Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-13-2021, 07:00 PM   #1
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Pro Football player vows not to kneel before games.

Not sure if this has been talked about here before. The date of this article is February 20th, 2021.

I follow the English Premier League and there are about a handful of teams that I watch every game. Their season normally runs from August to April, and like all pro sports, it got shut down in March 2020 due to the pandemic. When they got rolling again, in June, behold. the players kneeled before every game because a Minneapolis cop committed a crime six thousand miles away, well their official reason was “ to show support for the movement for racial equality.”

Here’s the thing, there were no fans in the stadiums. When I saw it my first thought was , these guys wouldn’t do this in from of 100,000 soccer hooligans. The British fans have a reputation for being rough. I would compare them to the Philadelphia sports fans (of which I’m one, or was one).

So what happened, to this point the players got 6.4 million hate messages on social media. And they are blaming Facebook and Instagram and demanding that these services require an valid ID, such as a driver’s license or passport, to get an account.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/56126928.amp
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply