their way, once they have made the foolish and pernicious decision of youth to join.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #155
nomad1102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
It did not need fixing.
Originally Posted by Tom
I fixed that so it is not quite so racist.
It did not need fixing.

Robert your comment concerning white men IS insensitive and racist.

You hurt my feelings so you have to be wrong to say such a thing regardless if your beliefs are based on truth. You see truth doesn't matter only my reaction and feelings matter. Because you are responsible for my reactions and feelings. So your expressing of your beliefs have to be censored through intimidation by fear of being ruin financially and socially and branded as a moral and intellectual inferior.

Now you have been labeled a Beliefist. Everywhere you go when people see you they will be thinking and talking about you being a Beliefist. You will be fired from your place of employment because your employer is afraid of the financial repercussions. People with beliefs like yours are not to be tolerated in our society.

Get the picture Robert?

Last edited by nomad1102; 07-05-2015 at 11:57 AM.
nomad1102 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2015, 02:17 PM   #156
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
In the Muslim religion, is there an equivalent to Satan as in the Christianity religion because that's who we should be sending them to see?

Why would Allah want them?

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 07-05-2015 at 02:18 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2015, 02:35 PM   #157
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
In the Muslim religion, is there an equivalent to Satan as in the Christianity religion because that's who we should be sending them to see?

Why would Allah want them?
I never said Allah would want them.
They believe that it is Allah's plan they are carrying out.
They want to die and be martyrs for Allah.
Give them their wish.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #158
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad1102

Exactly
I think you're giving these punks way too much credit. They are poor, uneducated, and easily manipulated by their mentors. Pursuing a cause is not within their grasp. Pursuing a carrot on a stick symbolized by 72 virgins, however, is....
Old 07-05-2015, 07:52 PM   #159
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofless_Wonder
They are poor, uneducated, and easily manipulated by their mentors...
B.S.
ISIS has attracted numerous young recruits from around the world who have come from good homes and have strong educational backgrounds.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #160
horses4courses

Quote:
B.S.
ISIS has attracted numerous young recruits from around the world who have come from good homes and have strong educational backgrounds.
You bring up an interesting point here.
There should be a study done on the background,
and family circumstances, of those who leave
western countries to join ISIS.

I have a feeling you are right about a good number
of these recruits coming from comfortable homes.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2015, 08:05 PM   #161
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
B.S.
The ones who leave Canada... errr Montreal (l'autre pays) appear to have a disproportionate number of College/ University degrees among them. The last part however, is certainly true about 'easy manipulation'.

I wonder sometimes, have so few not faced significant adversity in their lives and therefore haven't developed either a steel spine or a sixth sense concerning gullibility?

I suspect, in this forum alone, there are many who have added the School of Hard Knocks to their resume. I have. Even if some here were predisposed to certain ideologies , they seem to still choose logical courses of action not involving Armageddon.

Well, most of the time!
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2015, 03:03 PM   #162
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
That Mexicans coming across the border are rapists and drug dealers.
Yes, Trump was wrong.

I prefer to invest in President Obama's characterization of Mexicans coming across the border:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barack Obama
We should not be encouraging illegal immigration. What we should be doing is setting up a smart, legal immigration system that doesn’t separate families, but does focus on making sure that people who are dangerous, people who are gang-bangers or criminals — that we’re deporting them as quickly as possible.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #163
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
He's wrong.
W....R....O....N....G

It's not surprising.
He believes what many US white males his age do.
He's just one of the few that says it on a public platform.
No, he believes the same as Obama apparently...it's just that Obama won't be the focal point of media/social media character assassination, like Trump is currently.

That's the only REAL difference, and you know it. Read Obama's words.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:11 PM   #164
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Yes, Trump was wrong.

I prefer to invest in President Obama's characterization of Mexicans coming across the border:
The difference is clear.
Obviously, there are some bad Mexican illegals.
According to Trump, though, it's most each and every one of them.

He would round them all up - the good included,
who have settled here for generations, and deport them.
Any right-thinking POTUS would not advocate that.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2015, 03:34 PM   #165
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The difference is clear.
Obviously, there are some bad Mexican illegals.
According to Trump, though, it's most each and every one of them.

He would round them all up - the good included,
who have settled here for generations, and deport them.
Any right-thinking POTUS would not advocate that.
I guess you ignore the part where Trump said he guesses some are good people.

That directly contradicts your assessment that Trump thinks the same of "each and every one of them."