Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-27-2017, 09:34 AM   #1
lamboguy

Travers day handle

if i am reading this correctly they did close to $48 million for the whole card. equibase didn't have the attendance number but i suspect it was over 30,000 as well

i am pretty sure they broke the record, but i am not positive on that one. they had the best 13 race card that i have ever seen with all those grade 1 stake races on the same afternoon.

there couldn't have been to many disappointed customers yesterday with the product they produced. it certainly was a great day and i hope they build on their success.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 09:39 AM   #2
alhattab

attendance was about 48,000- the Equibase chart in the Saratoga Special listed the attendance
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 01:20 PM   #3
carterista
Apprentice

Attendance was down from last tear but the handle was 2nd highest, up 5% over last year.

It certainly won't be a memorable day with Songbird running an awful race and none of the triple crown winners showing anything.

Defrong will be the highlight and I am afraid that the Sword Dance is becoming a joke for a $1 million G-1 race.
carterista is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 01:22 PM   #4
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterista View Post
Attendance was down from last tear but the handle was 2nd highest, up 5% over last year.

It certainly won't be a memorable day with Songbird running an awful race and none of the triple crown winners showing anything.

Defrong will be the highlight and I am afraid that the Sword Dance is becoming a joke for a $1 million G-1 race.
I do not know why it wont be memorable.

maybe the changing of the guard in the older filly and mare division with a great race

and who knows what west coast turns into, he has upside for sure. he could be a dominant 4yo.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 01:23 PM   #5
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterista View Post

in terms of the sword dancer, i have no idea why the fields dont show for that race, chad brown affect maybe.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #6
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
if i am reading this correctly they did close to $48 million for the whole card. equibase didn't have the attendance number but i suspect it was over 30,000 as well

i am pretty sure they broke the record, but i am not positive on that one. they had the best 13 race card that i have ever seen with all those grade 1 stake races on the same afternoon.

there couldn't have been to many disappointed customers yesterday with the product they produced. it certainly was a great day and i hope they build on their success.
Liked to have seen another few runners in the Songbird race-not sure why everyone is ducking this horse-she has lost multiple steps. That Lady Eli field was mediocre at best. Travers field was awesome
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 01:30 PM   #7
lamboguy

the quality of horses everywhere has gone down from the glory days of our sport due to less breeding and interest.

to make a card like they had yesterday was an awesome job. Travers day was as good as you can make it in today's world. i lost and still loved the card.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 01:32 PM   #8
Afleet

Quote:
the quality of horses everywhere has gone down from the glory days of our sport due to less breeding and interest.

to make a card like they had yesterday was an awesome job. Travers day was as good as you can make it in today's world. i lost and still loved the card.
Last i read the foal crop is supposed to be down again this year-not good
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2017, 03:12 PM   #9
GMB@BP

Quote:

u throw grade 1 status and big purses and they will show up to lone star park.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:17 PM   #10
LemonSoupKid

I thought they were ...

great.

Good turf, good dirt, solid performances and rides.

I cashed (among other things ) a couple Pick 6 consolations. What I found odd was that the two tickets had different payouts. Have you guys ever heard of that or how they calculate it? 5 of 6.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2017, 02:59 PM   #11
Si2see

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
great.

Good turf, good dirt, solid performances and rides.

I cashed (among other things ) a couple Pick 6 consolations. What I found odd was that the two tickets had different payouts. Have you guys ever heard of that or how they calculate it? 5 of 6.
I would imagine you had a different amount of horses on the missed leg(s).

The first time it happened to me 10 years ago or so, I went 3/4 on the charles town pick4. It paid $300 for 3/4. When I cashed the ticket at the otb the following morning it rang up for $900 ( because I had 3 horses in the leg that missed so I hit 3/4 3 times )
Si2see is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-01-2017, 09:59 AM   #12
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si2see View Post
I would imagine you had a different amount of horses on the missed leg(s).

The first time it happened to me 10 years ago or so, I went 3/4 on the charles town pick4. It paid $300 for 3/4. When I cashed the ticket at the otb the following morning it rang up for $900 ( because I had 3 horses in the leg that missed so I hit 3/4 3 times )
Yes indeed. Thank you sir.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2017, 10:38 PM   #13
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
attendance was about 48,000- the Equibase chart in the Saratoga Special listed the attendance
The equibase chart has attendance listed at 47,775
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply