Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-24-2015, 04:57 AM   #1
plainolebill

Turkey 'downs Russian warplane' near Syria border

What's next? Turkey is a NATO member.

The Guardian
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2015, 10:28 AM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Could get dicey, but I am sure Obama will not honor his NATO commitments no mater what. A large bus was seen heading in the direction of Turkey early this morning.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:26 AM   #3
ebcorde
Veteran

The video of those Haji's

shooting at Parachutes will put an end to flying over that area.

Only Snake Plisken can survive there
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2015, 11:40 AM   #4
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill
What's next? Turkey is a NATO member.

The Guardian
Nothing because Turkey is a NATO member.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Could get dicey, but I am sure Obama will not honor his NATO commitments no mater what. A large bus was seen heading in the direction of Turkey early this morning.
Honor the commitment? Turkey's conduct was outrageous. If the relationship were managed properly, Russia could be a much better ally in the war against Islamic terrorists than Turkey. Assuming the reporting is correct, Russia has every right to retaliate.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2015, 11:57 AM   #6
magwell

Suddenly Turkey wants to police its border. Turkey only got into this mess with ISIS as a cover to beat up on the Kurds. iSIS uses the long Turkish border like a revolving door to bring in money and foreign fighters. Other than winning a Nobel peace prize for doing nothing in particular, Obama has zero respect internationally. Putin walked easily into the power vacuum and is fighting ISIS on his own terms, ruthlessly and effectively. For instance, Russia targeted oil tank trucks, that provide about half of ISIS' revenues, from day one. Obama messed around for a year until our air force did this, allowing ISIS to mass a fortune in the meantime. Obama never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity..........
Old 11-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #7
ebcorde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
Suddenly Turkey wants to police its border. Turkey only got into this mess with ISIS as a cover to beat up on the Kurds. iSIS uses the long Turkish border like a revolving door to bring in money and foreign fighters. Other than winning a Nobel peace prize for doing nothing in particular, Obama has zero respect internationally. Putin walked easily into the power vacuum and is fighting ISIS on his own terms, ruthlessly and effectively. For instance, Russia targeted oil tank trucks, that provide about half of ISIS' revenues, from day one. Obama messed around for a year until our air force did this, allowing ISIS to mass a fortune in the meantime. Obama never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity..........

I saw the Plane's route over turkey, had they dumped Ordinance on the Turks then what?

"oh, we're so sorry we killed a family".
ebcorde is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2015, 12:45 PM   #8
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Honor the commitment? Turkey's conduct was outrageous. If the relationship were managed properly, Russia could be a much better ally in the war against Islamic terrorists than Turkey. Assuming the reporting is correct, Russia has every right to retaliate.
Who knows...

Repeated airspace violations are certainly grounds for downing a plane... but... I wouldn't have wanted to make that call.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:06 PM   #9
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
Who knows...

Repeated airspace violations are certainly grounds for downing a plane... but... I wouldn't have wanted to make that call.
"In Brussels, Nato officials say Russian jet entered Turkish airspace before it was shot down. Earlier the US said the Russian incursion into Turkish air space lasted just seconds.[B] Nato ambassadors apparently believe Turkey could have shown more restraint."

Sorry, you sound like Bill Kristol on this one. Was it also alright to shoot the Russian pilots as they parachuted to the ground (granted the source of fire is disputed)? Again, Russia could be a much better ally than Turkey against Islamic terrorists. Putin should shutoff nat gas to Turkey in retaliation.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...r-live-updates
Old 11-24-2015, 01:23 PM   #10
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
"In Brussels, Nato officials say Russian jet entered Turkish airspace before it was shot down. Earlier the US said the Russian incursion into Turkish air space lasted just seconds.[B] Nato ambassadors apparently believe Turkey could have shown more restraint."

Sorry, you sound like Bill Kristol on this one. Was it also alright to shoot the Russian pilots as they parachuted to the ground (granted the source of fire is disputed)? Again, Russia could be a much better ally than Turkey against Islamic terrorists. Putin should shutoff nat gas to Turkey in retaliation.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/liv...r-live-updates
I'm not disagreeing with any of what you said just the word outrageous. I wouldn't have dropped it.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #11
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
Good call. I doubt Turkey acted without prior NATO consultation. Putin got a spanking.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:39 PM   #12
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Good call. I doubt Turkey acted without prior NATO consultation. Putin got a spanking.
Yeah, I doubt it
Old 11-24-2015, 03:45 PM   #13
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Turkey is a two faced member of NATO.
There is lots of evidence that they've assisted ISIS receive supplies.
Awhile back they wouldn't let the U.S. land military craft on their bases.
They play the west like a fiddle, getting whatever benefits they can without giving up much.
Screw Turkey.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2015, 03:59 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Turkey may be two-faced, but Russia one faced.

I see no difference between Russia and Nazi Germany, None.
Russia has nothing to be proud about in history.
They rivaled Hitler for being the worse mass murderers ever.

Shoot down ALL the Russians and I will be happy.
We should have listened to Patton in 1945. He had it spot on.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:32 PM   #15
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Turkey may be two-faced, but Russia one faced.

I see no difference between Russia and Nazi Germany, None.
Russia has nothing to be proud about in history.
They rivaled Hitler for being the worse mass murderers ever.

Shoot down ALL the Russians and I will be happy.
We should have listened to Patton in 1945. He had it spot on.
First, it isn't 1945. Second, if you can't see a difference between Putin and Hitler, you aren't looking very closely, or at all actually. Third, I'm shocked that you can't see a natural alignment between the US and Russia when it comes to fighting Islamic terrorists. You really trust Turkey more than Russia when it comes to fighting Islamic terrorists? It's one or the other in this case. The choice is easy...not so shockingly, Obama is making the wrong choice.