Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:20 PM   #1486
willphorse

How did they not DQ Bauti Boy today in the Objection with The X in Gulfstream R5. The race was a head bob photo finish. Coming into stretch, Nauti Boy bumps The X hard, pushing him out wide around turn. SHOCKED to see them not allow the objection!
willphorse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2017, 04:41 PM   #1487
GMB@BP

I am not complaining about the Los Al DQ but man that feels like the 5 caused the initial issue and the 3 was best, I just dont see it.

Heck I could have gone with a double DQ since it felt like the 5 and the 3 both caused the 1 to be bumped
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2017, 04:46 PM   #1488
maliksealy210

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I am not complaining about the Los Al DQ but man that feels like the 5 caused the initial issue and the 3 was best, I just dont see it.

Heck I could have gone with a double DQ since it felt like the 5 and the 3 both caused the 1 to be bumped
The 5 and 3 both fouled the 1. How you disqualify the 3 to give the win to the 5 is something I will never in a million years understand. IMHO, there are east coast jurisdictions that wouldn't have even looked at that race.
Old 12-09-2017, 04:50 PM   #1489
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Preposterous DQ.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2017, 05:16 PM   #1490
stringmail

It was painfully obvious it was going to occur because the horse that finished 2nd was named after a man near and dear to Los Al.

The cheer that erupted and the winner's circle photo was ridiculous. I think they had to wait until the 2 stewards that vote for DQ made it down to winner's circle before they could take the photo. There were probably only 15-20 left at the track that weren't in the winner's circle.

I agree that if the 3 comes down, the 5 has to come down as the 5 made the initial contact. I thought it would have been cool to seek both Bafferts DQ'd for squeeing the 1.
stringmail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #1491
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringmail View Post
It was painfully obvious it was going to occur because the horse that finished 2nd was named after a man near and dear to Los Al.

The cheer that erupted and the winner's circle photo was ridiculous. I think they had to wait until the 2 stewards that vote for DQ made it down to winner's circle before they could take the photo. There were probably only 15-20 left at the track that weren't in the winner's circle.

I agree that if the 3 comes down, the 5 has to come down as the 5 made the initial contact. I thought it would have been cool to seek both Bafferts DQ'd for squeeing the 1.
Normally I'd laugh this stuff off, but I think this call was so bad nothing would surprise me. Only in North America could a horse that was at the very least partially responsible for the traffic problems be ELEVATED to first.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:39 PM   #1492
kevb

Absurd DQ decision. Baffling, irrational, and incorrect.
kevb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2017, 07:52 PM   #1493
molson721

Delta Downs race 2 on 12/29

Any thoughts on leaving the 7 as the winner and not placing him second to the 4 horse? Delta Downs is a joke and I will never bet it again. I just wonder if others watching the replay and head on replay agree that the 7 did not cost the 4 first place.
molson721 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #1494
upthecreek

Tam R1 0112

Someone with no dog in the fight take a look at R1 @Tam today and see if the #4 should of came down The pan view doesn't look bad, the headd on , maybe The horse was 8/5 tote , I had him @6-1 on NJX
Thanks
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-17-2018, 03:55 PM   #1495
dilanesp

SA R2 2/15/18

Did anyone else not like the non-starter ruling regarding the ? It didn't look to me like anything other than she reared up at the start on her own accord. She was 2-1 though and the stewards might have been bailing out the bettors.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #1496
dasch

SA 2-18 9th Race

I thought for sure somebody would have posted about this DQ. I have watched the replay many times and have NO IDEA how they could make this call. It was even early in the race when they very seldom take down ANYTHING unless a rider or horse falls.

It didnt cost me anything in that race but makes me very worried moving forward. Incompetence has been screamed many times in the past regarding these California stewards and nothing ever happens.

Last edited by dasch; 02-19-2018 at 12:53 PM.
dasch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #1497
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasch View Post
I thought for sure somebody would have posted about this DQ. I have watched the replay many times and have NO IDEA how they could make this call. It was even early in the race when they very seldom take down ANYTHING unless a rider or horse falls.

It didnt cost me anything in that race but makes me very worried moving forward. Incompetence has been screamed many times in the past regarding these California stewards and nothing ever happens.
cost me some money in a contest, I didnt understand it and TVG was too busy showing pacers in the snow to show us.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2018, 06:46 PM   #1498
dilanesp

Stewart Elliott's horse went to his knees and Elliott almost fell off. Apparently it was the horse's fault.

The thing is, it was DEFINITELY rough and dangerous riding. I could totally see them imposing a fine or suspension on Guttierez. But there's no way in the world you could conclude there was enough evidence that this cost the a placing. He was well beaten by the 4th place horse and had 6 1/2 furlongs to recover and get back into the race after this incident.

Yeah, a bad call, and not consistent with the way the California stewards usually operate (e.g., the non-call on Bayern in the BC Classic).
Old 02-20-2018, 03:37 PM   #1499
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Did anyone else not like the non-starter ruling regarding the ? It didn't look to me like anything other than she reared up at the start on her own accord. She was 2-1 though and the stewards might have been bailing out the bettors.
And now I have proof! In the 4th race yesterday (2/19), a longshot, the Kennedie Sky at 42-1, did the exact same thing, and they didn't rule her a non-starter!

They are using the non-starter rule selectively to protect horses who get significant betting action.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #1500
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
And now I have proof! In the 4th race yesterday (2/19), a longshot, the Kennedie Sky at 42-1, did the exact same thing, and they didn't rule her a non-starter!

They are using the non-starter rule selectively to protect horses who get significant betting action.
Seems it would be the other way around. Scratching a horse after the fact that has significant betting action costs the track a lot more money.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: