Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 07-28-2017, 11:10 AM   #286
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Stop moved to 2472.25...that last 5 min bar was terrible for me...seems they really want to hold 2462...that was pretty bad for me IMO...but who knows...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2017, 04:17 PM   #287
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Exited short @ 4:14 :50 @ 2470 for a total loss of 6.75 points on the day
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2017, 09:07 AM   #288
reckless
Veteran

The two quotes below was just lifted from drudge's home page.

Quote:
JULY JOBS: +209,000... Record 153,513,000 Employed...
Strength... GREAT AGAIN: Trade deficit drops...

GREENSPAN: IT'S ABOUT TO BURST
Here's the link to this story by an over-rated Fed Chair, who missed all the economic and stock market inflection points during his too long career. If he wasn't married to washed up TV celebrity, he'd be totally ignored.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/04/gree...est-rates.html

I do hope the speculators jump all over this silly piece and knock the market down a few points. There's still time left to catch the wave in these early stages of our generational buying opportunity. In five years 22,000 DJIA will look like pennies and dimes, I promise you.

I know all you Trump haters and doom and gloomers just might go along with Greenspan's thoughts. For that I say, I hope so, and thank you all.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-07-2017, 01:03 PM   #289
AltonKelsey
Veteran

Originally Posted by AltonKelsey
ZYNE
The Aug straddle is priced at $12, stocks 19.50

This can easily tank below 10 if the results fail.

Trading at 6.33 today 8/7/2017
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-07-2017, 01:49 PM   #290
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
The two quotes below was just lifted from drudge's home page.

Here's the link to this story by an over-rated Fed Chair, who missed all the economic and stock market inflection points during his too long career. If he wasn't married to washed up TV celebrity, he'd be totally ignored.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/04/gree...est-rates.html

I do hope the speculators jump all over this silly piece and knock the market down a few points. There's still time left to catch the wave in these early stages of our generational buying opportunity. In five years 22,000 DJIA will look like pennies and dimes, I promise you.

I know all you Trump haters and doom and gloomers just might go along with Greenspan's thoughts. For that I say, I hope so, and thank you all.
First, you know my thoughts on Trump, so I'd prefer not to go down that path. I like your stock markets posts. The markets seems very expensive, to me, whether you look at mkt cap to GDP, EV/EBITDA or a CAPE. I know you pick individual stocks, but you seem to have a strong value bent. Therefore, I'm surprised you aren't concerned by the valuation of the overall mkt.

Totally agree with you on Greenspan - best to ignore him regardless of the topic, imo.

Last edited by Saratoga_Mike; 08-07-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-07-2017, 03:10 PM   #291
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
First, you know my thoughts on Trump, so I'd prefer not to go down that path. I like your stock markets posts. The markets seems very expensive, to me, whether you look at mkt cap to GDP, EV/EBITDA or a CAPE. I know you pick individual stocks, but you seem to have a strong value bent. Therefore, I'm surprised you aren't concerned by the valuation of the overall mkt.

Totally agree with you on Greenspan - best to ignore him regardless of the topic, imo.
Hey Mike ... first off, I never, ever let my political feelings interfere with the other parts of my life with other posters. Others do towards me, it seems, but I could live with that.

Awhile back, I posted on here around the time of my 'now famous' generational buying opportunity that specifically asked you guys not to let one's political or personal hatred towards Trump stop you from investing. I meant it then and I mean it now. We are far, far away from a market top or bubble land. Don't allow the vidiots on business TV scare you off when there are some very cheap, financially sound, and growing companies still available to buy and hold.

A couple of times in the past 2-3 years I mentioned Apple as the best stock to own ... it was in the middle 80s when I said this. It's almost doubled since then, and it doubled in the middle of a daily constant harrangue by stock gurus on TV calling for the world to end! I read the other day Apple has $200 billion in cash on hand ... unbelievable. Plus, while cash on hand is a liability to a growing company just wait until Apple is able to bring $100 + billion at least back home to invest and pay dividends. In a matter of months it's becomes a $200-225 stock.

My bullishness comes from the fact I invest solely in individual stocks. And I own 20-25 stocks that are still very, very cheap, and way below their intrinsic value. The portfolio of stocks I have purchased over the years --many, many years-- is 'safe' as I see it, much more safe and way less expensive than the overall market.

Those who invest in ETFs, mutual funds, and stock options are very much at risk. The biggest risk to these investors are headline risk. The ETFs are way more expensive, relatively speaking, than any individual companies that I own, even though my big stocks are major components of those same ETFs.

Yes, I know, a complete market meltdown will hurt all stocks, including mine. But, Mike, I don't see any compelling reason for a complete market meltdown now or in the very near future.

Good luck, now and always.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #292
highnote

Good points.

Quote:
Hey Mike ... first off, I never, ever let my political feelings interfere with the other parts of my life with other posters. Others do towards me, it seems, but I could live with that.

Awhile back, I posted on here around the time of my 'now famous' generational buying opportunity that specifically asked you guys not to let one's political or personal hatred towards Trump stop you from investing. I meant it then and I mean it now. We are far, far away from a market top or bubble land. Don't allow the vidiots on business TV scare you off when there are some very cheap, financially sound, and growing companies still available to buy and hold.

A couple of times in the past 2-3 years I mentioned Apple as the best stock to own ... it was in the middle 80s when I said this. It's almost doubled since then, and it doubled in the middle of a daily constant harrangue by stock gurus on TV calling for the world to end! I read the other day Apple has $200 billion in cash on hand ... unbelievable. Plus, while cash on hand is a liability to a growing company just wait until Apple is able to bring $100 + billion at least back home to invest and pay dividends. In a matter of months it's becomes a $200-225 stock.

My bullishness comes from the fact I invest solely in individual stocks. And I own 20-25 stocks that are still very, very cheap, and way below their intrinsic value. The portfolio of stocks I have purchased over the years --many, many years-- is 'safe' as I see it, much more safe and way less expensive than the overall market.

Those who invest in ETFs, mutual funds, and stock options are very much at risk. The biggest risk to these investors are headline risk. The ETFs are way more expensive, relatively speaking, than any individual companies that I own, even though my big stocks are major components of those same ETFs.

Yes, I know, a complete market meltdown will hurt all stocks, including mine. But, Mike, I don't see any compelling reason for a complete market meltdown now or in the very near future.

highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2017, 06:33 AM   #293
jms62
Veteran

Quote:

I also think the new version of the watch allowing talking will be well received
jms62 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: