Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-25-2016, 07:15 PM   #1
chenoa

Kent D. Sunday Race #2 Peppermint Kitty Los Al

The show jumpers never learn with this guy.

What a feeble ATTEMPTED ride from start to finish.

As per usual, the stewards see nothing wrong with that and the racing goes on.

Only wish I was on line at the time to bet against him.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:03 PM   #2
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I wasn't thinking this is bad till the last 10 strides, ESPECIALLY the last 3.

Can you image putting all your $ to show on that?
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2016, 09:41 PM   #3
rsetup
Veteran

I suppose the popular opinion is: since the horse was the huge favorite, Kent is obligated to beat the shit out if her to last for show. Rode her well in my opinion; the headon view is more telling than the pan. She probably lost it more by breaking in at the start than because she wasn't sticked more late. She just didn't have enough when it counted.

Last edited by rsetup; 09-25-2016 at 09:42 PM.
rsetup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2016, 09:47 PM   #4
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetup
I suppose the popular opinion is: since the horse was the huge favorite, Kent is obligated to beat the shit out if her to last for show. Rode her well in my opinion; the headon view is more telling than the pan. She probably lost it more by breaking in at the start than because she wasn't sticked more late. She just didn't have enough when it counted.
Not going to disagree but you have to ride till the wire. He just eased in the last 3 strides.

She was tired and went back to the wrong lead 70 yards out, I get that but he is just notorious for blowing minor spots with lack of effort late.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2016, 10:05 PM   #5
chenoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Not going to disagree but you have to ride till the wire. He just eased in the last 3 strides.

She was tired and went back to the wrong lead 70 yards out, I get that but he is just notorious for blowing minor spots with lack of effort late.
Can't agree with you more. The not riding out till the wire is the major problem. Seems to happen far far too often on the SoCal circuit.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:12 PM   #6
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsetup
Kent takes care of his horses when they are tiring badly and may be in distress. Not a bad thing.
Ron Turcotte tells about a time when a horse he was riding begin to tire. He got into him pretty good with the whip and it picked it up briefly. A few strides later the poor horse dropped dead of a heart attack.
Compassion should trump greed.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-25-2016, 10:33 PM   #7
chenoa

Pretty much sums it up!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160925_202917_resized.jpg (27.0 KB, 119 views)
Old 09-26-2016, 03:18 AM   #8
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo
Kent takes care of his horses when they are tiring badly and may be in distress. Not a bad thing.
Ron Turcotte tells about a time when a horse he was riding begin to tire. He got into him pretty good with the whip and it picked it up briefly. A few strides later the poor horse dropped dead of a heart attack.
Compassion should trump greed.
Riding hard all the way through the wire did not cause that horse to die of a heart attack.