Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

2013 Breeders Cup Post Mortem.

May my money rest in peace.

(as it usually does).

Which horses "flopped" for no reason other than the "Detention barn" Maybe we can get a list of horses who now look bad on paper, but will come back when the security isnt so strict.

Who were the most impressive horses and who were the most disappointing.

Fire away.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
cutchemist42

Justin Philip in the sprint for disappointment for me. Saw no sign of life from him.
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
shouldacoulda

After intensely handicapping these 2 days I feel like my brain has been through a blender. Did okay in the contest but lost money in reality. Played the 5th race at Mtn first after the BC and the jockey fell off out of the gate. It's a sign to stop playing. Tomorrow's another day.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #4
TheEdge07
Veteran

Beholder most impressive

Smith and Stevens getting better with age

Wise Dan all racehorse

Game On Dude finally faced some real runners

Euros dominated turf

Enjoy retirment Royal Delta,Mizdirection,Verrazano
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
Irish Boy
Smartass

Great BC Classic, and unlike some years, I feel like we came out of it with some real closure. Will Take Charge has to be 3yo champ (and he'll be a lot of fun to watch next year if he comes back), and you figure Wise Dan becomes two time horse of the year now.

A stinker of a weekend for me parimutuelly but the course played fair on Saturday and you can't ask for much better than those last few races.
Irish Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #6
CincyHorseplayer

My brain is in the blender too.With family in town and 2 big days of racing I was about as unprepared as it gets for either but have enjoyed both while feeling guilty for splitting my heart up!That said I went 4 for 9(Both Juvenile Turf's,Juvenile,and Classic).Not attempting to be a jerk gloater.I missed you guys and gals this weekend but I handicapped by the seat of my pants and barely had time to bet much less post an analysis!Hope you all had fun and made money.I thought the coverage was great except for they need me on there to talk more about handicapping.I think I could blow up the event as long as I didn't curse,HAHA!Anyway off to my Aunt's birthday party.Hope they're not dead yet because I'm fired the hell up!

Last edited by CincyHorseplayer; 11-02-2013 at 09:15 PM.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

I'm just wondering if I'm signing papers at laurel or pimlico.....already told my father don't answer the phone tmrw couldn't bare blowing a horse score
Old 11-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
olddaddy

A Great BC for euros, thats forsure. Hope more come next year and maybe declaration of war will bring in more for the dirt.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #9
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge07
Beholder most impressive

Wise Dan all racehorse

Euros dominated turf

I really needed that grey horse to hold on, he got the jump on daniel but was just no late match, juicy 18-1 would have made the pick anything much juicier.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #10
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEdge07
Beholder most impressive

Wise Dan all racehorse

Euros dominated turf

Yup!!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #11
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer
My brain is in the blender too.With family in town and 2 big days of racing I was about as unprepared as it gets for either but have enjoyed both while feeling guilty for splitting my heart up!That said I went 4 for 9(Both Juvenile Turf's,Juvenile,and Classic).Not attempting to be a jerk gloater.I missed you guys and gals this weekend but I handicapped by the seat of my pants and barely had time to bet much less post an analysis!Hope you all had fun and made money.I thought the coverage was great except for they need me on there to talk more about handicapping.I think I could blow up the event as long as I didn't curse,HAHA!Anyway off to my Aunt's birthday party.Hope they're not dead yet because I'm fired the hell up!
Went 1 for 10, with the cold exacta and tri, and the super, in the 10th on Day 1, almost cold super too except the 4th finisher ranked 5th (did not even have the 2 favs ranked in the top 3 in that race), and 9 for 12 on Day 2, including the $66 winner in race 4. Ended up in the black "several" bucks for the 2 days with a couple of decent supers and that big winner.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #12
nijinski

London Bridge , the New York bred , races overseas , comes over to
test our dirt and wins the Marathon . His conditioner , Jo Hughes ,one of
the two female conditioners to win in this series .

Kathy Ritvo , what can I say but that I am thrilled for her ! So I threw some money elsewhere but still happy with the outcome .

Last edited by nijinski; 11-03-2013 at 12:07 AM.
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #13
Stillriledup
Veteran

What did we learn?

We learned that if you love a heavy favorite, you can get 4 dollars or more in most occasions and not 2.20 or 2.40.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:02 AM   #14
Stillriledup
Veteran

Amazing training job by Dick Mandella to have Beholder in peak shape, she looked phenominal in the post parade, she was behaving perfectly and she hasnt always been a great student.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #15
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Went 1 for 10, with the cold exacta and tri, and the super, in the 10th on Day 1, almost cold super too except the 4th finisher ranked 5th (did not even have the 2 favs ranked in the top 3 in that race), and 9 for 12 on Day 2, including the $66 winner in race 4. Ended up in the black "several" bucks for the 2 days with a couple of decent supers and that big winner.
You were definitely tops on my list to yack at bro.It literally was not feasible.Except for the races I was not on the internet for 3 days.We had a phone changeover and I freaking out,then get half the family rolling in.You know I'm getting obsessed with young horses,turf races,and Euro shippers.I'm sorry I couldn't share it.I've had the greatest time with my family the last few days but a hardcore German family on get togethers means beer til dawn!It's been fun and rough.I was literally piecing races together today,but the Juvenile,total top class pedigree on both sides and stamina enough,I bet against 2yo favorites even if they look great.You had a horse going synthetic to dirt with Mr Prospector over Northern Dancer families whose pedigree ranking were both 1's.I had a complete hardon for this horse.Unfortunately I literally got my homework done during the post parade or I would have told you brother.The Juvenile Turf's?I am so glad they instituted these races.They are a cash cow and most think they are Passovers.Proud to say I'm 4-3-1-0 last 2 years!I'm going to start a pedigree analysis of the 2yo prep winners on your site.I only started noticing this stuff bigtime this year and really since the Iriquois.Lot into it.In the Juvenile and Classic(near miss) you have the most winning pedigree cross there is=Mr Prospector/Northern Dancer.People think it's common knowledge like ice cream that's white tastes like vanilla but it's not.There are very few of these top crosses that end up fast.I count 6 in this 3yo crop and they have dominated most of the classics.Will almost won today and while I thought he was too slow he would be in the right position.Giant MF almost took the whole sack of beans!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply