Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-14-2015, 03:30 PM   #121
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
When did he ask for those things and who said no?

Why would he ask for authorization to fight in Syria when his mantra for the last couple of years was his promise of no boots on the ground there?

Why didn't those anonymous "tea baggers" stop him two weeks ago when he broke his promise and sent special forces troops to Syria?
second link has request and vote. House voted NO

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/11/politi...ouse-congress/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Author...emical_Weapons
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 03:33 PM   #122
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

"House Republican leaders were quick to dismiss the White House draft authorization as too limited, insisting that the President should have fewer limitations."

Teabaggers sure did stop the president, what a foolish argument.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #123
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
And Obama needs them here for another reason, too. He's hoping and praying they''ll start an insurrection here so that he can declare martial law and confiscate all the guns of U.S. citizens who are protecting themselves from these thugs (ooops...'scuse me...freedom fighters). The seizing of all privately owned guns will be for the public good, of course.

Maybe we should all take up archery as a second line of defense.

Wow!

Beam me up Scotty. We gotta go to Arizona to see where those dang UFOs came down! Clearly, we have parallel reality descendants walking among us.

Boxie, you put Tommy to shame with that lunacy. This Comedy Club stuff is fodder for SNL & Kimmel on a continuous loop.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 03:36 PM   #124
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
*As I posted earlier, Obama does not understand the nature of true evil. It's that simple. I'm sure you disagree.
I don't think there's much that's simple about this. The world seems to grow smaller and yet more complicated every day. Some people think the POTUS is somehow now expected to keep the whole world safe, all the time.

It's absurd and unrealistic. And I don't care who the prez happens to be.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 03:37 PM   #125
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Nonsense. He's a naïve multiculturalist who doesn't understand the nature of true evil.

maybe he is. History will decide.

But he did ask for war powers in Syria as early as 2013. Congress said NO.,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Author...emical_Weapons
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 03:44 PM   #126
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
I don't think there's much that's simple about this. The world seems to grow smaller and yet more complicated every day. Some people think the POTUS is somehow now expected to keep the whole world safe, all the time.

It's absurd and unrealistic. And I don't care who the prez happens to be.

I agree with the highlighted part, but it's very obvious that Obama is/was naïve. He genuinely believed he could reset our relationship with Russia and curb terrorist activity with his global charm offensive (e.g., his major speech in Egypt). I thought GWB was a horrible foreign policy president, but there's no question in my mind he understood the truly evil nature of Islamic terrorist networks.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:01 PM   #127
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Yeah...just imagine what a different outcome all this his would be if half of the French citizenry was packin' heat -- so that they would be able to stand their ground against the whackos. So much for police protection...
What a great idea!! More fools with guns!! A guy with a handgun would have a great chance against a guy with hand grenades and an AK 47. Do you think before you post??
Old 11-14-2015, 04:06 PM   #128
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebcorde

But he did ask for war powers in Syria as early as 2013. Congress said NO.,
I don't see anything in that link indicating that Congress ever voted on the bill. That was Harry Reid's bill, back when he was Majority Leader. How could Congress say no if Reid never brought it to a vote?

And if Congress said no to fighting in Syria, why are we taking part in joint air operations over there, and how could Obama just send special forces over there?
Old 11-14-2015, 04:08 PM   #129
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
I don't see anything in that link indicating that Congress ever voted on the bill. That was Harry Reid's bill, back when he was Majority Leader. How could Congress say no if Reid never brought it to a vote?

And if Congress said no to fighting in Syria, why are we taking part in joint air operations over there, and how could Obama just send special forces over there?
House Reps wanted a more robust policy toward Syria. The demagoguery here, or outright ignorance, is laughable.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:09 PM   #130
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

And a borderless EU was always a bad idea. Sadly, it took this tragedy to prove it.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:12 PM   #131
Greyfox

Obama 2013 "The global war on terror is over."

Quote:
[/B]

I agree with the highlighted part, but it's very obvious that Obama is/was naïve. He genuinely believed he could reset our relationship with Russia and curb terrorist activity with his global charm offensive (e.g., his major speech in Egypt). I thought GWB was a horrible foreign policy president, but there's no question in my mind he understood the truly evil nature of Islamic terrorist networks.
You got that right.

In 2013 Obama declared "The global war on terror is over."
See --> http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/...terror-is-over

When Obama came to power all Federal Departments were told to quit using the terms Islamic and Terrorist together.

Obama in undertaking the fight against ISIS refuses to believe that they are Muslims.
When it became clear to Putin, that Obama was not sincere in his fight against ISIS, he had Russia enter the scene.

Obama clearly is over his head when it comes to dealing with the realities of Islamic Terrorism.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #132
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Hard to contain the JV's.
JV has a whole new meaning... Jackals and Vermin. And we need to treat them as such!
Old 11-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #133
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Well said, Mr. Fantastic

Great post from Casablanca...thank you.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 04:53 PM   #134
pandy

It's unfortunate but we need to change our immigration laws and seal our borders, before it's too late. Vive La France.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2015, 04:54 PM   #135
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
It's unfortunate but we need to change our immigration laws and seal our borders, before it's too late. Vive La France.
No, just enforce our existing laws.