Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-21-2018, 12:16 AM   #1
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

R10 Laurel Park: $125K Federico Tesio Stakes

Race has always meant to be a major prep for the Preakness, but it has never been that way with the Kentucky Derby and the preps leading into that one.

Maybe prior to WWII it was, but it is still a very nice race on a solid stakes day at Laurel.

We will also get 11 hopefully to the gate:

Takedown:
They didn't expect much opening this one up in a MC$20K at Ellis Park. He hasn't let down the connections much since then winning twice and being around and in the mix. Bullet work coming in. There are some things to like for this likely 20/1+ shot.

Still Having Fun: Hasn't done much wrong outside of being pinched in his last in the Private Terms. I can't write much more other than he may well be a deserving favorite. Has to be respected.

Not Fake News:
If anything is fake, CNN and this horse are it. Took 7 tries to break his maiden including a trio of trips at Penn. Really hard to see.

Noble Commander:
Hard to find many more blown up resumes than this one and Brian Stelter, as we have a $235K purchase that has faced state-breds to start his career, and romped in his wins with little pushback. Should be tougher here. Demand a price if you are to wager.

Split Verdict:
Mixed signals. I'm really not sure if he is good or not. Could be a really good horse. Could be nothing. Hard to argue with what he has done thus far, but just wish he showed more late. Serious contender I suppose. 10/1 might stick. Pass.

Diamond King: Not sure he can get 2 turns, but he is the likely chalk. Should be in the mix, but extremely beatable IMO.

Navy Commander:
Won two in a row by a combined 17 1/4 lengths. Regardless of where that is run, it has to be respected. Had some problems early in races, but has kind of got it figured now. Paco climbs aboard, is this a wire to wire upset kind of play? Pretty damn interesting.

American Lincoln:
Yes, it took him nearly 2 minutes to win a 9F race, but he did win by 18 lengths. Seems to be a huge ask here either way. Hard to see him hitting the board. Pass.

Dynamic Asset:
The Gaudet royalty will be interested, and his last one certainly has to have them sparked. Post will make it obviously tougher. I have to toss.

V.I.P. Code: He has hit the board 7 out of 9 races and been 22/1 or more in 4 of them. This is the Rodney Dangerfield in this field who has ran against much better every time. He just pegged a new high going the longest he has ever gone, with hope of moving forward even more. Tough horse that could be anything.

Holland Park: Maiden buster from the 'Duct, that really hasn't ran a bad race. Time off since February, puts on blinkers, and some very solid works. Kiaran can ship. Dangerous.

Summary: Not sure how I'll play it yet.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2018, 12:50 AM   #2
GMB@BP

Good race. The 2 seems very legit and had serious trouble last out. I would be more interested in Diamond King, he got stuck behind strike power and a slow pace, I would guess if he can get to the lead he will be able to dictate the race which is more to his liking.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2018, 05:34 AM   #3
Ruffian1

This race was first run in 1981. It used to be a Md. Bred only race but was changed to an open Stake around 1986 .

Good luck today everyone.
Ruffian1 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
Immortal6

Don’t see the wiring the field at this distance, and it’s hard to imagine the doesn’t get a clean stalking trip this time. Even if the doesn’t get the distance I think the others will be hard pressed to beat the unless he is pinched inside and has no room down the stretch.

Should the and not like the distance and the has trip trouble, I see no reason the can’t run a new top and win this. The breeding is there and this horse looks like it’s in line to run well.

Wheel the in an exacta and tri with the

Maybe a saver win bet if odds are juicy. Good luck.
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #5
jay68802

Good race:

jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2018, 04:58 PM   #6
headhawg
crusty old guy

It sure seems like there will be a legit pace if not a fast one here. The is the most likely choice here but will be too short a price...8-5? I think the will stretch out fine. I would love to see 3-1, but that ain't happening. Maybe 5-2? Borderline play at that price.

So, let's try the EX: /
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-21-2018, 07:20 PM   #7
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Good race:

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-22-2018, 12:04 AM   #8
Afleet

11 was by far the best horse in this race; has a bright future