Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-16-2020, 05:46 PM   #16
Stevecsd2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Actually, this is all quite wonderful.

California is becoming an example of how a state with the economy of a country can ruin itself with extreme leftist thinking.

Give it some time and the middle-minded Democrats will wake up and change their party.

Dave, as much as I'd like you to be right, I wouldn't put any money bets on that. Los Angeles is in as bad a shape as San Francisco. When you are in a free fall the energy required to get back to even is huge. The best thing moderate Californians can do is leave the state.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2020, 05:49 PM   #17
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The only thing will ever change California is the "big one."

Last edited by Tom; 01-16-2020 at 05:51 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2020, 06:21 PM   #18
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The only thing will ever change California is the "big one."
Yep....
Old 01-16-2020, 07:22 PM   #19
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post

Yep....
I can't wait for Ugly Nancy to stroke out. Soon, very soon.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2020, 07:39 PM   #20
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
Dave, as much as I'd like you to be right, I wouldn't put any money bets on that. Los Angeles is in as bad a shape as San Francisco. When you are in a free fall the energy required to get back to even is huge. The best thing moderate Californians can do is leave the state.
Oh, I agree. My thought was that the rest of the country could see what a debacle California really is.

Beth & I go to visit our grandkids about once a year together. Every time I am there, I'm shocked at how much worse it has gotten in just 12 months or so.

BTW, about those people who leave... Our experience is that they come here and immediately want to push the political bandwagon leftward.

Actually had a conversation with someone we met at Home Depot 3 or 4 nights in the same week. (We'd both just moved into brand new homes.) So, by the 4th night, we were buds.

I asked him what caused them to leave CA and he talked about how the political arena was so nuts. (This was 18 years ago.) I thought we were on the same page until he said, "Reno is such a nice place. Your politics are a little out of whack, but we've got lots of great ideas to fix that."
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2020, 07:43 PM   #21
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Oh, I agree. My thought was that the rest of the country could see what a debacle California really is.

Beth & I go to visit our grandkids about once a year together. Every time I am there, I'm shocked at how much worse it has gotten in just 12 months or so.

BTW, about those people who leave... Our experience is that they come here and immediately want to push the political bandwagon leftward.

Actually had a conversation with someone we met at Home Depot 3 or 4 nights in the same week. (We'd both just moved into brand new homes.) So, by the 4th night, we were buds.

I asked him what caused them to leave CA and he talked about how the political arena was so nuts. (This was 18 years ago.) I thought we were on the same page until he said, "Reno is such a nice place. Your politics are a little out of whack, but we've got lots of great ideas to fix that."
Dave,

Where's Donner Pass when you need it?
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2020, 10:54 PM   #22
ElKabong

Quote:

Spot on about bringing their politics with them. Look at Austin now vs the mid to late 70s when I was there. Used to be the coolest place on earth, now it's a mini san Fran with the homeless issues etc. Seems like half the people I run into that I didn't know prior are from California. They've brought their politics with them and pretty much ruined the place.

The cali imports here in dfw have the same political leanings but haven't the numbers to shake things up here. .yet
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2021, 05:55 PM   #23
davew

homelessness has become big business for somebody in San Francisco.

tent cities are being built at the cost of over $60K / year / tent

https://ktla.com/news/california/san...ss-population/
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2021, 01:43 AM   #24
Stevecsd2

Quote:
Actually, this is all quite wonderful.

California is becoming an example of how a state with the economy of a country can ruin itself with extreme leftist thinking.

Give it some time and the middle-minded Democrats will wake up and change their party.
I disagree. Democrats are becoming more progressive and left wing by the minute. The "middle-minded" will be cowed and canceled by the rabid, aggressive and sometimes violent far left side.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2021, 12:11 PM   #25
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
homelessness has become big business for somebody in San Francisco.

tent cities are being built at the cost of over $60K / year / tent

https://ktla.com/news/california/san...ss-population/
Democrats always said that they were the "big tent" party.
I always said they were the "poop in the street" party.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:40 PM   #26
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Oregon and Washington state got most of their influx from California during the latter half of the 20th century. The were looking to get away from high crime and taxes.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2021, 02:01 PM   #27
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
I disagree. Democrats are becoming more progressive and left wing by the minute. The "middle-minded" will be cowed and canceled by the rabid, aggressive and sometimes violent far left side.
Actually, I agree with you!

I did not mean it as it sounded.

The "middle-minded" are the people in the MIDDLE of the spectrum, who, by California standards would be considered conservative.

To say it better, "In order to survive politically in the coming years, the politically "moderate" will to have to shift left.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: