Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 03-17-2021, 06:30 PM   #2581
FakeNameChanged

GLD & SLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
My charts are showing that the gold miners-GDX, have given a reversal signal to the upside two days ago. And the Jr. miners -GDXJ, the same signal today. These groups usually lead GLD, but it's very close to reversal also.

SLV, not yet at same level.
GLD, gives the signal today, and SLV shows one weak signal, still waiting for a confirmation, very close.
Old 03-19-2021, 12:03 AM   #2582
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
if, and that is a big IF the amount of corona cases go below 5000 nationally this summer, domestic travel should pick up. but i don't see that much of a pickup in international travel. a lot of international destinations have high case rates right now.
It is already picking up. Airports and airlines are reporting huge increases in passengers. International is going to depend upon destination. There lots going to Mexico. There is such a backlog of people wanting to travel for vacation and to visit family, it is going to boom. It is already booming.
Old 03-21-2021, 04:00 AM   #2583
lamboguy

Motley Fool Fans

https://www.fool.ca/2021/03/17/act-n...ext-100-years/
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2021, 04:06 AM   #2584
lamboguy

this article might explain the turn around in the MUX chart....

just remember there are always 3 phases in every stock..

1. Accumulation

2. Markup

3. Distribution

these 3 steps go on and on constantly in markets.
Old 03-21-2021, 06:17 AM   #2585
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Article is mostly a shill for McEwen Mining by Motley Fool. Frankly I'm surprised that Motley being mostly a fundamentals type of stock advisor, is supporting McEwen. MUX's earnings, profits, and cost of doing of doing business, have all been going in the wrong direction for several years.

Now one of their main businesses in Mexico is being blockaded illegally, whatever that means. It says access into their company. I do think the Miners, and Jr. Miners appear to be on the upswing now, but Mux again reports surprise 4th quarter negative-earnings for 2020. Other miners appear to be going in the opposite direction of McEwen. I don't think the founder, McEwen knows how to operate his company profitably at this point. A change may be needed. Don't know enough about how other miners make profits year after year.
Old 03-21-2021, 02:18 PM   #2586
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

US Mint is now Canceling Orders

ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2021, 03:56 PM   #2587
lamboguy

that's because there is a very high demand of silver these days and by going to the open market to buy silver they would have to pay premiums. if they chose to pay the premiums the price would run up.. that's why they had to cancel. they obviously held the price down, but not the demand. eventually the price will catch up to the demand. but in all actuality, a small fry like myself can't get my hands on physical silver for $26 an ounce. i would have to pay about $34 if i was able to get a fair deal... the small dealers are holding back now too, knowing that price is going up.
Old 03-22-2021, 04:17 AM   #2588
lamboguy

Quote:
Article is mostly a shill for McEwen Mining by Motley Fool. Frankly I'm surprised that Motley being mostly a fundamentals type of stock advisor, is supporting McEwen. MUX's earnings, profits, and cost of doing of doing business, have all been going in the wrong direction for several years.

Now one of their main businesses in Mexico is being blockaded illegally, whatever that means. It says access into their company. I do think the Miners, and Jr. Miners appear to be on the upswing now, but Mux again reports surprise 4th quarter negative-earnings for 2020. Other miners appear to be going in the opposite direction of McEwen. I don't think the founder, McEwen knows how to operate his company profitably at this point. A change may be needed. Don't know enough about how other miners make profits year after year.
no denying that this company has been awful for a decade now.. i know, its been very painful.. the CEO put up $125 million of his own money, and through the years has backstopped it many times... he doesn't even get a paycheck.. not much in the way of insider buys except for him..

there is a big gap starting this stock right in its face at .97. its probably going to get there the way the world is buying up the dollar right now. but as bad as the fundamentals have been for the is stock, it has a high volume top right at $9.00.. in my world markets don't end with big volume highs or for that matter high volume low's... that's the main reason i got hooked into this stock. the other was that i met the CEO 20 years and was very impressed with him, not only as a businessman, but also as a human being.. together with his wife, they are devoted to stem cell research. they have raised and donated to that cause throughout the years. when he started this company, it was much smaller, and told me he has plenty of patience because he has some big goals to shoot for.. from what i have seen he has expanded the operation's of the company, as of right now he has not done a great job of expanding revenues. he made a bad mistake by not selling his product in 2011 when the pog was high. by not selling there he held on for the ride. his properties have plenty of upside, but lots of jurisdictional risk that come with it..

the way i look at the stock is that its a never expiring option based on future demand for gold, silver and copper and the company executing with what they have.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:49 AM   #2589
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
no denying that this company has been awful for a decade now.. i know, its been very painful.. the CEO put up $125 million of his own money, and through the years has backstopped it many times... he doesn't even get a paycheck.. not much in the way of insider buys except for him..

there is a big gap starting this stock right in its face at .97. its probably going to get there the way the world is buying up the dollar right now. but as bad as the fundamentals have been for the is stock, it has a high volume top right at $9.00.. in my world markets don't end with big volume highs or for that matter high volume low's... that's the main reason i got hooked into this stock. the other was that i met the CEO 20 years and was very impressed with him, not only as a businessman, but also as a human being.. together with his wife, they are devoted to stem cell research. they have raised and donated to that cause throughout the years. when he started this company, it was much smaller, and told me he has plenty of patience because he has some big goals to shoot for.. from what i have seen he has expanded the operation's of the company, as of right now he has not done a great job of expanding revenues. he made a bad mistake by not selling his product in 2011 when the pog was high. by not selling there he held on for the ride. his properties have plenty of upside, but lots of jurisdictional risk that come with it..

the way i look at the stock is that its a never expiring option based on future demand for gold, silver and copper and the company executing with what they have.
You know, from all reports and things I've read or heard, both Herbert Hoover and Jimmy Carter were pretty incredible human beings. But neither of them were great or even good leaders.
Steve Jobs, the Apple founder, had just the opposite qualities from all reports.

As to demand for gold and silver, I'm still unable to quantify how crypto impacts that in the future. Or maybe it has already, I can't tell.
Old 03-22-2021, 11:55 AM   #2590
lamboguy

Quote:
You know, from all reports and things I've read or heard, both Herbert Hoover and Jimmy Carter were pretty incredible human beings. But neither of them were great or even good leaders.
Steve Jobs, the Apple founder, had just the opposite qualities from all reports.

As to demand for gold and silver, I'm still unable to quantify how crypto impacts that in the future. Or maybe it has already, I can't tell.
supposedly, the amount of crypto is limited.. i am told that there is a high cost to mine the coins..

the total market cap now for crypto is in the billions, while gold is about $10 trillion or more. add in silver which is roughly $1.5 trillion, add palladium, platinum, rhodium and a few other things and you find that crypto's are not and will never be in the same league as precious metals.

that being said, there is probably some place in this world for the crypto's.. personally, i don't know to much about that world and i chose to stay the hell away from them. if the people people that believe in crypto can convince enough people to pour their hearts into the crypto, then it might last for awhile.

i think its bad enough for the central and bullion banks being able to put a lid on precious metals though paper transactions. some day they won't be able to.. with the crypto, you know the government is going to go after it and form their own blockchain technology.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:42 PM   #2591
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
I don't own any crypto because I can't take physical possession of it.

That said, it looks to me like crypto (all types) is trending towards, but hasn't yet reached, an inflection point where it becomes widely accepted like other rare collectibles such as gold, silver, platinum, etc.

Last week I read that an artist had created a digital house that sold for $500k as a form of crypto called NFT.

by Maria Gracia Santillana | March 18, 2021 |
NFTs Enter Real Estate with Digital 'Mars House' Sold for $500,000:
https://gothammag.com/nft-house-sold-500k

Quote:
According to CNBC, the creation titled "Mars House" is the inaugural piece of crypto real estate, marking the expansion of NFT technology’s growing popularity. NFTs, or non-fungible tokens, are unique digital files secured by blockchain technology that verify file identity, ownership and authenticity. This year has seen NFTs skyrocket in popularity, catching headlines across the globe with Beeple’s recent $69 million sale of an NFT via Christie's auction.

"Mars House" is fashioned as the epitome of modernity. With sharp lines and rounded edges, the glass furniture inside the digital abode functions as an open concept, one floor property in the middle of a digital Martian landscape. Neon lights contrast with the warm, Earth-tone accents. According to Kim, the house is supposed to look cool but also promote meditative well-being.
Maybe crypto is a lot closer to wide acceptance than I thought?

-jp

Old 03-22-2021, 02:45 PM   #2592
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Maybe Crypto is the ultimate way to launder money worldwide, and on Mars as well...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2021, 05:11 PM   #2593
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Wait...so this piece of "digital art" was composed entirely of digital currency NFT?

So one could conceivable "disassemble" the digital art and sell off the NFT that it is comprised of? Is that my understanding?

People are so dumb...
Old 03-22-2021, 09:43 PM   #2594
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Coindesk.com | Feb 1, 2021 | Updated Mar 22, 2021
What Are NFTs and How Do They Work?
https://www.coindesk.com/what-are-nfts

Quote:
Why do they have value?

Like all assets, supply and demand are the key market drivers for price. Due to the scarce nature of NFTs and the high demand for them from gamers, collectors and investors, people are often prepared to pay a lot of money for them.

Some NFTs also have the potential to make their owners a lot of money. For instance, one gamer on the Decentraland virtual land platform decided to purchase 64 lots and combine them into a single estate. Dubbed “The Secrets of Satoshis Tea Garden,” it sold for $80,000 purely because of its desirable location and road access. Another investor parted with $222,000 to purchase a segment of a digital Monaco racing track in the F1 Delta Time game. The NFT representing the piece of digital track allows the owner to receive 5% dividends from all races that take place on it, including entry ticket fees.
Imo, that's some crazy shit.

Paying $222,000 for a section of digital racetrack in a game.

And collecting royalties every time the game is played.

It's like buying a toll booth on an actual road.

Except in this case the road isn't real.

F1 Delta Time Game:
https://www.jbb.one/en/gamedetails/354.html

But I'm guessing the money is.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 03-22-2021 at 09:48 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2021, 08:13 AM   #2595
lamboguy

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/hoye/hoye033021.pdf

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: