Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:38 AM   #7306
coljesep

Rick, just kidding - I mean Greg

Question for you on Best 5.

Does 1-2-3 method or Top E1 E2 require all scratches regardless of the race to be entered?

So lets say I already decided I will not play Race 1 because maybe it doesn't meet my initial requirements. But I want to play Race 2.

Do I need to make the scratches in Race 1, in order 1-2-3 and E1/E2 to be accurate for Race #2? Or does 1-2-3 and E1/E2 evaluate the specific race only?

Same question for Platinum spot plays...

Does that make sense?
Old 06-17-2021, 08:02 AM   #7307
sharkey11

you got me wrong pardner look back a few posts your rick crop circles why dont you buy somthing
Old 06-17-2021, 08:30 AM   #7308
coljesep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey11 View Post
you got me wrong pardner look back a few posts your rick crop circles why dont you buy somthing
I don't know what any of this means.

All I know is Greg called me Rick twice, which isn't my name so I jokingly called him Rick.

Everything else you said makes no sense to me.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:50 AM   #7309
sharkey11

of course it dosent because i never make sence its just a joke is all
Old 06-17-2021, 11:35 AM   #7310
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Sometimes I go a couple weeks between sales...other times I sell 6 in one day (okay, rarely but it happens). I had 3 or 4 people I was talking with and had you confused with another person.

I believe you want to know if you will get the same selections--whether you enter scratches or not. Unless the scratches are from a particular race you are considering...makes no difference.

1-2-3 will not consider the scratched horses, but does evaluate & rate all races on the card. Same as E-1 E-2.

Platinum can rate races individually-or the entire card at once.

Hope that answered your question...if any other Q's, call me for a quick answer.

Best,

-Greg
Old 06-17-2021, 12:00 PM   #7311
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Here are the stats from previous Woodbine races that were contained in this programmer's data base. I know as much as you about the exact dates this info was gathered. I can only say it's recent and not several years old.

Old 06-17-2021, 04:50 PM   #7312
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

You know I've been here a while, and have connections all over--some legal, some not. I like to look at older programs--some are I would call "Brilliant"...most I would call "Garbage".

Anyway my confidant sent me a program he said was Handiman's first software program. So I had my friend send a copy over.

The very first page---the first LINE....said

HANDIFAST HHX Ver 2.2 INSTRUCTIONS

"Remember, This Is Not A Black Box. But A Handicapping Tool!!!"

WELL WHOOP DE DOO. I got 45 handicapping tools--I want a black box, dammit.
Old 06-17-2021, 06:46 PM   #7313
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

...and a report from Mardi Gras King, and part-time bait-shop clerk Mr Green, who keeps tabs on Louisiana racing.

He had this to say:

"At LAD since the beginning of meet, every race, every day

Platinum Power #'s 185 races, 56 wins (30%) for a total of $ 365.40 (avg $2 win mutual $6.53)

Bris Prime #'s 191 races 57 wins (30%) for a total of $257.20 (avg $2 win mutual $4.51)

As you see your Platinum power numbers have have the same win percentage as the BRIS #'s but the winners pay 45% more than the average bris winner. The power numbers are almost a break even, beating the track take out.

I have found that once you reach 200 races the numbers don't change much. If you are a little selective with the power numbers and don't bet heavy favorites you will be well into the plus column betting the power numbers at LAD."

Thanks Mike--you're a prince.

-NCG
Old 06-17-2021, 07:21 PM   #7314
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post
Anyway my confidant sent me a program he said was Handiman's first software program. So I had my friend send a copy over.

The very first page---the first LINE....said

HANDIFAST HHX Ver 2.2 INSTRUCTIONS

"Remember, This Is Not A Black Box. But A Handicapping Tool!!!"

WELL WHOOP DE DOO. I got 45 handicapping tools--I want a black box, dammit.
If you start taking shots at Handiman or the FREE Handifast software the gloves come off. Be careful where you step; you already insulted me but Handi has given much time and effort to provide a useful tool. Black boxes don't exist, especially the $50 kind.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:25 PM   #7315
sharkey11

well NCG i did a 1 card check on the WO numbers and without any capping just using the top power number i got 3 winners of 8 races one paying 11 dollars other 2 payed 5 and 3.60 seems like the platinum numbers are similar so they are working ok keep up the bad work GL to all ps by the way i just want the camra they used on the twilight zone thanks
Old 06-17-2021, 08:56 PM   #7316
Hues10

No Black Box is True

So I have the Platinum Power program and I do appreciate the ease of use. I only fool around with the horses to pass the time, so I have come to realize, that there is not a black box out there. Past Performances don’t mean squat 2/3 of the time. I have also come to realize, there is not any money to be made in the horses betting single races to win. It is in the exacta, trifecta, pick 2’s, 3’s, etc. One must “invest” the time and money to hit these combinations as there will be many more losing races than wins. Why I am saying this, I have no preconceived notion that there is a holy grail of handicapping software or true system out there. I do enjoy NCG posting various tracks and showing his software off. Given all that I have read in these forums the past 12 months, nobody else has a software program that is better than NCG’s for the price. Not plugging for him as I do not even know NCG, but if you are looking for some nice inexpensive programs to try, there are not too many that have better results. Or the people who have better programs are keeping it to themselves. Thanks for letting me rant. And do not shoot the messenger.
Old 06-17-2021, 10:31 PM   #7317
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Headhogg knows I was making a joke...wanna be tough guys get brave behind their keyboard.
Handi's your good friend, huh? When he was way down and had to suffer the indignity of asking the members here to help out with his medical bills...I guarantee you didn't send him a nickel. Ask how much I sent him.

Now you wanna take a joke and pretend "the gloves are coming off"?

Now that's a joke.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:22 PM   #7318
headhawg
crusty old guy

Keep trying to cover your ass. That was no joke. Anyone following your comments on this board knows exactly what I am talking about. You're like the guy who has the smart mouth and picks the fight and cries "No no no...it's not me...I didn't do nuthin' " and expects others to clean up the mess. You can't even get names straight. Come to Chicago. Bring your best game.

Supporting you is like donating to the political party that you hate. But people can do what ever they want. There's a sucker born every minute.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:37 PM   #7319
MUDDA21

there is a sucker born in chi-town every 23 seconds. Who would want to visit that dumpster fire town ever
Old 06-17-2021, 11:47 PM   #7320
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
Keep trying to cover your ass. That was no joke. Anyone following your comments on this board knows exactly what I am talking about. You're like the guy who has the smart mouth and picks the fight and cries "No no no...it's not me...I didn't do nuthin' " and expects others to clean up the mess. You can't even get names straight. Come to Chicago. Bring your best game.

Supporting you is like donating to the political party that you hate. But people can do what ever they want. There's a sucker born every minute.
Crusty, Crusty, Crusty.....What do you think about Greg's joke?....That's all it was, maybe not a great one, but a joke none the less.

So why the flame-on?...Can't possibly be what Greg said, maybe something else? C'mon guy, Greg doesn't need to "cover his ass" unless you're speaking in some kind of code. Neither one of you is a light-weight, so just move on.

Lighten up, relax and get that Tourney started that you promised. People are looking forward to it, they don't want to see you in a downer mood for no good reason....Let's go.
Closed Thread