Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 05-23-2016, 12:07 PM   #16
camourous

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlBundy33
This is nothing compared to what they used to do from 2007-2010.

I remember one time that they went to commercial as they were loading the field the last race at Aqueduct. Or showing Chris Shilltoulak babble on instead of showing live races.

They still do these things regularly
camourous is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2016, 01:37 PM   #17
AlBundy33

Quote:
Originally Posted by camourous
They still do these things regularly
I'm not surprised, although the few and far between times I manage to watch TVG, it has been a bit better than it was.....at least in my opinion. (Which might be worth .002 cents)

BTW, nice YouTube channel. Always good to see races that you couldn't see pre-simulcasting era.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:42 PM   #18
Wonderlander
Apprentice

Today is was GULF STREAM OVER BELMONT. Really? What does Frank pull in this place. Blacker was like.. we have to go to Gulf stream. Whatever he has, he wont allow exchange but his tracks are taken as priority in every case. crazy. Advertise monmouth for 10 mins, than go to Gulf stream.. No Emerald ever covered. Guys picks on screen more important.. Who cares about your picks. Im way better just give me the feed...
Wonderlander is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2016, 07:29 AM   #19
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlander
Today is was GULF STREAM OVER BELMONT. Really? What does Frank pull in this place. Blacker was like.. we have to go to Gulf stream. Whatever he has, he wont allow exchange but his tracks are taken as priority in every case. crazy. Advertise monmouth for 10 mins, than go to Gulf stream.. No Emerald ever covered. Guys picks on screen more important.. Who cares about your picks. Im way better just give me the feed...
My guess is when TVG bought out HRTV that Stronach negotiated top priority of his tracks a condition of the sale.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2016, 12:49 PM   #20
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderlander
Again, they have contracts to prioritize tracks, and whatever you think of Stronach, he has a lot of pull because he owns a lot of tracks. You're complaining about stuff as if it's ignorance on their part but these are not spur-of-the-moment decisions.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2016, 03:20 AM   #21
KidCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
Again, they have contracts to prioritize tracks, and whatever you think of Stronach, he has a lot of pull because he owns a lot of tracks. You're complaining about stuff as if it's ignorance on their part but these are not spur-of-the-moment decisions.
It is totally ignorance and incompetence on the part of TVG and anyone arguing otherwise has never been in a business environment in any line of work. When TVG's higher ups were negotiating the contract with Stronach, they clearly got destroyed at the table. A second year finance major would have negotiated 100 times better.

If you run the "premier" horse racing network/ADW in the country, you CANNOT allow race 2, a 10kN2L claimer at Golden Gate Fields, to supersede the last race at Belmont or Saratoga. It's simply a nonstarter, should never be on a contract signed by TVG. NYRA's last race routinely has 15-25 times as much money depending on the outcome than GGF's 2nd race. To show GGF's race is to piss off 85-95 percent of the people watching your station and betting through your ADW. NO WELL RUN COMPANY WOULD DO THIS!

They got their pants pulled down at the negotiating table with Stronach and deserve every bit of criticism they get for their incompetence.
KidCruz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2016, 07:33 PM   #22
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

TVG's business model is and always has been built on the needs and wants of the recreational players and people who for whatever reason don't/can't shop around for the best ADW. Recreational players like to listen to the talking heads, like the site to be easy to remember, and would rather have coverage of the major tracks (that will allow TVG to cover them) than sites like Emerald Downs and its endless parade of 5 horse fields, $6.40 payouts, and S-0 horses wiring the field.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2016, 10:09 PM   #23
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Their business model is based on maximizing their profits. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:39 PM   #24
Wonderlander
Apprentice

The in-play has got worse n worse. anytime race gets close to stretch when its supposed to be exciting i see cancelled money, 1.01
Old 07-02-2016, 07:15 PM   #25
Wonderlander
Apprentice

New trend is for Woodbine and Monumouth to always run side by side. Makes so much sense!!!
Old 10-14-2016, 06:19 PM   #26
no breathalyzer
Veteran

probably not too many really care here .. but not showing Hawthorne's Fall Meet at all on either TVG or TVG2 is disgraceful .. another reason having them as the only choice is bad.. what a joke.. yet this clown station/company has no problem showing Will Rodger Downs today.. who handled under $900 in their win pool in the 11th race.. give me a ****ing break bozo's
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2016, 06:24 PM   #27
no breathalyzer
Veteran

there is no ****ing reason for this.. i don't care if you don't make a dime on carrying the feed.. you make a killing on everything else you do there!.. how about do something for the horse players or the good of the game.. i haven't used tvg to bet in yrs and converted some serious betters away from that dump... things like this is why..
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #28
lamboguy

there is TVG1 and TVG2. if you open an account with TVG you get both of them for FREE right on their website. if they have to show Gulfstream over Belmont on TVG1, you can get Belmont live on TVG2.

i happen to think they are great for horse racing and have managed to keep the game alive right on their backs.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2016, 07:10 PM   #29
upthecreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
there is TVG1 and TVG2. if you open an account with TVG you get both of them for FREE right on their website. if they have to show Gulfstream over Belmont on TVG1, you can get Belmont live on TVG2.

i happen to think they are great for horse racing and have managed to keep the game alive right on their backs.
Not on 4NJbets They took TVG 2 away, told me there was no need for it, showed the same thing most times Morons!
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2016, 07:13 PM   #30
upthecreek

Thank you for contacting TVG. I’m sorry about that. They have removed the TVG2 tab and are only showing the TVG tab. For the most part, they were only showing the same thing, so it has been removed. I’m sorry about that
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: