Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-23-2018, 01:16 PM   #1
MonmouthParkJoe

Monmouth Park Opening Day!

Who's in?

Nice to see they are opening on Derby Day this year. Every year opening day marks the unofficial kick off to summer for me.

For those that are going, gates will be opening at 10am instead of the usual 11:30am. Also, first post was moved to 1:45 instead of 12:50. I believe this is only for the Derby before moving back to the traditional open and post times.

Cant wait. I was there not too long ago, looks like they actually painted the table umbrellas and did some investment in the sports book area.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 02:53 PM   #2
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe View Post
Who's in?

Nice to see they are opening on Derby Day this year. Every year opening day marks the unofficial kick off to summer for me.

For those that are going, gates will be opening at 10am instead of the usual 11:30am. Also, first post was moved to 1:45 instead of 12:50. I believe this is only for the Derby before moving back to the traditional open and post times.

Cant wait. I was there not too long ago, looks like they actually painted the table umbrellas and did some investment in the sports book area.
My wife and I will be attending opening day. You forgot they have a 2 dollar Voucher given away with each paying admission.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
biggestal99

also as an experiment that was approved by the racing commission In March, trainers with 2 or more entries with separate ownership in a race will run uncoupled.

Only coupled entries will be those with same ownership.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-23-2018, 08:42 PM   #4
Afleet

Will Navarro win over 40% again.
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2018, 02:40 PM   #5
AstrosFan
math/science # cruncher

With Kulina out of the picture, who is now running the place?
AstrosFan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2018, 06:15 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

How nasty of a drive is it for someone coming up from Central Virginia? After driving through the NYC area last summer I decided a road trip to Aqueduct or Belmont wasn't happening, the congestion was the worst I ever saw and I used to work in East LA. How about getting to Monmouth from I-95? Maybe that can be the next road trip.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2018, 06:33 PM   #7
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How nasty of a drive is it for someone coming up from Central Virginia? After driving through the NYC area last summer I decided a road trip to Aqueduct or Belmont wasn't happening, the congestion was the worst I ever saw and I used to work in East LA. How about getting to Monmouth from I-95? Maybe that can be the next road trip.

I-95 to I-195 east. Exit onto the Garden State Parkway north to Hwy 36 East. I thought is was easy, we went to and from Philly.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:30 PM   #8
BELMONT 6-6-09

I used to love the trips to Monmouth years ago. A wonderful place to spend a day of racing!!
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2018, 07:12 AM   #9
Bluto Blutarsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstrosFan View Post
With Kulina out of the picture, who is now running the place?
Google Dennis Drazin
Bluto Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2018, 09:29 AM   #10
onefast99

Quote:
Who's in?

The sports book improvement monies are courtesy of William Hill. MP will be up against it at least until sports wagering dollars filter into the purses. Right now there are a lot of horses at GP running for much bigger purses(6250 claimers are slowly being phased out with low purses)MP will need to boost the purses to compete with Parx and NYRA. No one wants MP to fail right now they need sw and hopefully it will keep them going a cut in racing dates isn’t going to help either especially Friday racing dates after Memorial Day. My question is to Dennis Drazin if you are so sure you are getting SW why not race on Fridays even try a 3pm post or later to coincide with baseball games starting as early as 6:30 and even Wednesday racing as there are many matinee games starting at 1pm. Not well thought out marketing wise but nothing has been since the Breeders Cup in 2007.
Old 04-28-2018, 08:25 AM   #11
alhattab

Quote:
Who's in?

In! With the usual picnic area denizens I believe.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2018, 09:18 PM   #12
alhattab

Quote:
Who's in?

Found out today that one of the better local cover bands, the Moroccan Sheepherders, is playing on the bandstand during the races and in the Wm Hill room after the KY Derby.

Getcha popcorn ready.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:22 PM   #13
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
I-95 to I-195 east. Exit onto the Garden State Parkway north to Hwy 36 East. I thought is was easy, we went to and from Philly.
Inner Dirt this is the right route. You have a few options along the way e.g., use I-95 through Phila or use the Del Mem Bridge for either the NJ Turnpike or I-295, but in any case you will not come anywhere near the NYC traffic. Monmouth is 40 miles south of all that. Use your dynamic navigation app or listen to NJ 101.5FM and you'll be fine.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:29 PM   #14
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Inner Dirt this is the right route. You have a few options along the way e.g., use I-95 through Phila or use the Del Mem Bridge for either the NJ Turnpike or I-295, but in any case you will not come anywhere near the NYC traffic. Monmouth is 40 miles south of all that. Use your dynamic navigation app or listen to NJ 101.5FM and you'll be fine.
36>left om Grant Ave>the back entrance
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2018, 10:00 AM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I wonder if that old lady is still selling lemonade as you enter the track?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: