Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 07-14-2018, 10:01 AM   #1
Teach

Meadowlands: Saturday, July 14

Race One:

1 BROADWAY DONNA with “Buckeye: (He had three winners on yesterday’s card) appears best. 5 EMOTICON HANOVER is in sharp form. Daniel Dube in the bike. Others: 2 Barn Bella (Jeff Gregory handles trotters very well) and 4 Royal Witch.

Race Two:

4 HANNALORE HANOVER. She should go off as prohibitive favorite. At those odds… Back-wheel in double. Gimmicks. You should see Monsieur Gingras’s “vert, blanc et or” silks fluttering in the breeze down the home-stretch. Underneath: 7 CELEBRITY RUTH, 5 Rose Run Sydney; 3 The Erm.

Race Three:

5 SEVIYORUM. Razor-sharp. “Team Orange Crush”. Others: 6 PHAETOSIVE; 2 Hey Blondie; 1 Basquiat

Race Four:

7 HAT TRICK HANOVER. Impressive win over weaker in last. Should be early speed. “The Bionic Man,” Tim Tetrick. Others: 2 WOLFGANG. Sharp qualifier. Looks ready for his return to the races. “Le Frelon Vert,” Yannick Gingras, at the controls. 1 Evaluate; 5 Classichap.

Race Five:

12 WISDOM TREE. She’ll need help getting into the flow at the start (second tier). If she can “dive in” along the rail in the early going? “The Thunder from ‘Down Under’,” Andy McCarthy, handles the lines. Others: 5 Kissin in the Sand; 1 Serene Stride; 4 Believe in Me.

Race Six:

8 SICK PACK is “a monster”. I’m usually leery of “outside posts,” but not with this fella. He did, in his last, just fail at Pocono to Crystal Fashion. Yet I believe if Ake Svanstedt can clear with this guy, he’s going to be tough to catch. Others: 3 YOU KNOW YOU DO; 1 Met’s Hall; 6 FashionWoodChopper.

Race Seven:

9 ARIANA G. Yannick will have clear, comfortably, if this mare is to have enough left in the tank to get her picture taken (outside-post picks are not for the faint o’ heart). They are going an extra “panel”. Yet, if all goes according to Hoyle… Others: 1 GUARDIAN ANGEL AS with “The Bionic Man”. A threat, especially from rail start. 4 Top Flight Angel; 3 R First Class.

Race Eight: Crawford Farms Meadowlands Pace

3 AMERICAN HISTORY. Just missed in his last in the “Elimination”. Now, in the Finals… Monsieur Gingras de Sorel-Tracy, Quebec reprises the drive for trainer Tony Alagna. Should be right there! Others: 1 Stay Hungry; 5 Courtly Choice; 4 Jimmy Freight.

Race Nine:

7 DIVAS IMAGE is my “longshot” pick. It’s “Team Bongiorno,” (Joe Bongiorno drives, Jenn Bongiorno trains). Sharp win at Pocono in most recent start. This mare may be charging fastest of all down the lane. Others: 4 SHARTIN N; 5 L A Delight; 6 Nike Franco N.

Race Ten: The William Haughton Memorial

6 DONTTELLMEAGAIN gets my nod in this highly competitive race. Tim Tetrick reprises the drive for trainer Jim King, Jr. Most impressive in winning The Graduate Final. Others: 5 McWICKED; 4 Filibuster Hanover; 8 Sinatra.

Race Eleven:
5 QUALITY BUD is my “longshot try”. This guy has been highly competitive at this level. “EA…He’s in the Game,” Eric Abbatiello, is in the bike. Others: 1 MORE DRAGON; 6 Clouseau Hanover; 7 Hurricane Beach.

Race Twelve:

6 LIVE LAUGH LOVE gets my call. Razor-sharp. “Buckeye” handles the lines. Should be forwardly placed. Others: 2 PLUNGE BLUE CHIP. 7 Manchego; 1 Top Expectations.

Race Thirteen:

5 WILD BILL. Impressive win at Harrah’s Philadelphia. This SomneBeachSomeWhere-bred colt looks like he could be something special. Tim Tetrick for Ray Schnittker. Others: 1/1A, Captain Deo/Key Advisor; 7 Wheels on Fire; 3 Rock Lights.

Race Fourteen:

3 ALWAYS A HOTSHOT just missed in last. Most capable. Victor Kirby for trainer Bob Baggitt, Jr. Others: 1 MattAmerican; 5 Major War; 10 Spirit of Truth.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2018, 03:21 AM   #2
Overcall

Teach
Congrats on your call in 9th. She paid $65 to win. I liked her too
shes a closing machine. It's a shame favorites surrounded her in
the Pick 4 , which only paid $225 and if #5 won the last leg, pick
would have paid $47!!! 😩Friday i gave that horse to a friend who wheels
exactas up and down. Will find out tmw if he cought that $2323 exacta!
Overcall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply