Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-14-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
dilanesp

good year for the curse of Apollo to be broken

Justify and Magnum Moon both have good chances in Kentucky. Neither raced at 2.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 07:56 PM   #2
Secondbest

Probably the favorite and second or third choice.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2018, 08:02 PM   #3
papillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Justify and Magnum Moon both have good chances in Kentucky. Neither raced at 2.
Is it just the two? For some reason I was thinking there were about four unraced at twos headed to they derby. I don't know why.

I hope Magnum Moon doesn't drift out in the stretch at Churchill like he did today.
papillon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2018, 10:06 AM   #4
biggestal99

I don’t think justify or magnum Moon will win.

Prolly a bomber from the clouds off a fast pace.

How many horse want the lead in the derby?

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2018, 11:42 AM   #5
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
I don’t think justify or magnum Moon will win.

Prolly a bomber from the clouds off a fast pace.

How many horse want the lead in the derby?

Allan
I kind of agree with this with exception that we don't know the track conditions yet. A wet track may help the front end, it sure did last year. I liked Always Dreaming last year but in hindsight the conditions really helped his cause.

I don't really believe in curses or jinxes but this race has favored horses with a strong foundation and i don't really like the races Justify and Magnum Moon come out of. Justify pretty much dictated in a match race and Magnum Moon took a right turn late. Horses I think lurking at a strong price with a good chance are Good Magic and Audible. Good Magic comes from Danzig and Hard Spun on the mothers side with Smart Strike and Curlin on the Fathers side. Bred to run all day, hot trainer, raced at 2, lightly raced and closed from an outside post to win. Audible is not bred as well but he has the experience and also the late lick to move forward. This horse also comes from a great trainer and he seems to be hitting his best stride recently.

Hopefully, these two will get a little lost on the board. I'm pretty sure Good Magic will coming from the Blue Grass which is lightly regarded these days. On the other hand, the Florida Derby has been hot lately which gives Audible a brighter spot light. This race can't be chalky every year, I don't know if a bomb will get it but somethings gotta give. And it looks pretty open this year.

Last edited by burnsy; 04-15-2018 at 11:43 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #6
CincyHorseplayer

As much as I respect Justify I don't think he is going to win this race. Unless it's a paceless derby and these two are stuck up top dawdling. Then nobody makes up ground. I can see it now. Magnum Moon goes to the front with Justify just off him and they go 6f in 112 and change. Nobody comes from the clouds. I'm hoping for a more honest pace.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2018, 12:21 PM   #7
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I kind of agree with this with exception that we don't know the track conditions yet. A wet track may help the front end, it sure did last year. I liked Always Dreaming last year but in hindsight the conditions really helped his cause.

I don't really believe in curses or jinxes but this race has favored horses with a strong foundation and i don't really like the races Justify and Magnum Moon come out of. Justify pretty much dictated in a match race and Magnum Moon took a right turn late. Horses I think lurking at a strong price with a good chance are Good Magic and Audible. Good Magic comes from Danzig and Hard Spun on the mothers side with Smart Strike and Curlin on the Fathers side. Bred to run all day, hot trainer, raced at 2, lightly raced and closed from an outside post to win. Audible is not bred as well but he has the experience and also the late lick to move forward. This horse also comes from a great trainer and he seems to be hitting his best stride recently.

Hopefully, these two will get a little lost on the board. I'm pretty sure Good Magic will coming from the Blue Grass which is lightly regarded these days. On the other hand, the Florida Derby has been hot lately which gives Audible a brighter spot light. This race can't be chalky every year, I don't know if a bomb will get it but somethings gotta give. And it looks pretty open this year.
Also Good Magic will be third off the layoff going into the defby. Last year was maiden stake Bc with the BC his peak. Chad Brown knows what to do to get a horse ready. And the horse cost a million which Stonestreet as breeder kept a big chunk. Half? They are among the sharpest people in racing.
He will be sharp fit and ready. Will he win? Who knows.Lets see what his odds are.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2018, 12:35 PM   #8
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
Also Good Magic will be third off the layoff going into the defby. Last year was maiden stake Bc with the BC his peak. Chad Brown knows what to do to get a horse ready. And the horse cost a million which Stonestreet as breeder kept a big chunk. Half? They are among the sharpest people in racing.
He will be sharp fit and ready. Will he win? Who knows.Lets see what his odds are.
As of now, I'm thinking the odds may be alright. That last race was sneaky good, breaking outside and working out a Derby like trip. Plus, I agree, its Chad, that may have been what the "doctor" ordered for a prep.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply