Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:18 AM   #916
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
Oh I think they can widdle away at it with funds that they have the right to do with however the military sees fit. It may take a number of years but then the wall itself will take a number of years to build anyway. Agencies throughout the government are able to circumvent restrictions all the time. And I personally like the idea of taxing all money wires to Mexico more myself. Why that isn't being done already is amazing in itself
I mean... maybe...

OR..

The President could have just taken some of the off-ramps along the way and gotten what he wanted. Back in January we were arguing over $25 Billion for a wall. We're down to $5 Billion... and he's not going to get even that.

He's Terribad.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2018, 11:39 AM   #917
Ocala Mike

Welcome back, ET!
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #918
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
And I personally like the idea of taxing all money wires to Mexico more myself. Why that isn't being done already is amazing in itself

You like the idea of the government being able to tell you what you can or can't do with your money? Money that was already taxed when it was earned?
Old 12-13-2018, 01:59 PM   #919
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
We're down to $5 Billion... and he's not going to get even that.
Good. Trump's wall is a simple-minded "fix" that doesn't address the problem. But it looks like we are doing something. It's eye candy.

The majority of illegals in this country enter legally and don't leave. I have never found any studies on the matter, but I would guess that those illegals are much more likely to take "American" jobs than the ones that walk across the southern border.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:30 PM   #920
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
You like the idea of the government being able to tell you what you can or can't do with your money? Money that was already taxed when it was earned?
Not much is actually taxed when a single guy claims 9.5 exemptions when they work at a job that does not pay cash or independent contractor.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2018, 02:41 PM   #921
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Not much is actually taxed when a single guy claims 9.5 exemptions when they work at a job that does not pay cash or independent contractor.

So the answer is to punish law-abiding people who actually pay taxes, including those here legally who send money to relatives in Mexico?
Old 12-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #922
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I mean... maybe...

OR..

The President could have just taken some of the off-ramps along the way and gotten what he wanted. Back in January we were arguing over $25 Billion for a wall. We're down to $5 Billion... and he's not going to get even that.

He's Terribad.
The prodigal son has returned! Welcome back.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:10 PM   #923
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
The prodigal son has returned! Welcome back.
Thanks!

Glad to see you survived the invasion as well! Pays to be packing amirite?
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2018, 03:12 PM   #924
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
We are taxed for so many things already. Taxed on transactions all the time. This will be nothing new. And if it's to pay for a wall I'm 100% behind a tax like that. Even if I'm taxed if I send money to Mexico. It will be far cheaper in the long run than continue to pay welfare for illegals. And this tax will end when the wall is fully funded.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2018, 03:26 PM   #925
fast4522

I would be fine with a 5 cent tax on all text messages sent, nothing for recieved and that expressly goes to border security that can pay for a wall, its maintance and what is left over a fund for all LEO's killed in the line of service.
This could do several things like take the wall and maintenance of it away from the Congress for all Presidents of either party. Plus benefit something else if the LEO's thing does not float the Congress's boat. Putting a screw to CA would just make me LOL.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #926
woodtoo

fundthewall.com and by donating you can claim on your taxes.
win win
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2018, 04:04 PM   #927
jimmyb

12.9 percent of all state and local prisoners in California were illegal immigrants as of 2009. That number is significantly higher than illegal immigrants as percentage of the population.

take these numbers from 2008-2009:

Arizona: About 240 illegal aliens were imprisoned for homicide-related offenses.

California: Using GAO’s 2008 estimate, there were approximately 2,430 illegal aliens imprisoned in California for homicide and related offenses. (first degree murder, second degree murder, manslaughter, and vehicular manslaughter)

Florida: Approximately 480 inmates in for homicide related crimes were illegal aliens.

Texas: Approximately 900 homicide related inmates were illegal aliens.

And these are just 4 states with only the homicide related inmates.

The left and media tend to give the impression that illegals are disproportionately valedictorians and Medal of Honor recipients. Amnesty proponents often extend these characterizations to illegal immigrants generally, claiming that they’re the “real Americans,” better, harder-working, and more law-abiding (with the exception of that pesky “illegal presence” thing) than native-born Americans.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...l-immigration/
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #928
Clocker

Gotta love it!

Supposed Republican Trump has got supposed righties on this forum advocating new taxes.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:12 PM   #929
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
12.9 percent of all state and local prisoners in California were illegal immigrants as of 2009. That number is significantly higher than illegal immigrants as percentage of the population.

not really, the percentage of illegal immigrats is much higher than reported
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2018, 04:24 PM   #930
chadk66

A year or so ago I looked up the percentage of illegals incarcerated in federal prisons and it was 30%
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: