Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-27-2023, 10:34 PM   #16
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
That's you. There are plenty of people who don't care if they have a car that runs on gas or electricity as long as they can afford it and it gets them to where they want to go. What if the price of gas goes up to where people can't afford to drive anymore. Eventually it will be cheaper to drive an EV
Not just me, pretty much 100% of the people that lives within a 2 hour drive from my house. Even if I still lived in Dallas County, I wouldn't have one and a vast majority in that area, same.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2023, 11:02 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
That's you. There are plenty of people who don't care if they have a car that runs on gas or electricity as long as they can afford it and it gets them to where they want to go. What if the price of gas goes up to where people can't afford to drive anymore. Eventually it will be cheaper to drive an EV
As long as gas prices aren't artificially inflated to the moon to FORCE people to stop using gasoline cars, this won't be anything to worry about...ever...because by the time gasoline is unaffordable because of a lack of supply, electric cars should finally be all that they're cracked up to be and more.

But keep forcing the issue and see what happens to electric cars.
Old 09-28-2023, 09:49 AM   #18
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
As long as gas prices aren't artificially inflated to the moon to FORCE people to stop using gasoline cars, this won't be anything to worry about...ever...because by the time gasoline is unaffordable because of a lack of supply, electric cars should finally be all that they're cracked up to be and more.

But keep forcing the issue and see what happens to electric cars.
I'm not forcing the issue. I couldn't care less. All I was saying was that people aren't against EV's just because. Its because if the costs. El Kabong said that wasn't true, at least where he lives
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2023, 09:53 AM   #19
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Not just me, pretty much 100% of the people that lives within a 2 hour drive from my house. Even if I still lived in Dallas County, I wouldn't have one and a vast majority in that area, same.
You know everyone who lives 2 hours away from you? Wow, you must know a lot of people and their preferences. All I'm saying everything being equal cost wise, I think EV's would be more popular than gas powered cars
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2023, 12:01 PM   #20
jimmyb

The grid in Massachusetts can't handle summers. How are they going to handle the expected flood of EV?
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2023, 12:08 PM   #21
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
The grid in Massachusetts can't handle summers. How are they going to handle the expected flood of EV?
Same for much of the USA
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 09-28-2023 at 12:17 PM.
Old 09-28-2023, 12:16 PM   #22
ElKabong

Quote:
You know everyone who lives 2 hours away from you? Wow, you must know a lot of people and their preferences. All I'm saying everything being equal cost wise, I think EV's would be more popular than gas powered cars
I know the lifestyles, yes. If someone in nacogdoches wants to drive to a home depot they have to drive to Lufkin. 25 miles. Same for a trip to HEB. Many people in lufkin work at SFA University. 27 miles. When I play a different golf course than my home course (which is 17 miles away) I drive about an hour.

I pick up my grand daughter from school every day. 14 miles to a non public school. That's common here

So yes, I do know the lifestyles here. Fairly different from living in dallas, which btw you have to drive long distances as well, only in heavy traffic
Old 09-28-2023, 12:20 PM   #23
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Mayor Pete was proposing spending $127 billion dollars, I cannot find a link. I read about it a few months ago. I did not look too hard as I can't stand to look at that POS joke of an educated idiot. He has such a slap able face.
I was skimming a interview with Anderson Cooper about infrastructure and of course as he frequently does he has to bring up being gay. He seems to try to work that in to every discussion.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2023, 12:36 PM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman View Post
Numeracy is sorely lacking among the pie-in-the-sky progressive dreamers, like Transportation Secretary Buttplug

How the hell his useless ass is a Rhode Scholar is baffling, most of his studies are in area that have no use unless you wanted to teach them or go on Jeopardy. No one can top secretary of the interior Deb Haaland for sounding like a complete incompetent moron. Pete sounds intelligent, but then you realize there was not substance to what he said.
Old 09-28-2023, 12:37 PM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You guys need to stop posting homophobic stuff...thanks (i had originally deleted the buttplug thing)
Old 09-28-2023, 01:01 PM   #26
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Mayor Pete was proposing spending $127 billion dollars, I cannot find a link. I read about it a few months ago. I did not look too hard as I can't stand to look at that POS joke of an educated idiot. He has such a slap able face.
I was skimming a interview with Anderson Cooper about infrastructure and of course as he frequently does he has to bring up being gay. He seems to try to work that in to every discussion.
My city has over 200,000 residents and 12 individual charging pumps. Not one charging station has been built since Biden took office.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2023, 01:29 PM   #27
Inner Dirt

Quote:
My city has over 200,000 residents and 12 individual charging pumps. Not one charging station has been built since Biden took office.

That $127 billion was proposed when I read it. I don't think there was any EV money in the infrastructure bill that was passed.
Old 09-28-2023, 04:53 PM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Mayor Pete has the solution....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg take number.jpg (9.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-28-2023, 05:08 PM   #29
Dick Whitman
Veteran

Quote:
The program is just underway this year. Apparently there's more to it than just throwing darts at a map and shipping out charging stations.

https://highways.dot.gov/newsroom/bi...ogram-build-ev
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-28-2023, 05:24 PM   #30
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
The program is just underway this year. Apparently there's more to it than just throwing darts at a map and shipping out charging stations.

https://highways.dot.gov/newsroom/bi...ogram-build-ev
Exactly, moving too fsast, no iinfrastructure in place, typical Biden program, no thought, no plan, all fluff, no stuff.