Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:52 AM   #9061
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
for Wednesday, April 7, 2021

75,000 cases

900 deaths

Texas 4100 cases

110 deaths
for Thursday, April 8, 2021

80,000 cases

1000 deaths
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2021, 01:06 AM   #9062
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
You really shouldn’t confuse your audience with irony. They might actually decide to take the vaccine.
I have an audience?
Old 04-09-2021, 09:20 AM   #9063
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
This is good news, with 175 million U.S. vaccines given, and only around 5000 hospitalizations/deaths, that's about one in every 35,000.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2021, 10:58 PM   #9064
lamboguy

Quote:
for Thursday, April 8, 2021

80,000 cases

1000 deaths
for Friday, April 9, 2021

85,000 cases

900 deaths
Old 04-09-2021, 11:35 PM   #9065
mountainman

Mnr's stall superintendent, a long-time friend of mine, several days ago contracted covid two weeks after getting a first dose of pfizer. While understanding that best possible protection requires two doses, I still find this alarming.

Last edited by mountainman; 04-09-2021 at 11:41 PM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2021, 12:43 AM   #9066
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
Mnr's stall superintendent, a long-time friend of mine, several days ago contracted covid two weeks after getting a first dose of pfizer. While understanding that best possible protection requires two doses, I still find this alarming.
http://www.polioplace.org/sites/defa...G53EuslRATFHoI
Old 04-10-2021, 09:41 AM   #9067
Poindexter

Maybe fake news, maybe family member is being emotional and is wrong, or maybe......................this is the real truth.

https://mtonews.com/dmx-received-cov...rugs-exclusive

But MTO News spoke with a member of the Simmons family who believes that it was NOT drugs that caused the heart attack.

In an EXCLUSIVE interview, MTO News spoke with DMX' family member who told us that the rapper received the COVID vaccine about a week before he suffered from the heart attack.

DMX's family member told MTO News, "[DMX] got the vaccine when they opened it up to people over 50. He got it so that he could go travel and perform, stuff like that."

New York State opened up the COVID-19 vaccinations for people over the age of 50 in mid March.

And the family member suspects that DMX heart attack could have been a reaction to the vaccine. The family member explained, "Everyone [in the news] keeps saying that [DMX] had a drug overdose. How do they know. I'm in the family and no doctor told me anything about an overdose."

Then on top of this story we now have a cnn reporter who dies at 47 when she received the vaccine on march 1st. Coincidence? 2021 is becoming the year of coincidence.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertain...0post%20reads.

Then of course you now have people reacting to the J&J vaccine.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ili-story.html
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2021, 12:53 PM   #9068
46zilzal
velocitician

In ANY vaccination array, there will be a tiny percentage of side reactions. THAT is the nature of our immune system: graft vs. host reaction, Guillen Barre syndrome etc.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen...20less%20often.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:17 PM   #9069
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Maybe fake news, maybe family member is being emotional and is wrong, or maybe......................this is the real truth.

https://mtonews.com/dmx-received-cov...rugs-exclusive

But MTO News spoke with a member of the Simmons family who believes that it was NOT drugs that caused the heart attack.

In an EXCLUSIVE interview, MTO News spoke with DMX' family member who told us that the rapper received the COVID vaccine about a week before he suffered from the heart attack.

DMX's family member told MTO News, "[DMX] got the vaccine when they opened it up to people over 50. He got it so that he could go travel and perform, stuff like that."

New York State opened up the COVID-19 vaccinations for people over the age of 50 in mid March.

And the family member suspects that DMX heart attack could have been a reaction to the vaccine. The family member explained, "Everyone [in the news] keeps saying that [DMX] had a drug overdose. How do they know. I'm in the family and no doctor told me anything about an overdose."

Then on top of this story we now have a cnn reporter who dies at 47 when she received the vaccine on march 1st. Coincidence? 2021 is becoming the year of coincidence.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/entertain...0post%20reads.

Then of course you now have people reacting to the J&J vaccine.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ili-story.html
DMX wasn't the picture of health no matter how you slice it.

He smoked for 30 years....OD'd several times...and become very overweight in recent years...

He was a heart attack waiting to happen
Old 04-10-2021, 03:55 PM   #9070
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
DMX wasn't the picture of health no matter how you slice it.

He smoked for 30 years....OD'd several times...and become very overweight in recent years...

He was a heart attack waiting to happen
Assuming the story is true, then there is a fourth maybe, it is the good ol coincidence. Made it to 50 or whatever takes a vaccine and dies a week later.

I am not implying anything or trying to convince anyone of anything. I am just saying that there are a whole lot of well known people who have died this year at fairly young ages or unexpectedly. God knows how many not well known folks have died and we haven't heard shit about it. Because from what I can see in every case there is an excuse why the vaccine had nothing to do with it. Now it could be that I am just more cognizant of it because I am looking out for it.

Then you have these liberals trying to convince everyone breathing to take a vaccine (because Dr. Fraud-Chi says to) for something that as far as I concerned, unless you are in the high risk group (very old and vulnerable) you have virtually no chance of dying from. I don't care if anyone or everyone takes the vaccine. It is personal choice. Adults make their own decisions and live or die with consequences. Having kids take the vaccine at this point is beyond ridiculous. I just don't like it being shoved down everyone's throat by the president, by the msm, by society, by Dr. Fraud- Chi, when as far as I am concerned close to 50% of the population is at virtually zero risk of dying from covid without the vaccine. The rest can take the vaccine to their hearts content and for the most part eliminate their risk of hospitalization and death. I don't get this push to have everybody vaccinated. It is so irresponsible at this point.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2021, 05:55 PM   #9071
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Here’s a analysis of the AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK, that calculates the odds of being harmed (hospitalization or death) by COVID vs. being harmed by the AstraZeneca vaccine. Dr Campbell divides people into three groups: those who have a low, medium or high exposure risk. And then he divides each group into five age groups: 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s. A high exposure would be someone, for example, whose job involves interacting with many people daily. A low exposure would be someone like myself who stays home most of the time. Also, the prevalence of the virus in your area would also determine your exposure category.

These charts are based on 100,000 people. As you can see, the older you are the greater your chance of being harmed by COVID; and the younger you are the greater your chances of being harmed by the AstraZeneca vaccine
For example, as you can see from the first chart, if you are age 25 and have a low exposure risk, your chances of being harmed by COVID are 0.8 per 100,000 or 0.0008 % . Your chances of being harmed by the vaccine are 1.1/100,000 or 0.0011%. So you are 1.375 times (11/8) more likely to be harmed by the vaccine, but this is the only situation where the vaccine is more potentially harmful than COVID — someone in their 20s in a low risk group.

However, as you can see from the third chart, if you are age 25 and have a high exposure risk, your chances of being harmed by COVID are 6.9 per 100,000 or 0.0069% . Your chances of being harmed by the vaccine are the same, 1.1/100,000 or 0.0011%. Now you are 6.2 (69/11) times more likely to be harmed by COVID.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg campbell01.jpg (90.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg campbell02.jpg (113.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg campbell03.jpg (145.9 KB, 2 views)
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2021, 09:07 PM   #9072
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Assuming the story is true, then there is a fourth maybe, it is the good ol coincidence. Made it to 50 or whatever takes a vaccine and dies a week later.

I am not implying anything or trying to convince anyone of anything. I am just saying that there are a whole lot of well known people who have died this year at fairly young ages or unexpectedly. God knows how many not well known folks have died and we haven't heard shit about it. Because from what I can see in every case there is an excuse why the vaccine had nothing to do with it. Now it could be that I am just more cognizant of it because I am looking out for it.

Then you have these liberals trying to convince everyone breathing to take a vaccine (because Dr. Fraud-Chi says to) for something that as far as I concerned, unless you are in the high risk group (very old and vulnerable) you have virtually no chance of dying from. I don't care if anyone or everyone takes the vaccine. It is personal choice. Adults make their own decisions and live or die with consequences. Having kids take the vaccine at this point is beyond ridiculous. I just don't like it being shoved down everyone's throat by the president, by the msm, by society, by Dr. Fraud- Chi, when as far as I am concerned close to 50% of the population is at virtually zero risk of dying from covid without the vaccine. The rest can take the vaccine to their hearts content and for the most part eliminate their risk of hospitalization and death. I don't get this push to have everybody vaccinated. It is so irresponsible at this point.
Poindexter...I very much agree with your entire post...especially the last two sentences. There are people who are NATURALLY immune to COVID-19...yet EVERYONE needs to be vaccinated. And these people have the nerve to wonder why so many are skeptical of all of this.
Old 04-10-2021, 09:29 PM   #9073
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Poindexter...I very much agree with your entire post...especially the last two sentences. There are people who are NATURALLY immune to COVID-19...yet EVERYONE needs to be vaccinated. And these people have the nerve to wonder why so many are skeptical of all of this.
Natural immunity:

I’ve heard that this might be the case.

But how would one know?
Old 04-10-2021, 09:37 PM   #9074
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Natural immunity:

I’ve heard that this might be the case.

But how would one know?
I get what you are saying, TJDave.

It is eerily similar to so much of the stuff we have been listening to for 13 months now.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:39 PM   #9075
lamboguy

Quote:
for Friday, April 9, 2021

85,000 cases

900 deaths
for Saturday, April 10, 2021

67,000 cases

700 deaths