Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-26-2018, 11:02 PM   #16
jimmyb

Wasn't that long ago they were the number one corporation in the U.S... Pontiac, Oldsmobile and Saturn now gone. The dominoes keep falling.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2018, 11:04 PM   #17
fast4522

We are going to ring in 2019 soon, the world has changed big right?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2018, 11:11 PM   #18
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
We are going to ring in 2019 soon, the world has changed big right?
The world has, the vast majority of people are still living in days gone by.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:20 PM   #19
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
The world has, the vast majority of people are still living in days gone by.
Good enough reason then to force China into fair trade.
Old 11-26-2018, 11:31 PM   #20
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
They got a big government bailout, then got tax breaks, now they turn around and screw the country. I said back in 2006 we should have let them go under.
Hope the UAW really stick it to them on this one.
If not for the UAW there probably would not have been any bailout. They stuck it to us already!

https://www.heritage.org/testimony/a...n-compensation
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2018, 11:39 PM   #21
Clocker

Quote:
Good enough reason then to force China into fair trade.
Definition of fair:

Quote:
fair: marked by impartiality and honesty: free from self-interest, prejudice, or favoritism
How does "fair" encompass the concept of "force"?

Perhaps we have a language problem right here in English before we even start talking to the Chinese?
Old 11-26-2018, 11:46 PM   #22
fast4522

Not really, anything that curbs the bullshit from them will be a net gain. But then again you love them. Did you know I hate commies?

Last edited by fast4522; 11-26-2018 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:14 AM   #23
Clocker

Quote:
Not really, anything that curbs the bullshit from them will be a net gain. But then again you love them. Did you know I hate commies?
Total nonsense. China is subsidizing American citizens with low prices for consumer goods, at the cost of Chinese workers. Trump and fan boys say that is not fair, we need to raise prices so that American companies can compete in selling low end pots and pans and such at higher prices, all at the expense of the American consumer.

Trump and fan boys forget that to compete with the Chinese, even at higher prices resulting from tariffs, American firms will be manufacturing with automated processes, not with American labor. Bottom line, Trump can't create new manufacturing jobs.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:23 AM   #24
fast4522

Quote:
Total nonsense. China is subsidizing American citizens with low prices for consumer goods, at the cost of Chinese workers. Trump and fan boys say that is not fair, we need to raise prices so that American companies can compete in selling low end pots and pans and such at higher prices, all at the expense of the American consumer.

Trump and fan boys forget that to compete with the Chinese, even at higher prices resulting from tariffs, American firms will be manufacturing with automated processes, not with American labor. Bottom line, Trump can't create new manufacturing jobs.
It is already going on, automated processes and manufacturing are up in these United States at the expense of other countrys. If automation is the change it should be here. Much of what restless posts I am down with because he is right. Where I am wrong here is it should have been in the Trump signs tariffs thread, so sorry to screw the GM thread up.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:51 AM   #25
Clocker

Quote:
It is already going on, automated processes and manufacturing are up in these United States at the expense of other countrys.

And at the expense of American manufacturing jobs. But Trump and his fan boys can't accept that, and are fighting it without understanding, or ignoring, reality.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:21 AM   #26
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
And at the expense of American manufacturing jobs. But Trump and his fan boys can't accept that, and are fighting it without understanding, or ignoring, reality.
Reality? What do you know about reality...?

If US companies are charged a 20-25 per cent tariff to import their products to China or the EU, and we charge a paltry 2-3 per cent of that in kind, how does the consumer benefit again? Cheaper prices? Ha. Sell that to the millions that lost their jobs over the past decades.

What about a hundreds of billion dollars of trade deficits, how that's good again for consumers? These annual trade deficits have resulted in a very low savings rate, hourly wages flattening, out of control budget deficits, all thanks to these deficits. And all that is good too, according to you. In China, theft of intellectual property; 'forcing' US companies to make Chinese counterparts co-owners and partners just for the right to sell in China. All good to you.

Raising tariffs here to equalize the playing field is the best way to counter this trade criminality. And you can thank your pals in the GOP establishment for the 40+ plus years of trade deficits and inbalances. "Free' traders they love to call themselves ... free to whom, for whom? Wall Street? They've sold out the American citizen and the blue collar worker all for what? Future jobs as a lobbyist, a trade representative for Associations that are not for the USA and the like. You can have them.

Trump is the only President in decades to ever put this country first and put the American worker first.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2018, 05:52 AM   #27
lamboguy

i guess you can't blame GM and the workers who are union members. it cost GM less than $5000 to build their crappy cars that winds up setting back the ultimate buyer $35,000.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2018, 06:38 AM   #28
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
They got a big government bailout, then got tax breaks, now they turn around and screw the country. I said back in 2006 we should have let them go under.
Hope the UAW really stick it to them on this one.
I totally agree. We should never have bailed them out.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2018, 07:50 AM   #29
FantasticDan
gelding

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #30
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Let the excuses begin!!

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply