Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-09-2016, 11:33 AM   #196
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk
Wow. What a night. This proves your vote DOES matter. When this processed started I was terrified of a Clinton-Bush final. I started liking Trump when he talked about the deals our politicians made often screwing us over. Along the way I felt Trump became exposed. I was never voting Hillary and ended up voting a third party. Today I wake up optimistic. I believe people are taking their country back. The Republicans listened to their base and Trump won the primary. The Dems stabbed Bernie in the back and just assumed his voters would fall in line the way Bernie did. Bernie ended up being a big disappointment to me the way he rolled over. On the Dems side this was about Hillary being entitled to the nomination.

I'm glad the people lied to the pollsters. These polls I believe have steered elections in the past. I think Trump voters were shamed by the media and hid their intent. Some Trump voters are indeed the way Hillary defined them. But most are not. I believe Trump can bring this country together. I believe he will call out people on both sides of the aisle working against us. I haven't been optimistic about our government in a long time. Today I am. Congrats to Donald Trump......
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 11:34 AM   #197
vegasone

Having done my own polling traveling around the country for over a year it seemed like everyone I met was for Trump. Lots of comments for Trump without anyone asking, so my hope was for this outcome. Guess he didn't stick his foot in mouth too many times. The polls never asked the right people or the right questions.
Hopefully the elite establishment will be torn apart. We can only guess what the future will bring.
vegasone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 10:23 PM   #198
highnote

One of my favorite political analysts is George Friedman. His hit the nail on the head with his analysis of the election in this must-read essay:

https://geopoliticalfutures.com/pres...-donald-trump/

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Friedman
Clinton’s statement about Trump’s followers struck me at the time, and still does, as amazing. She was then a few points ahead of Trump, which meant that nearly half of the country supported him. By implication, she was saying that half the country is deplorable. Her statement was not only contemptuous, but showed her to be a terrible politician. To win the election, she needed to hold all of her supporters, plus take away some of Trump’s. The deplorable statement drove many off instead.
I have said many times here going back to 2007 that Hillary is not a good politician -- she's book smart, but not people smart. She's out of touch. Obama was a much better politician than Hillary and that's why he won.

Trump is a much better used car salesman (I mean politician) than Hillary and that's why he won.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 11:13 PM   #199
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
reckless just flew by on a unicorn, throwing cookies to the masses.
Going thru the thread for enjoyment, this post earns the post of the night award.
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2016, 01:05 AM   #200
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
One of my favorite political analysts is George Friedman. His hit the nail on the head with his analysis of the election in this must-read essay:

https://geopoliticalfutures.com/pres...-donald-trump/

I have said many times here going back to 2007 that Hillary is not a good politician -- she's book smart, but not people smart. She's out of touch. Obama was a much better politician than Hillary and that's why he won.

Trump is a much better used car salesman (I mean politician) than Hillary and that's why he won.
Can not agree with that, here is why.

Every time a poll call come in on the tele (mostly from SSI) my thought was FO. Folks ringing the doorbell to a no soliciting sign again my thought FO.
My thoughts are most of the door bell ringers will be home smoking marijuana when it comes time to vote. Last week I was working with a number of young people another manager loaned for help getting a project out, I asked how many planned on voting. Three out of thirteen kids in their early twenty's raised hands planning to vote. Don't get me wrong, Hillary got millions of votes, but not even close that could have voted for her.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2018, 01:17 PM   #201
BaffertsWig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
He will not be setting any records for most rounds of golf played.

Wait a second...
BaffertsWig is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2018, 01:49 PM   #202
tucker6

It was fun to read the play-by-play again. A laugh more than a little, and have to give credit to some of the lefties for their middle-of-the-road comments while it all happened. I never had the chance to participate that night or even watch it live as I had to take someone to the ER. When I got home, Trump was already well ahead, so I missed the build up from "Damn it's Hillary for 4 years" to "Boy if he could just win xyz this would be close" to "Is what we're seeing even possible" to "YES".

What I night that was, and I have enjoyed the discomfiture of the left ever since.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply