Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 10:49 PM   #196
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Me, little ol' me and my pen...? A threat to over 2000 yrs of Christianity and Judaism....I think not....my words cannot possibly alter the faith of the faithful....in fact, it makes them stronger, and affords them the opportunity to reply in their efforts to convert me....
I don't give a crap about your pen or 2000 years of whatever. I'm talking about your words, here, on my website. I've had enough of your bullshit and your antagonizing. We have agnostics and atheists on this board who are nowhere near as offensive as you are.

Learn how to communicate with people or get the hell out of here with your cattle prod that you think looks like a pen.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:50 PM   #197
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
He had no idea that he was speaking to the Jewish Messiah.
The vast majority of Jews would disagree with this statement.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:17 AM   #198
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
Let's consider your "Bncwebecsdugb"...

The materialist W.V. Quine proposed an "indeterminacy of translation"...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indete...of_translation

...whereby, for any collection of physical facts, no matter how large, there is nothing about them that entails one specific meaning rather than another. Your improvised word, or any other word, carries no specific, universal meaning in the ink, the type, the shape of the symbols, etc. Such is true of the physical world at large, according to no less than materialist Daniel Dennett, et.al...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indete..._consciousness

...Yet we do exhibit determinate thought in formal thinking... adding, arguing via valid inferences, focusing on my particular argument here in order to respond, etc.

Therefore, how can formal thinking be wholly a physical process?
I'm not sure I understand your question here....Need to break it down without the complex jargon...

In my thinking , thoughts are fully material...they are chemo-electrical phenomenon within a physical and biological brain...thoughts are not immaterial in nature...
Old 03-07-2017, 12:18 AM   #199
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Fire in the Minds of Men by Billington

https://libcom.org/files/Fire%20in%2...20of%20Men.pdf
Old 03-07-2017, 12:30 AM   #200
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

ok then....PA

ok, will do...
Old 03-07-2017, 09:33 AM   #201
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The vast majority of Jews would disagree with this statement.
That still doesn't change the fact of who Jesus was, who he claimed to be and that he fulfilled numerous OT prophecies that predicted his first advent and predicts his second coming, as well. Truth is not established by a vote of the majority.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:46 AM   #202
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
I'm not sure I understand your question here....Need to break it down without the complex jargon...

In my thinking , thoughts are fully material...they are chemo-electrical phenomenon within a physical and biological brain...thoughts are not immaterial in nature...
Think upon this, then:

‘If the solar system was brought about by an accidental collision, then the appearance of organic life on this planet was also an accident, and the whole evolution of Man was an accident too. If so, then all our present thoughts are mere accidents—the accidental by-product of the movement of atoms. And this holds for the thoughts of the materialists and astronomers as well as for anyone else’s. But if their thoughts—i.e. of materialism and astronomy—are merely accidental by-products, why should we believe them to be true? I see no reason for believing that one accident should be able to give me a correct account of all the other accidents. It’s like expecting that the accidental shape taken by the splash when you upset a milkjug should give you a correct account of how the jug was made and why it was upset.’

C.S. Lewis (1898–1963), The Business of Heaven, Fount Paperbacks, U.K., p. 97, 1984.

In other words, Mr. Vigors, all your posts, all your many links you've posted are absolutely meaningless; for in your worldview, they can explain absolutely nothing!

Truly, don't you have far better things to do with the very short time you have on this earth than waste that precious time with vain, meaningless babble?
Old 03-07-2017, 01:37 PM   #203
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
That still doesn't change the fact of who Jesus was, who he claimed to be and that he fulfilled numerous OT prophecies that predicted his first advent and predicts his second coming, as well. Truth is not established by a vote of the majority.
I would think Jews get to claim who their Messiah is...not you.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:18 PM   #204
thaskalos

Quote:
I would think Jews get to claim who their Messiah is...not you.
Jesus was born Jewish...and he lived among the Jews for the entirety of his life. Consequently...if we are searching for the "Truth about Jesus"...should we go to the Jews...or should we travel thousands of miles away, to consult with people who never met him?

If we wanted to learn about Plato...should we go to the Chinese?
Old 03-07-2017, 02:51 PM   #205
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 03-07-2017, 03:06 PM   #206
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
We Are Jewish People Who Believe In Jesus
and we want to tell everyone about Jesus the Messiah

http://jewsforjesus.org/
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 03-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #207
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Yes, that's why I wrote "vast majority of Jews" instead of all Jews...
Old 03-07-2017, 03:11 PM   #208
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Yes, that's why I wrote "vast majority of Jews" instead of all Jews...
I understood you. I was replying to thask's question about asking Jews. My fault for not being clear about the post I responded to.
George Washington
Old 03-07-2017, 03:14 PM   #209
thaskalos

Quote:
Rabbi Schneider was right. That was very "advanced".
Old 03-07-2017, 03:15 PM   #210
thaskalos

Quote:
I understood you. I was replying to thask's question about asking Jews. My fault for not being clear about the post I responded to.
Believe it or not...there is also a group out there calling itself "Muslims for Jesus". SO?