Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:42 PM   #391
MutuelClerk

Happy Holidays.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2016, 07:01 PM   #392
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Judging by your obviously deep and very thoughtful signature...this will interest important folks such as yourself:

http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/
nice one

My sig is actually some lyrics from a song called Spirit Is The Journey by Juluka

(lighten up Raiders fans, it's all in good fun...as a Steelers fan I hear trash talk all the time)
Old 12-29-2016, 07:27 PM   #393
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour
nice one

My sig is actually some lyrics from a song called Spirit Is The Journey by Juluka

(lighten up Raiders fans, it's all in good fun...as a Steelers fan I hear trash talk all the time)
LOL...sorry --I'm a good one for typing first---thinking later

we just haven't ...*sniff* ...made the playoffs in soooo long
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2016, 08:09 PM   #394
Benni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown
PEOPLE TALKING ON CELL PHONES SO ALL THE WORLD CAN HEAR THEIR PRIVATE BUSINESS!!
Agree 100%. In the grocery store, a woman standing in the middle of the aisle complaining to someone about her ex-husband and how badly he took care of the kids on their weekend visit with him. Or the lady perusing the frozen food section chatting to someone about her shingles. These were not quiet talkers, they were going on and on in loud voices. Really? Personal issues are so urgent that one must chat about them while grocery shopping?

Went out for breakfast with a friend not long ago. In the booth across from us was a family of four, two parents and two young children. The children were doing their best to keep busy with crayons and the paper place mats but obviously bored and squirming around. Both parents were buried in their respective cell phones. Whatever happened to interacting with each other, not with electronics and ignoring your family members?

The worst is when in meetings and one’s manager takes personal calls or text messages. Makes me want to grab that cell phone and toss it in the nearest trash can.

LOL, obviously the cell phone thing strikes a tender nerve the wrong way.
Benni is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2016, 09:04 PM   #395
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Waited on line to cash out a bit today. Newbie was at machine (we don't have live tellers anymore in Longshots). One at a time his friends walk up and say can you cash mine? and mine and mine? 3 cutters. I was calm and didn't care but how rude.....
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #396
Jess Hawsen Arown

Did you guys see that Murphy Brown where no matter how hard they tried, they could not say something that not offensive to someone.

So true, especially in our politically correct world.

Some day the PC police will understand that TOLERANCE does not equal APPROVAL.

I TOLERATE homosexuality when it is a victimless crime between consulting adults. I also understand that most homosexuals are that way because their wires were crossed at birth and they have no real control. I also understand that their homosexuality does not stop them from doing as good a job as anyone else at their chosen professions. They all have the same right to life, liberty and happiness as everyone else. Your homosexuality will have no affect on any potential friendship or work relation with me.

But keep it out of my face. I find the act repulsive and I don't want to hear about it or see it. Take your Gay Pride parades and shove them where the sun don't shine. (Gays are very good at that.) How f'd up is Corporate America having LGBT memos everywhere you look as if these deviant acts were normal and APPROVED. I'm not going to hold back humor about your deviant sex because it is not politically correct to do so. If it offends you, too f'n bad.

Tolerate? Yes!! Approve? Hell, no!!
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2016, 06:31 PM   #397
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Did you guys see that Murphy Brown where no matter how hard they tried, they could not say something that not offensive to someone.

I TOLERATE homosexuality when it is a victimless crime between consulting adults. I also understand that most homosexuals are that way because their wires were crossed at birth and they have no real control. I also understand that their homosexuality does not stop them from doing as good a job as anyone else at their chosen professions. They all have the same right to life, liberty and happiness as everyone else. Your homosexuality will have no affect on any potential friendship or work relation with me.

But keep it out of my face. I find the act repulsive and I don't want to hear about it or see it. Take your Gay Pride parades and shove them where the sun don't shine. (Gays are very good at that.) How f'd up is Corporate America having LGBT memos everywhere you look as if these deviant acts were normal and APPROVED. I'm not going to hold back humor about your deviant sex because it is not politically correct to do so. If it offends you, too f'n bad.

Also, if you wish to marry each other, do it somewhere other than church. It's disrespectful to scripture and most Christians. If you adopt, keep the good news to your own kind. Most of the world doesn't approve and imo should be against the law. It's unnatural and contradicts normal family function. If you are transgender, you are not special and privileged. If you can't be discrete and use 1 of 2 public restrooms, then go find a tree.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2016, 06:40 PM   #398
thaskalos

Quote:

Who cares if you "approve" or not?
Old 12-30-2016, 07:11 PM   #399
jk3521
Registered Loser

Tailgaters Especially when they stay on your tail, you let them pass you, and then they go slower than you were going before !
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2016, 07:53 PM   #400
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
The trouble with having a pet peeve is, what the Hell do you feed it?
Angst. Lots and lots of angst.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2016, 11:22 PM   #401
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
Tailgaters Especially when they stay on your tail, you let them pass you, and then they go slower than you were going before !
this and in the middle of rush hr the inbreed that blast off in the right lane only to try to rip off the side of your car trying to get back once they realize they aint going any faster and should of never left in the first place
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2016, 11:26 PM   #402
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
this and in the middle of rush hr the inbreed that blast off in the right lane only to try to rip off the side of your car trying to get back once they realize they aint going any faster and should of never left in the first place
They may have grown up in Arizona where the left lane is for people that have to turn the vehicle left at some point between now and the Pacific Ocean and all passing is done in the right-most lane whether two lanes or eight lanes.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2016, 11:32 PM   #403
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
They may have grown up in Arizona where the left lane is for people that have to turn the vehicle left at some point between now and the Pacific Ocean and all passing is done in the right-most lane whether two lanes or eight lanes.
Cross Arizona off my list of places to live

Actually, same shit in NY. Dumb and dumber all day everywhere.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2016, 11:32 PM   #404
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:

I work with a guy we will call ''uncle tom'' it really never crossed my mind he was gay... i thought he was just a quite guy... so one day we were talking and he opened up well it turns out he is gay..after we done talking that day he comes back and was like surprised i didn't even blink on the fact he was gay.. when i told him what he does is his business and i have no problem .. what im getting at is people get turned off by flamboyant lgbt's No one wants it shoved down there throats... its ok!!! most of us understand This particular guy i'm talking about agrees
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2016, 02:49 AM   #405
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
If we are talking about pet peeves and fast food, I have one; most customers don't know how to wait in line. It sounds absurdly stupid, but its shocking how few people can form a single file straight line. Often its hard to tell who's in line, and who isn't. Racetrack bettors are a thousand times better than the general public at this.
absolute biggest pet peeve of mine
People at the Deli, standing in line for a few minutes. The menu is in full sight all the time. Then when it comes their turn to order, they say "oh, let me see the menu" and commence to read the damn menu up and down. Meanwhile the line of people behind are waiting.

Its times like that I wished I lived in NYC or Chicago. That nonsense wouldn't be tolerated by the staff, nor the patrons

Honorable mentions:
Slow Pokes at the ATM

Drivers who drive the speed limit in the left lane on freeways

Holier than thou types at my church (they're the least true to their word)

People that never served in the military, but wave the flag non stop and are eager to volunteer the younger generations off to war

People who park their cars on the street (use your garage or driveway)

White kids that try to talk hard / rap

People that aren't good to their dogs

Teachers unions

Morons at the simo that scream their horses on (in the words of Looney> They can't hear you !!)

Barry Switzer trying to validate his time as head coach for the Cowboys....Yeah you won a super bowl with the team that Jimmy built, but the team eroded because you never had the ethics nor the stones to stand up to spoiled athletes. Brian Bosworth and about 5 dozen others should have tripped the switch to Jerry Jones, but it's history now

Women with store bought boobs... Look, God made you with a pair. A great pair. Real ones feel better and are more fun. Want to be perfect? Be yourself. No (real) man is going to complain about your breasts....in fact, we really dig what you got

ok, back to serious pet peeves
Rainstorms during football games. I have Directv. If I lose service during a TEXAS-0u game someday, I'll go nuts
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply