Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #1
davew

North Dakota pipeline protest

A group protesting a pipeline going under a river is supposed to leave, but they are staying and getting re-enforcements. There may be as many as a thousand veterans showing up.

The temperature is dropping as a cold front is coming through. It may be 20 degrees below zero (before wind chill) early next week....
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2016, 02:15 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

Hope Palin cleans up the VA. Classic example of a big problem. Looks like a thousand or so brave patriots who risked themselves to keep us all safe have lost their minds and joined hands with a bunch of tree hugging liberals. Get these vets the help they need to overcome whatever haunts them so bad they are not making rational decisions.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2016, 03:00 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

They may be on the right side of this.....I'll give them benefit of the doubt until I learn more about it all. When I hear 1,000 vets are involved, it is time to stop and do a reality check.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #4
letswastemoney

I feel like there's something I'm not reading in all of this.

Is there an underlying reason behind all these protests? Will someone besides the Native Americans benefit if there is no pipeline?
letswastemoney is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2016, 03:33 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney

Is there an underlying reason behind all these protests? Will someone besides the Native Americans benefit if there is no pipeline?
Found this at Reuters......
Quote:
38 miles of the Dakota Access Pipeline cuts through territory that still belongs to Native Americans, based on a 1851 treaty signed at Fort Laramie in Wyoming.
Apparently part of that is their burial grounds.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:24 PM   #6
Fager Fan
Veteran

If it was Christian sacred ground, the libs wouldn't care.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2016, 04:29 PM   #7
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
If it was Christian sacred ground, the libs wouldn't care.
You've got that right!
Old 12-02-2016, 05:24 PM   #8
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney

I thought the issue was possibility of leakage into the river and subsequent contamination all the way down stream to the Gulf of Mexico.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2016, 06:22 PM   #9
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
I thought the issue was possibility of leakage into the river and subsequent contamination all the way down stream to the Gulf of Mexico.
Same old shit. Look up the pipelines that already run under this country. They are everywhere with little trouble.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2016, 06:32 PM   #10
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Same old shit. Look up the pipelines that already run under this country. They are everywhere with little trouble.
Agreed.
Derailed oil tanker rail cars can do every bit as much damage if not more.
Warren Buffett has heavy investments in the continued use of oil tanker cars and it is my guess that he has probably given some seed money to these protesters.
He also contributed heavily to the Obama campaigns and it was no surprise that Obama would not okay the X-L Pipeline.
Oil spills from rail cars are more frequent than from pipelines.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...road-tank-cars
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2016, 06:42 PM   #11
Racetrack Playa
regular user

http://wearechange.org/mainstream-me...h-kansas-city/
Old 12-02-2016, 06:53 PM   #12
Greyfox

[YT="Lake Megantic Oil Tanker Rail Disaster"]uaLQWBbV50o[/YT]
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2016, 07:51 PM   #13
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
Hope Palin cleans up the VA. Classic example of a big problem. Looks like a thousand or so brave patriots who risked themselves to keep us all safe have lost their minds and joined hands with a bunch of tree hugging liberals. Get these vets the help they need to overcome whatever haunts them so bad they are not making rational decisions.
and it's as simple as this
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2016, 08:10 PM   #14
chadk66

The misinformation regarding this is horrendous. I'm going to give you the short version of exactly what the deal is. DAPL (the pipeline) has went through every ounce of permitting which started three years ago. Which included ACOE permits for boring under several bodies of water including the Missouri river/Lake Oahe here in ND. The pipeline is basically completed aside from the bore. It's about 1600 miles long. There was a three year public input period over this. The ACOE met with ND officials on dozens of occasions. six times there were explicit requests sent to the Sioux tribe to come to these meetings and express any concerns they had. They never showed up. The claims of indian burial grounds is 100% false. There is an existing pipeline running alongside this one that has been in the ground since 1981 or 82'. Here is where the issues with the tribe started. The pipeline company originally wanted to go through a small portion of the reservation after it crossed the lake. The pipeline will not be on any reservation land whatsoever now. The pipeline company offered the tribe 9-10 million for an easement to cross a small portion of the res. This is probably a thousand times more than any other land owner was offered along the whole route. So they aren't making that public. But I have a good friend that works for them. The tribe refused and wanted 50 million. They figured the pipeline had to go through the res. Turns out they had a plan B. So they told them no dice we'll use a different route. Tribe thought they were joking. This negotiation happened a year and a half ago. Tribe figured they were bluffing. Turns out they weren't. So the tribe was pissed they missed out on their pay day. They knew they couldn't raise hell over money so the tribal leaders convinced the tribe they needed to raise hell over this because a leak could screw up the water at their intake for tribal drinking water. This crossing is a few miles upstream from their intakes. So they riled up a whole bunch of natives and they started out peacefully protesting. Due to social media a bunch of out of state tree huggers caught wind of it and thought they would love to protest with a bunch of natives. So they started showing up by the hundreds. california is very well represented. But they were never told it was over money lol. Nor did they bother to tell these protestors turned rioters that the tribes intake for water is being pulled at years end. They have a new water supply line coming from SD that draws water from 70 miles south of the current one lol. Well things have gotten way out of hand. They have burned up over a million dollars worth of equipment that the pipeline company owns. They have stolen, butchered and killed over thirty cattle from nearby ranchers. There is raping and pillaging going on in their camps like you can't believe. These people are being paid by the likes of George Soros. Craigs list adds have been found in most major cities trying to hire people to go protest. One gas shot at law enforcement but was subdued without being shot back at. How the hell that happened I cannot explain. Anywhere else there would have been dead protestors laying all over. She is up on attempted murder of a police officer charges. They also set fire to a bunch of stuff they had put on a bridge on the only highway going south from Mandan. The bridge is now closed indef. until it can be inspected by engineers. They have cut pasture fence all over hell. They have rioted in Bismarck on numerous occasions. defaced the state capital. over 400 arrests have been made. They rioted in the mall in Bismarck on black friday. Boys in blue arrested 50 that day. They are building permanent structures without permits. They have been camped out on ACOE land. The corp told them 12/5 and they're out. But obama won't let them enforce that. There have been many natives that came from out of state and after a few days got the hell out and have been telling the real story on facebook ever since. It is horrible. They won't let the press in there to see what is really going on in the camps. They have held people against their will and officers have had to go in there and remove them and threaten kidnapping charges. It has cost the state 10 million to date and we just approved 7 million more. Officers from all over the country have had to be brought in to help. They are sending out propoganda through social media like you can't believe. little to none is true. This is the short story. I could go on and on. This will end with many deaths mark my words.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2016, 08:19 PM   #15
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
The misinformation regarding this is horrendous. I'm going to give you the short version of exactly what the deal is. DAPL (the pipeline) has went through every ounce of permitting which started three years ago. Which included ACOE permits for boring under several bodies of water including the Missouri river/Lake Oahe here in ND. The pipeline is basically completed aside from the bore. It's about 1600 miles long. There was a three year public input period over this. The ACOE met with ND officials on dozens of occasions. six times there were explicit requests sent to the Sioux tribe to come to these meetings and express any concerns they had. They never showed up. The claims of indian burial grounds is 100% false. There is an existing pipeline running alongside this one that has been in the ground since 1981 or 82'. Here is where the issues with the tribe started. The pipeline company originally wanted to go through a small portion of the reservation after it crossed the lake. The pipeline will not be on any reservation land whatsoever now. The pipeline company offered the tribe 9-10 million for an easement to cross a small portion of the res. This is probably a thousand times more than any other land owner was offered along the whole route. So they aren't making that public. But I have a good friend that works for them. The tribe refused and wanted 50 million. They figured the pipeline had to go through the res. Turns out they had a plan B. So they told them no dice we'll use a different route. Tribe thought they were joking. This negotiation happened a year and a half ago. Tribe figured they were bluffing. Turns out they weren't. So the tribe was pissed they missed out on their pay day. They knew they couldn't raise hell over money so the tribal leaders convinced the tribe they needed to raise hell over this because a leak could screw up the water at their intake for tribal drinking water. This crossing is a few miles upstream from their intakes. So they riled up a whole bunch of natives and they started out peacefully protesting. Due to social media a bunch of out of state tree huggers caught wind of it and thought they would love to protest with a bunch of natives. So they started showing up by the hundreds. california is very well represented. But they were never told it was over money lol. Nor did they bother to tell these protestors turned rioters that the tribes intake for water is being pulled at years end. They have a new water supply line coming from SD that draws water from 70 miles south of the current one lol. Well things have gotten way out of hand. They have burned up over a million dollars worth of equipment that the pipeline company owns. They have stolen, butchered and killed over thirty cattle from nearby ranchers. There is raping and pillaging going on in their camps like you can't believe. These people are being paid by the likes of George Soros. Craigs list adds have been found in most major cities trying to hire people to go protest. One gas shot at law enforcement but was subdued without being shot back at. How the hell that happened I cannot explain. Anywhere else there would have been dead protestors laying all over. She is up on attempted murder of a police officer charges. They also set fire to a bunch of stuff they had put on a bridge on the only highway going south from Mandan. The bridge is now closed indef. until it can be inspected by engineers. They have cut pasture fence all over hell. They have rioted in Bismarck on numerous occasions. defaced the state capital. over 400 arrests have been made. They rioted in the mall in Bismarck on black friday. Boys in blue arrested 50 that day. They are building permanent structures without permits. They have been camped out on ACOE land. The corp told them 12/5 and they're out. But obama won't let them enforce that. There have been many natives that came from out of state and after a few days got the hell out and have been telling the real story on facebook ever since. It is horrible. They won't let the press in there to see what is really going on in the camps. They have held people against their will and officers have had to go in there and remove them and threaten kidnapping charges. It has cost the state 10 million to date and we just approved 7 million more. Officers from all over the country have had to be brought in to help. They are sending out propoganda through social media like you can't believe. little to none is true. This is the short story. I could go on and on. This will end with many deaths mark my words.
Wow, that was some paragraph.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply