Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-13-2021, 02:20 AM   #31
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
I think Ralph is spot on "adrenaline rush", shooting the tire and having a commanding order might have had a much different result.
shoot out a tire...

you live a sheltered life? are you a far-left liberal in disguise?

Nobody is going to sit there and try and shoot out a tire...as if that's going to stop someone from driving away from the cops...I've seen guys driving on RIMS to get away from the cops...

So you shoot out the tire....the guy drives off anyway and plows into a couple of kids playing outside because he loses control of his car.

Quality idea.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-13-2021 at 02:23 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2021, 02:36 AM   #32
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Hindsight is 20/20 but given the current state of things in MN they should not have tried to stop him, they could get him at home and add an extra charge.
This.

Regardless of political climate and should be SOP everywhere.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:41 AM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

creepy

Original broadcast from March 23 (starts at the 3:50 mark...warning...full misogyny ahead):

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 04-13-2021 at 03:47 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2021, 08:12 AM   #34
davew

CNN reporter risks her life to get the news

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2021, 11:52 AM   #35
Rex Phinney

LOL at people saying they should have just let him go.

Why have police at all, let's just allow people to do whatever the **** they feel like. If you want to murder someone or burglarize a neighborhood so long as you make it into your car and head home by the time the cops get there, they just let you go. Sounds awesome.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2021, 01:41 PM   #36
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
This guy should sue and he will get paid

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dau...police-officer
That is simply not right. No one should lose their job for calling for due process. The opposite of due process is mob rule and lynching.

Particularly upsetting is the board member who said the officer acted properly but voted to fire her because she feared reprisals from the protesters. Shows a definite lack of courage.

I am leaning toward believing that the officer thought she had her taser and this was a tragic accident. Perhaps further evidence will show that not to be the case.

However, there are other facts which lead me to believe the police are not entirely blameless. Mr. Wright was pulled over for having expired tags. Hardly a major criminal offense. I watched a video of the incident on MSNBC. Mr Wright was already out of his vehicle and police were attempting to put handcuffs on him before the officer announced he “Has warrants.” Why would they do that except that he was committing the crime of being black?

Many people here have expressed the opinion this would not have happened if he had cooperated and not tried to run. That ignores history. Black people live with the knowledge that encounters with police frequently end tragically for them. I understand if Daunte Wright had a desperate fear that he was going to die if he didn’t flee.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:47 PM   #37
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post

Why have police at all, let's just allow people to do whatever the **** they feel like. If you want to murder someone or burglarize a neighborhood so long as you make it into your car and head home by the time the cops get there, they just let you go. Sounds awesome.
Why not? They had his drivers license. They knew his license plate number and therefore where he lived. It was an old warrant. Why hadn’t they already executed it?
Old 04-13-2021, 02:19 PM   #38
jay68802

He was being put in cuffs because of his prior history, that included weapon possession and fleeing to avoid arrest.

Last edited by jay68802; 04-13-2021 at 02:21 PM.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2021, 02:25 PM   #39
xtb

Quote:

I don’t think everyone should be let go if they try to run but in this situation, looking at it as a Monday morning quarterback, it may have had a better outcome. If the cop managed to tase the guy as he drove off and he lost control of the car and killed innocent people, that’s a tragic outcome too. Another death during an arrest only compounds problems and fires up the left even more.

I don’t know what the law says about it but I wonder if it’s possible that when a suspect is about to be arrested, the first thing a cop should do is remove the car keys from the ignition.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2021, 02:28 PM   #40
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
That is simply not right. No one should lose their job for calling for due process. The opposite of due process is mob rule and lynching.

Particularly upsetting is the board member who said the officer acted properly but voted to fire her because she feared reprisals from the protesters. Shows a definite lack of courage.

I am leaning toward believing that the officer thought she had her taser and this was a tragic accident. Perhaps further evidence will show that not to be the case.

However, there are other facts which lead me to believe the police are not entirely blameless. Mr. Wright was pulled over for having expired tags. Hardly a major criminal offense. I watched a video of the incident on MSNBC. Mr Wright was already out of his vehicle and police were attempting to put handcuffs on him before the officer announced he “Has warrants.” Why would they do that except that he was committing the crime of being black?

Many people here have expressed the opinion this would not have happened if he had cooperated and not tried to run. That ignores history. Black people live with the knowledge that encounters with police frequently end tragically for them. I understand if Daunte Wright had a desperate fear that he was going to die if he didn’t flee.

Typical Mosty. You started out with a pretty good, reasonable point (that due process is in order regarding the officer) and then you finish without any reasoning whatsoever that all of this is because of the "crime of being black".

He had multiple arrests and an outstanding warrant. How do you know that the mention of the warrants in the video you saw was the first mention of it? They could have been discussing the warrants well before the video started.

Last edited by Rex Phinney; 04-13-2021 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:33 PM   #41
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
I don’t think everyone should be let go if they try to run but in this situation, looking at it as a Monday morning quarterback, it may have had a better outcome. If the cop managed to tase the guy as he drove off and he lost control of the car and killed innocent people, that’s a tragic outcome too. Another death during an arrest only compounds problems and fires up the left even more.

I don’t know what the law says about it but I wonder if it’s possible that when a suspect is about to be arrested, the first thing a cop should do is remove the car keys from the ignition.

How do you think other criminals will take this news? That the police will let you go if you hop in your car and drive off.

Do you think this will increase or decrease the potential for resisting arrest?

I do think removing the keys from the ignition is a reasonable thing that should be included in training. My guess is that it's a bit of a infringement of rights issue. You get pulled over for not using a blinker and the cop takes your keys? That might not be legal, but I see that it could be helpful.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:03 PM   #42
ElKabong

Quote:
How do you think other criminals will take this news? That the police will let you go if you hop in your car and drive off.

I do think removing the keys from the ignition is a reasonable thing that should be included in training. My guess is that it's a bit of a infringement of rights issue. You get pulled over for not using a blinker and the cop takes your keys? That might not be legal, but I see that it could be helpful.
Spot on. Great post
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2021, 03:38 PM   #43
xtb

Quote:

I think if it was broadcast that police will let you go if you hop in your car and drive off, it will certainly increase the potential for resisting arrest, but that's not what I said.

I'm on your side Rex but every time something like this happens, whether justified, not justified or accidental, our country dies a little more. It is used to bolster the false narrative that our country is systemically racist (it's not) or that all cops are out to kill black males (they're not). There is utter disrespect for law enforcement in this country, one might say it is "systemic". There needs to be new and different tactics to deal with these situations, there is no room for mistakes.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #44
thaskalos

Black...white...green...whatever...you take your life into your own hands when you resist arrest. Just sit there with your hands on the steering wheel and let the chips fall where they may. And this goes ten-fold if you have outstanding arrest warrants.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:55 PM   #45
46zilzal
velocitician

Just today a shooting at a high school in Knoxville left one dead (SO FAR)