Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-16-2013, 03:03 AM   #46
thaskalos

My favorite is ouzo...but I wil occasionally drink black sambuca, for variety's sake.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:43 AM   #47
newtothegame

What????

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...vVhfDtt7v_iiYw

ok, maybe re- living my high school days lol

But seriously, only Dr. Pepper these days!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #48
sammy the sage

Now that I've had coffe and put on my glass's...it was Don Julio....still...1800 or patron much smoother...
Old 04-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #49
_______
Veteran

Any hop forward west coast IPA does it for me. Stone Ruination is my favorite but Firestone Union Jack, Lagunitas, or Green Flash will do in a pinch.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #50
Ocala Mike

White Russians - Jeffery ("Dude") Lebowski
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #51
sammy the sage

7/24/13...Nat.'l tequila day if ya didn't know...cellabrated (sp. just for a rise outta P.A....resident T.A. of correct spelling...and sock distributer ) w/a shot or two of Patron gold...feel pretty good now...despite the fact our county just raised property taxes across the board by 30%
Old 07-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #52
bks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike at A+
Blanton's. No contest.
Blanton's is very, very good. But it's a little low on the alcohol content.

Give Pappy Van Winkle's a try if you can find it. It's the best. More affordably, Willett Pot Still reserve is awfully good. And there's nothing wrong with good ol' Knob Creek either.
bks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #53
Bettowin

I haven't seen Woodford Reserve mentioned. Very good and potent. Not to mention the distillery is very close to Lexington and is a great side trip when you are at Keeneland or Churchill
Bettowin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #54
Mike at A+
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bks
Blanton's is very, very good. But it's a little low on the alcohol content.

Give Pappy Van Winkle's a try if you can find it. It's the best. More affordably, Willett Pot Still reserve is awfully good. And there's nothing wrong with good ol' Knob Creek either.
Big coincidence here. I was in the Finger Lakes region last week and after we visited the wineries we went to a big discount liquor store in Victor, NY. You can usually get local wines cheaper in the stores than at the wineries. While there I saw something called "Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve", a 9 year old 120 proof bourbon. We live in PA and the "State Stores" don't always have the best selection of top end stuff so I had to bring a bottle back with me. Excellent stuff and about $10 less than Blanton's. Very smooth sipping whiskey.
Mike at A+ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #55
Grits

Crown .. Reserve.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #56
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

All these drinks......yuck!!!!!!

Maybe just maybe some southern comfort on the rocks....I once had about 12 of them on a Sunday at the bar watching football I had no clue what I was even watching!!

Not sure the last time I drink was but I'm reduced to straight beer now of I drink...I literally can't take shots or mixed drinks anymore maybe a vodka cran...

I just don't trust myself drinking....I make stupid choices in who I text and I wanna shoot myself the next day

And the whole getting arrested for a dwi is what scares me the most....when I'm sober I Always say I'll never do it but when im drunk I'm not scared of a dwi....so out of respect for other people and there families I just don't drink anymore.....unless a friend is driving
wiffleball whizz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #57
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I used to drink SC in college...my dorm room featured empty bottles all over the place...under my bed...a couple of packs of Marlboro Reds on the desk...cigarette burns in the carpet (they actually let you smoke in your room way back then)...piles of empty bottles behind the door to our room...

Yeah, I stayed classy back then...LMFAO....

No wonder I didn't get into Yale business school...

Now my drink of choice is scotch...just started drinking it the last year or so...not a connoisseur by any means...and I drink it on the rocks, which shows you what a newbie I am...

I don't think I could stand SC if I had one today....lol
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 06:54 PM   #58
fast4522

The key to moderation is also what agrees with you, just drinking is boring.
When I have a good cut of steak, there is nothing that complements the steak like cold beer.
Not eating steak every week I do not drink much beer but often have 2 or 3 different kinds in the fridge. The wife likes a cosmopolitan on occasion (once a month), other than that it is JD neat for what ever the pain may reside (neck, back, foot etc.)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #59
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike at A+
Big coincidence here. I was in the Finger Lakes region last week and after we visited the wineries we went to a big discount liquor store in Victor, NY. You can usually get local wines cheaper in the stores than at the wineries. While there I saw something called "Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve", a 9 year old 120 proof bourbon. We live in PA and the "State Stores" don't always have the best selection of top end stuff so I had to bring a bottle back with me. Excellent stuff and about $10 less than Blanton's. Very smooth sipping whiskey.
For > 30 years, I went 3-4 x per year to N.E. Pa. Before I got to 81, I took what was known as Hwy 17 through the mountains ending in Binghamton. Beautiful ride and we invariably stopped here:http://www.gcpliquors.com/ in a little town called Horseheads.

Couldn't even move there was so much booze... at great prices for a Canadian!
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #60
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I used to drink SC in college...my dorm room featured empty bottles all over the place...under my bed...a couple of packs of Marlboro Reds on the desk...cigarette burns in the carpet (they actually let you smoke in your room way back then)...piles of empty bottles behind the door to our room...

Yeah, I stayed classy back then...LMFAO....

No wonder I didn't get into Yale business school...

Now my drink of choice is scotch...just started drinking it the last year or so...not a connoisseur by any means...and I drink it on the rocks, which shows you what a newbie I am...

I don't think I could stand SC if I had one today....lol
Must say impressive...really...Scotch is well...a man's drink.

that said...if ya find a good one one let us know.