Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-21-2016, 02:49 PM   #1
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Terrific Rides

Seems only fair to point out the good ones if we're going to point out the bonehead ones.

Joel Rosario, Saratoga 4th, Security Risk.

Subtle, but made all the difference. The horse broke, and instead of snatching up he allowed the horse to establish position. Moved to the outside coming off of the first turn and then sat a perfect trip off the pacesetter. He also knew exactly what he had under him because he was able to fend off the challenge from the inside and eventual outside.

Again, all it took was the nudge out of the gate and it led to nothing but good things after that.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2016, 03:34 PM   #2
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Seems only fair to point out the good ones if we're going to point out the bonehead ones.

Joel Rosario, Saratoga 4th, Security Risk.

Subtle, but made all the difference. The horse broke, and instead of snatching up he allowed the horse to establish position. Moved to the outside coming off of the first turn and then sat a perfect trip off the pacesetter. He also knew exactly what he had under him because he was able to fend off the challenge from the inside and eventual outside.

Again, all it took was the nudge out of the gate and it led to nothing but good things after that.
DAHOSS9698, MA MAN !!!!

I just posted the same thing in the (Saratoga Race 5 ) thread. Ingenius of him.

By coming back ever so softly at the 7/8, he made Javier and Junior think.

We both know that putting your competition in a position to think is bound to bring you success (and the competition heart ache).

Did you see Javier take his horse 3 wide in reaction to Joel's take back???

Junior, oh so applicably named by his parents, went 4 WIDE from the 7/8 to the 3/4.

Genius ride by Joel.

I say all this DESPITE the fact that I hit 4 out of 5 in today's $386K pick 5 (Yes, I hit the hard one at 53/1) but the only race I missed was this one due to Joel's genius move at the 7/8 AND Javier's complete stupidity at the 7/8's.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2016, 03:54 PM   #3
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Dude I'm sorry about the pick 5. That's gross.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2016, 04:17 PM   #4
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Dude I'm sorry about the pick 5. That's gross.
Thanks Dahoss9698. I've been thru worse. Turn the page or you chase and lose.

Great thread though. Let's fill it up!
Old 08-22-2016, 10:29 PM   #5
arw629
First Time Gelding

Bejarano in the WV derby
arw629 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2016, 10:48 PM   #6
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by arw629
Bejarano in the WV derby
Ingenius and refreshing ride!!! LOVED IT, as did Peter Berry !
Old 08-23-2016, 12:31 AM   #7
dilanesp

Espinoza in the Pacific Classic.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #8
bello
Veteran

Yes it was...but race circumstances helped.

The only other true speed was the deuce who broke slowly and Rafael took quick advantage. But if the 2 breaks like he usually does, Rafael would have needed to get very creative to avoid getting pinned in. That being said in an earlier race BJ Hernandez was a lock, had every chance to swing to the far outside and elected to move inside to the quicksand. One for the BoneHead ride section but still points out that at lease Raphael used the earlier races to know exactly what path he ultimately needed to get to to gain an advantage.

This is also one of the fun things about Mountaineer. Been watching ( and wagering) on jock JL Rivera who will take a speed horse out of their natural comfort zone and take back and to the outside to give them a fair chance to ride the bias. Good rides and jocks come at all levels of the game.
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2016, 10:41 PM   #9
dilanesp

I'll post one from someone who has gotten a fair amount of criticism in the past.

Chantal Sutherland on Kenji's Giant in the 4th today at Los Al. She settled on the horse and stalked, saved ground the whole way, came down the rail turning for home, and then was able to sustain the horse's drive all the way down the stretch to hold off the place horse.

She got the absolute maximum performance out of the horse.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:35 AM   #10
Mulerider

I thought C.J. McMahon did a very good job yesterday aboard the 1 horse Texas Chrome in the Oklahoma Derby. Forced to move to the rail to get through in the stretch with Joel Rosario moving in on him to make it a very tight squeeze. Third straight win for this colt. He seems to give 100% every race.

2016 Oklahoma Derby
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #11
dilanesp

Third race at Santa Anita yesterday, Norberto Arroyo Jr. on the 15 to 1 shot, Fire to the Wire.

He put the horse in a perfect spot behind a three horse speed duel, saved ground on the inside and got through a hole turning for home, and then bulled his way through between horses to reach the front where he faced a challenge from Admirals Club. Arroyo got everything he could out of the horse, who lived up to his name in the final 1/16th of a mile and inched away to win the race by a neck in a driving finish.
Old 10-11-2016, 03:20 AM   #12
v j stauffer

Garrett Gomez on Blame in the BC Classic. With so much going on his ride tends to get overlooked.

He had about 10 separate decisions to make. If he goes 9 for 10 Blame doesn't win.

Brilliant in every aspect.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:13 AM   #13
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
I'll post one from someone who has gotten a fair amount of criticism in the past.

Chantal Sutherland on Kenji's Giant in the 4th today at Los Al. She settled on the horse and stalked, saved ground the whole way, came down the rail turning for home, and then was able to sustain the horse's drive all the way down the stretch to hold off the place horse.

She got the absolute maximum performance out of the horse.
She beat me with that ride. The place horse should have passed her two separate times inside the 1/16 pole, and she let her mount fade out just enough both times to keep him from rolling by. That one stuck with me because the place horse was 8/1 and looked like a winner all over the stretch.

Good eye. It was an outstanding ride in a cheap race by Chantal.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #14
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Stewart Elliott to all the other jocks in today's 4th at SA:

"You only paid to see the cards boy, lessons are extra"

Great ride.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2016, 06:29 PM   #15
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
Stewart Elliott to all the other jocks in today's 4th at SA:

"You only paid to see the cards boy, lessons are extra"

Great ride.
Was that Cervaza? Effin' BRILLIANT ride.

Edit: Didn't see you said today. He rode the Puype trained Cervaza last weekend at a mile on the turf. Serious lessons all around.

Last edited by ultracapper; 10-22-2016 at 06:32 PM.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: