Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-17-2021, 02:17 PM   #31
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Right you are. This behavior is nothing new. it's the result of physiological damage. AND it it no way refutes the assertion that white supremacy is the root cause of the coming civil war, just as it was for the previous civil war.
Your post reminds me of my grandfather's comments to me 60 yrs ago about the civil war wasn't "all about slavery" to most southerners because most didn't own slaves. There were deeper issues to many southerners that didn't relate to race

Thanks for reminding me how history is written. Fake news we call it now
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2021, 02:26 PM   #32
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
Confederate Flag=White Supremacy
Pretty much.

You have a different opinion?
Old 01-17-2021, 02:31 PM   #33
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Your post reminds me of my grandfather's comments to me 60 yrs ago about the civil war wasn't "all about slavery" to most southerners because most didn't own slaves. There were deeper issues to many southerners that didn't relate to race

Thanks for reminding me how history is written. Fake news we call it now
Your grandfather was very astute. It was much deeper than slavery. The economic power of the nation was tilting northward due to the industrial revolution. The south was fighting as much for Virginia's position on the power totem pole as she was for the right to own slaves, though don't minimize this motive. Even though the majority of land owners in the south at that time didn't own slaves, they would be damned first before some one told them they couldn't. Everything, I mean everything, of any consequence in antebellum America, went through the Virginian decision makers before it saw the light of day. Virginia, economically, was to antebellum America what California is to the USA today. Except two-fold. California is held in check by the powerful New England leftist establishment. There was no check like that on Virginia until the 1850s.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2021, 02:44 PM   #34
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Pretty much.

You have a different opinion?
Yes I do.

I don't deny there are white supremists in America. I mean, duh. But absolutely everything and anything that doesn't conform to the racial discussion today is proof of white supremacy? If the guy would have been wearing a white hood, I'd be with you, but the confederate flag means a lot of things to a lot of people, and it's not all about race. But, lets keep it simple.

Aside from one guy walking into the capitol with a confederate flag, do we have anything else? Or does that one guy represent the whole movement? And does that flag in his hand explain everything that everybody was expressing with their presence in WADC that day? And is that one explanation........ A broad rightist movement towards a lilly white America?
Old 01-17-2021, 02:57 PM   #35
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
Confederate Flag=White Supremacy?

Yep. Keep it simple. The media wins again.
Only to the stupidest among us.

That demonstration had nothing to do with race, unlike the BLM summer of terror, which was all about race, and, of course, free TVs.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:27 PM   #36
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Only to the stupidest among us.

That demonstration had nothing to do with race, unlike the BLM summer of terror, which was all about race, and, of course, free TVs.
As misguided as I believe the Jan. 6 protestors were, I agree with this completely.

The media has twisted this whole thing into a pretzel that keeps bending and twisting until we, the people, have no choice but to be told what it all means.

It's so damn ugly, and people are going to get hurt, and others will do nothing but see it as an opportunity. There seems to be no effort to calm things or fix them. It's just more fuel, day after day.
Old 01-17-2021, 03:51 PM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Like I've been saying, this country is dead.
Old 01-17-2021, 04:14 PM   #38
woodtoo

2 time Impeachment champion.jpeg

The Champ is still in charge America.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: