Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-11-2005, 09:21 PM   #1
Thomason

Barry Bonds Photos

Several months ago, someone posted a link to an ESPN website that had a series of Bonds' photos through the years with his batting statistics underneath. I've searched the board but can't find it. Can someone help me locate it?
Old 01-12-2005, 12:52 AM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Check out this page from ESPN

comparing Barry Bonds Body Through the Years...........check out the stats at the bottom of the pictures..........

http://espn.go.com/mlb/gallery/19379070.html
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2021, 09:38 PM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Saw this on Twitter

Old 04-03-2021, 10:25 PM   #4
TJDave

I’ve never understood why professional athletes were chastised for taking PED’s. Isn’t it their job to be the best they can be?
Old 04-03-2021, 10:52 PM   #5
Vinnie

I remember a famous quote by Andy Van Slyke (Love Van Slyke) who once stated something along the lines of "I played ball on the same team with the guy for years, and all that I can say is as one head got larger the other one got smaller".

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2021, 10:59 PM   #6
Vinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I’ve never understood why professional athletes were chastised for taking PED’s. Isn’t it their job to be the best they can be?
Given a situation where there is a near negligible amount of difference in measured talent say between two individuals, P.E.D.'s are a major boost to the athlete taking them as they may be the only thing when used correctly that is allowing them to stay in a game at the very highest level while simultaneously allowing that person to perform at levels that they could not reasonably achieve or reach if they weren't taking them.

Vinnie

Old 04-04-2021, 03:44 PM   #7
Rex Phinney

Meh, crybaby bitches. He was hitting against pitchers who were all juiced too. He hit like a hall of famer way before any PED use.

PED use isn’t helping his hand eye coordination or the unreal ability he had to wait for his pitch.

Get over it. He was a badass.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2021, 04:10 PM   #8
thaskalos

I can sympathize with the guy who needs to take steroids in order to stay in the League and draw a paycheck. Everybody's got to make a living. But when a guy has the natural ability to hit 45 450-foot home
runs a year, and he takes steroids so he can hit 70 500-foot home runs a year...then that guy is a PIG...and he deserves all the negative consequences that come his way.

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-04-2021 at 04:13 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2021, 05:04 PM   #9
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I can sympathize with the guy who needs to take steroids in order to stay in the League and draw a paycheck. Everybody's got to make a living. But when a guy has the natural ability to hit 45 450-foot home
runs a year, and he takes steroids so he can hit 70 500-foot home runs a year...then that guy is a PIG...and he deserves all the negative consequences that come his way.

Someone on that Twitter picture of Ernie Banks, said something to the effect of; "Bonds hit 512 HR with that body too!, And then it wasn't enough!"

It gets ridiculous...

Cat is out of the bag, and Sports and Fans prefer 'superhero' types with bulging muscles on their ads and highlights... Highly competitive and everyone is doing it...

Bonds got a bit ridiculous. He almost 200 walks that one year. He was hitting like a video game...

Sports require a certain 'suspension of disbelief' with all that goes on, to begin with. When players go to body-building levels of drugs, it ultimately tarnishes that integrity. It's probably not a healthy standard for the players to have to live up to either.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:39 PM   #10
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I never thought of it that way.........interesting perspective
Old 04-04-2021, 06:54 PM   #11
Vinnie

Barry Bonds was a Hall of Famer without the Scooby Snacks, so, why did he have to ruin (taint) his entire career with the over the top cheating?! And, yes, when you are already a tremendously disciplined hitter the added extra strength and quickness with the bat allows an already phenomenally disciplined hitter the opportunity to watch the ball a split second longer which is an eternity to such an already fabulous hitter. He should have never taken that garbage. IMHO he was tired of Sosa and McGuire being in the constant spotlight and receiving the lion's share of the press so he just had to one up the lot of them.

Vinnie

Old 04-04-2021, 07:06 PM   #12
Vinnie

When Carl Lewis was at the height of his game and the fastest man in the world he had no peer. Then, along comes this guy named Ben Johnson who was probably in the top 8 or 10 fastest men in the world at the time. Naturally, this didn't go over too well with Ben. No sir! Ben needed that extra strength and athletic explosiveness that the Roids provided for him because it drove him nuts that he wasn't as great or fast as Carl straight away and he was never going to be as fast as Carl on an equal and even playing field. He simply wasn't satisfied with being one of the very fastest men in the world. How sad.

Vinnie

Last edited by Vinnie; 04-04-2021 at 07:11 PM.