Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:59 PM   #1891
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
Randall, unless Donny Boy outlaws golf courses, race courses, and air travel, my "bubble" is not going to burst.

And, at the risk of repeating myself, since I don't have kids or grandkids, I have nothing of my own to fret about if Americans are dumb enough to let this guy shape the future of our country.

Having said that, I'm a liberal. And I am more than willing to post my thoughts here.

It's all good....
Old 07-14-2018, 12:06 AM   #1892
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
It's all good....
Good for you maybe!

(Just kidding! )
Old 07-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #1893
snappit

Quote:
Then you missed the bit on FOX News tonight that covered the threat of violence to Donny Boy backers in London today. (Not sure the station realizes there were protests in the streets of London today on account of the prez's presence in their country. But Donny backers sneered at? Murdoch's fair and balanced FOX News has it covered! )
Didn't see that although it used to be shown here and I see enough clips from them to know what they're like. Unfortunately we have our share of the odious Murdoch over here. It was quite funny though watching Trump squirm as he made a fool of himself at the press conference yesterday when he was caught out telling multiple lies regarding an interview he gave a Murdoch publication a day before the visit. He said he didn't criticise Theresa May, calling it fake news, when the audio recording of the interview showed he did. He said the paper didn't print the nice things he said about May when it clearly did. Also caught out lying in the interview by saying he predicted Brexit the day before the referendum when he opened his golf course at Turnberry when he didn't even arrive there and open it until the day after the referendum when the result was known. Can't believe I'm actually sticking up for The Sun here.

Found it staggering that political head of a country would also refuse to take a question from the CNN journalist calling them a fake news network then saying he would take one from Fox 'a real network'.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:45 AM   #1894
woodtoo

Quote:
Having said that, I'm a liberal. And I am more than willing to post my thoughts here.
What are we offended by, today?
Old 07-14-2018, 10:47 AM   #1895
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Us!
Old 07-14-2018, 11:14 AM   #1896
highnote

Saw this on twitter:

Quote:
I’m just going to put this out on the porch and see if the cat licks it up.

New theory: what if *Melania* is his case officer? What if Melania is his Commie handler?
Old 07-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #1897
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappit View Post
Neither condone or condemn it. Not something I would do myself but we are democratic country where people have a right to peacefully demonstrate and express their feelings. This is British humour and we have a tradition of mocking our own politicians so why should Trump be exempt?
Not something that you would do yourself? Of course it is...you just posted it here! What is your reason for doing so, otherwise?

What is it about Trump's policies that scares you, a citizen of a different country, so much? I see lots of superficial criticisms but very little constructive substance in most of your posts.

Look, Smappit...as a new person to this board, you're coming across as just another butt-hurt, whining liberal and coming from a different country, no less, where your opinions, as Tom said, are, in reality, irrelevant to us. Fair and balanced opinions from those on the outside looking in are usually appreciated...give it a shot!
Old 07-14-2018, 12:24 PM   #1898
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Violent crime in the Caliphate of Londonistan is up 44%....that's what happens with a muslim mayor. His wild criticism of Trump apparently indicates that his city has a foreign policy. Try and control the thugs in your own caliphate Mr. Mayor.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:53 PM   #1899
davew

the vocal minority in London does not realize that Brexit passed by popular vote ( or was it Russia meddling? )
Old 07-14-2018, 03:54 PM   #1900
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
the vocal minority in London does not realize that Brexit passed by popular vote ( or was it Russia meddling? )
What are you talking about?

Leaving the EU isn't the issue. That's happening. The problem currently is with how to go about doing it.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:10 PM   #1901
snappit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Not something that you would do yourself? Of course it is...you just posted it here! What is your reason for doing so, otherwise?

What is it about Trump's policies that scares you, a citizen of a different country, so much? I see lots of superficial criticisms but very little constructive substance in most of your posts.

Look, Smappit...as a new person to this board, you're coming across as just another butt-hurt, whining liberal and coming from a different country, no less, where your opinions, as Tom said, are, in reality, irrelevant to us. Fair and balanced opinions from those on the outside looking in are usually appreciated...give it a shot!
OK. Yes, I am new to this forum but as you are probably be aware I have been a contributor to American racing forums of which I believe you have been a member for quite a long time, since the days of the old TVG forum in fact. The reason being I enjoy American racing (in fact I have it on the TV at the moment) and want to learn more about it but have also contributed a lot regarding British racing both flat and jumps. During that time I have interacted with some very decent and knowledgeable people. I have very rarely contributed to those forums on political threads. On this forum I have contributed to political threads. Yes, you may be right that my opinion is irrelevant, well it might be if I was commenting on internal American politics however, if you take the time to read my posts you will see that I haven't commented on anything other than threads that have been related to my country. When I see people making comments about my country that are incorrect, show a lack of knowledge of our laws, posts that call our 92 year old head of state a pig, bitch, ugly etc is, as a citizen of the UK, it irrelevant that I correct these with facts? or irrelevant that I give my opinion? Surely you're not opposed to someone from another country defending their country? You say my posts are not fair and balanced, are yours? Balance is very subjective, you seem to be saying my posts are not balanced purely because my opinion differs to yours but please show my where they are not fair.

Butt- hurt, whining liberal, well if you want to call me names because I don't subscribe to your politics go ahead, I shall try and refrain from doing the same. I will however continue to make posts on here wherever I feel it appropriate unless the owner of the board decides he/she doesn't want me he. That is their prerogative. Yes, I do have views that you think are liberal, is that an offence? I support the Labour Party over here and am probably considered left of centre but on the centre ground of the Labour Party. I'm not a particular fan of Labour's present leader but was a supporter of Tony Blair the former Labour Prime Minister, at least until he got us into the needless war in Iraq a few years ago. If it wasn't for that he probably would have gone down here as the most popular PM we have had but, because of that he is now pretty unpopular.

The picture I posted. It was as part of thread regarding demonstrations against Trump and was something I found humorous because it was in Russian and was another part of the huge protests against Trump. No I wouldn't have done it, and no I didn't join in the protests against him. I do however, totally agree that people have the right to peacefully protest, whatever their side of the argument regarding Trump, that is what we do in democracies.

As for Trump. He is your president and you elected him (albeit his opponent got more votes, but that is your system so fair enough) and that's your choice. However, I have the right to criticise him and give my opinions especially when he does, or says things in my country or does or says things that affect my country or the rest of the world. If he decides to take America out of NATO, out of the Paris accord, out of the Iran deal that is his (or your choice) not much I can do about it, but I find it very sad. I can remember every President from Carter onwards and have vague childhood memories of Ford and Nixon. I have agreed and disagreed with things all have done (as I have for all UK governments) but Trump seems different. A pity President Bartlett wasn't a real person, he would have been great. It is not only about his policies, his anti Muslim rhetoric etc but also about the undignified way he behaves, something which I have never really noticed from other presidents. His constant name calling against anyone who disagrees with him, the way he attacks the press who report things he doesn't like, the way he distorts the truth (although in fairness that is no difference to most politicians, although he seems to have taken it to another level), in some cases to do with my country and his me,me,me aren't I great attitude.

I like America and it's people and love learning about it and it's history and culture and have fond memories of when I visited there but I love my country, as I'm sure you love yours, and will defend it where it is right to do so. People may attack me and my country, their right but remember we are, and have been since most of us can remember, your closest ally and friend in the world.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:11 PM   #1902
snappit

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
What are you talking about?

Leaving the EU isn't the issue. That's happening. The problem currently is with how to go about doing it.
100% correct.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:16 PM   #1903
snappit

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
The vote over the whole UK was a very close 52%-48% to leave but, as you specifically mentioned London and a vocal minority, if you check you will see that London was one of the areas that voted to remain in the EU and by a large 60% - 40% margin. Seems like a vocal majority to me.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:26 PM   #1904
snappit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
Violent crime in the Caliphate of Londonistan is up 44%....that's what happens with a muslim mayor. His wild criticism of Trump apparently indicates that his city has a foreign policy. Try and control the thugs in your own caliphate Mr. Mayor.
This figure of 44% where do you get that from, over what period etc? You seem to have a problem with people who are Muslims, aren't Muslims allowed to hold office in a democracy? And I'd love you to explain what you mean with your comment 'that's what happens with a Muslim mayor'. Again I ask why do you call it Londonistan?
Old 07-14-2018, 07:10 PM   #1905
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappit View Post
Neither condone or condemn it. Not something I would do myself but we are democratic country where people have a right to peacefully demonstrate and express their feelings. This is British humour and we have a tradition of mocking our own politicians so why should Trump be exempt?
I hear you lock up folks trying to express their free speech these days...of course, the guy being locked up has changed his name, might be a racist or white supremacist, and was told to keep away from some courthouse...but hey...free speech is free speech right? Except when it's not I guess.

Way to go Brits!