Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-17-2018, 12:25 PM   #121
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
Sorry, did not happen.

I don't know anyone who was "manipulated" or changed their mind because they were paying attention to social media.

As far as the birther thing goes, I never claimed one way or another, but as of now, well I am watching the same hysteria about "Russian collusion".
Dan Coats? All the intel agencies including the senate intel?
Robert Mueller?

Tom and many others were birthers here. If pressed some still are. Social media and right wing cites and AM radio ran with that utter lunacy.

How about Q now? Buy that? Roseanne Barr does

It's all over the place.

Last edited by hcap; 07-17-2018 at 12:28 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #122
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Oh, I have my facts straight.

I wish Obama hadn't caused the nation to let its guard down against Russia.

Maybe we could have stopped them from attempting to manipulate a gullible public's opinion, and this whole mess could have been avoided. It's not good for the country.
This we can agree on.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #123
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I was a voting manager in the last election, in a precinct where the President won by a 4-1 margin. I watched very carefully as the ballots went into the scanner: Trump voters just shuffled through with lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. They hardly knew what they were doing. The few Clinton voters were focused and animated, excited to be a part of the breaking of some glass or something like that. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it happened like that.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2018, 12:53 PM   #124
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
I was a voting manager in the last election, in a precinct where the President won by a 4-1 margin. I watched very carefully as the ballots went into the scanner: Trump voters just shuffled through with lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eyes. They hardly knew what they were doing. The few Clinton voters were focused and animated, excited to be a part of the breaking of some glass or something like that. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it happened like that.
How Trump could win any district in the country by a 4-1 margin is far beyond discouraging.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #125
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Dan Coats? All the intel agencies including the senate intel?
Robert Mueller?

Tom and many others were birthers here. If pressed some still are. Social media and right wing cites and AM radio ran with that utter lunacy.

How about Q now? Buy that? Roseanne Barr does

It's all over the place.
Roseanne Barr vs. Tom Arnold Part II

Who could ask for more?
Old 07-17-2018, 12:56 PM   #126
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
How Trump could win any district in the country by a 4-1 margin is far beyond discouraging.
Especially when one is as detached from reality as most far-left liberals seem to be...yup...you're right.

They (not including you, but then again, I don't know) continue to live in some isolated fantasy bubble, and just can't comprehend how a good portion of the country thinks.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:39 PM   #127
hcap

Quote:
Roseanne Barr vs. Tom Arnold Part II

Who could ask for more?
The "Q" nonsense is spreading like flies. Therefore it is not so difficult to understand all the tin foil hat conspiracy theories you Trumpeteers buy into.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:48 PM   #128
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The "Q" nonsense is spreading like flies. Therefore it is not so difficult to understand all the tin foil hat conspiracy theories you Trumpeteers buy into.
I don't buy into anything. So please don't try and put words in my mouth or try and paint me as someone who supports something I've never stated an opinion on one way or the other.

Q is just another interesting sideshow in what is now a tragic piece of American history.

The tin-foil on all sides is strong.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #129
wisconsin

Quote:

Might be 5-1 next time around
Old 07-17-2018, 01:52 PM   #130
highnote

Quote:
I grew up in Trump country in Ohio. They love him the rural counties.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #131
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
I grew up in Trump country in Ohio. They love him the rural counties.
Oh yeah.

He romped in areas around me. My district is very centrist though and considered a large swing spot. The impression I got from people... even though I had a reasonable hunch which way they were voting was that none were super thrilled with the options.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:59 PM   #132
hcap

Quote:
I don't buy into anything. So please don't try and put words in my mouth or try and paint me as someone who supports something I've never stated an opinion on one way or the other.

Q is just another interesting sideshow in what is now a tragic piece of American history.

The tin-foil on all sides is strong.
Look, I was speaking of manipulating and shaping segments of public opinion. Like being convinced into buying junk food.

Besides you buy into no Russian spying, no value of The Mueller investigation and thinking Trump was not a fall guy and putz for Putin.

"Putz for Putin" maybe a new lefty slogan. But I do not wish that fate on anyone. Too, late, I hear Putin's popularity among repugs and Trumpeteers is soaring.

Go figure?
Old 07-17-2018, 02:03 PM   #133
elysiantraveller

I find it hard to believe a concerted electronic effort by anybody wouldn't "sway" voters....

Same way I find it hard to believe re-opening the FBI investigation the week before the election didn't "sway" voters...

Or Trump's gropey comment...
Old 07-17-2018, 02:05 PM   #134
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Besides you buy into no Russian spying
That's pretty laughable and endemic of the way you fail to process certain information you see posted here.

I buy into "no Russian spying?"

How many times have I posted that not only do I buy it, but I think it's been going on since the cold war?

PLENTY OF TIMES.

What I don't buy is all the sudden hysteria about it now...it's ONLY happening because Hillary lost to Trump.

Hell, "foreign entities" hacked both the McCain and Obama campaigns in 2008, according to reports, and YOUSE GUYS didn't post a thing about it, that I can recall. And if you did, there was no hysteria about it like there is today.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:06 PM   #135
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Oh yeah.

He romped in areas around me. My district is very centrist though and considered a large swing spot. The impression I got from people... even though I had a reasonable hunch which way they were voting was that none were super thrilled with the options.
Same here. He was the "change" candidate. Too many people did not like Hillary. They knew Trump was the high risk option, but were willing to take that chance. He has pretty much governed like everyone thought he would. So in that respect, there was no surprise. The surprise will be whether or not he gets results that the majority of voters are happy with.

He has had to deal with a lot of distractions. You don't hear much about the wall or health care lately. Of course, those distractions might be intentional so he doesn't have to deal with the wall or health care. It buys him some time.

The mid-term elections should be very interesting.

I haven't checked the betting sites to see if he is the favorite in 2020, but I'd guess he must me. I have not seen any serious contenders on the dem side.

Obama blind-sided Hillary. I don't even know who the front-running dem is. The former democratic machine screwed up big-time backing Hillary for so many years. Now the party is in shambles. I imagine there is a lot of shit going on behind the scenes as people try to rise to power within the party.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply