Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:09 AM   #781
speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
So instead of:

Code:
 85	 75	 65	50
something like this:

Code:
+35	+25	+15	50
When looking at the pp's with the pace figures it would be a benefit to see how the race itself unfolded. Anyway to add the race shape at the pace calls. Have always found it meaningful to know when the pace did not fall apart yet a horse was able to make up ground as opposed to a horse making up ground when the pace does falls apart. Keeping the pace figures just adding the race pace calls.
speed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2014, 11:24 AM   #782
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed
When looking at the pp's with the pace figures it would be a benefit to see how the race itself unfolded. Anyway to add the race shape at the pace calls. Have always found it meaningful to know when the pace did not fall apart yet a horse was able to make up ground as opposed to a horse making up ground when the pace does falls apart. Keeping the pace figures just adding the race pace calls.
As of now, you have the option to see either, but not at the same time. It has been mentioned before, but I'm not sure where it stands.

I personally leave the race ratings up as I find that more important. Horse pace figures are factored into the pace projector and overall early speed rating. That is what I use for the horses, not pace figures from each race.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2014, 02:51 PM   #783
GMB@BP

Pace figures, what are fractions anyways ( :
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #784
speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
As of now, you have the option to see either, but not at the same time. It has been mentioned before, but I'm not sure where it stands.

I personally leave the race ratings up as I find that more important. Horse pace figures are factored into the pace projector and overall early speed rating. That is what I use for the horses, not pace figures from each race.
Shame the user isn't able to customize the pp's as they see fit, choosing what info. they desire to use. I'm not a programmer but since it's not that way, it must be an awful large amount of work to do.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #785
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed
Shame the user isn't able to customize the pp's as they see fit, choosing what info. they desire to use. I'm not a programmer but since it's not that way, it must be an awful large amount of work to do.
We will continue to make it better, but it does take time. We are always receptive to good ideas.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #786
speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
We will continue to make it better, but it does take time. We are always receptive to good ideas.
I do think that when looking at or printing the pp's you should be able to see the pace figs as well as the race shapes. Gives a better and fuller picture of the race. IMO Continue the great work
Old 03-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #787
gfnut

Would be hard to make a chart to compare the horses on the diff. ratings. Something like this. That way you can look at the horses side by side, or give the player an option to make his own chart. Just a thought.

Horse LS BL3 BE BS BD

1 90 92 99 90 99
2 88 93 95 93 93
3 77 90 95 90 95

LS-Last Race
BL3-Best Last 3
BE-Best Ever
BS-Best Surface
BD- Best Distance
gfnut is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2014, 11:56 AM   #788
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Will be on TVG in the next 10 minutes to discuss the weekend's biggest races and the figures I assigned.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #789
MarcAtTimeformUS

Sorry all, full card, single scroll, printable offline PPs not available til next week. A couple cool new features shortly, but that behemoth will take a few more days before it's ready.
MarcAtTimeformUS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #790
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Added today, now when going to a track you will be sent to the upcoming race first, not the first race, unless of course the first race is upcoming.

http://timeformusblog.com/2014/03/14...t-got-smarter/

Also, a very nice addition to the charts feature for monthly subscribers.

http://timeformusblog.com/2014/03/14...result-charts/
Old 03-14-2014, 10:14 PM   #791
lsosa54

Folks: Do we have a time frame for the condensed version?
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2014, 07:26 PM   #792
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsosa54
Folks: Do we have a time frame for the condensed version?
It is being worked on, all I know at this time.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:26 PM   #793
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

From Marc on Twitter:

TimeformUS ‏@TimeformUS 3m Nice job from our analysts today; when time permits take a look back at TimeformUS PPs being put to great use: http://timeformusblog.com/category/race-previews/
Old 03-15-2014, 11:28 PM   #794
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
From Marc on Twitter:

TimeformUS ‏@TimeformUS 3m Nice job from our analysts today; when time permits take a look back at TimeformUS PPs being put to great use: http://timeformusblog.com/category/race-previews/
Owe the Oaklawn analyst my thanks as he convicnced me to add Golden Lad to the stakes P3 I played, without whom my pick of Hopertunity would have been wasted
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2014, 04:07 AM   #795
PressThePace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
From Marc on Twitter:

Very impressive!!!
PressThePace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
quick, timeform adjustment

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: