Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-04-2021, 11:44 AM   #31
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Hey Cliff Clavin, learn how to read. I brought up pedophilia in response to a comment about a sexually abused 4 year old. It had nothing to do with the girl in the high school bathroom. You also seem to ignore the point people are making.

This rape at the high school probably doesn't happen without insane liberal bathroom policies of letting men in the ladies room.

If Mostpost's stance on this is leaked it could directly effect his current campaign to be elected Minister of Information of his apartment complex.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2021, 12:23 PM   #32
boxcar

The Statists Basically Believe Children are State Property

Virginia Parents Standing Up to Loudoun County School Board Should Inspire Parents Everywhere

Who should make decisions about how children should be educated? The obvious answer—consistent with American democratic values—is clear: parents. The alternative is unavoidably tyrannical.

Indeed, the question of who our children fundamentally belong to has come to define our modern political divide.

“I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach,” said Democrat and Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe in September. This comment struck a deep chord with parents—particularly in Loudon County, Virginia, which has found itself to be ground zero for this national debate...

Yet, the National School Board Association, instead of acknowledging some wrongdoing on the part of Loudon County Public Schools, issued a warning shot to parents in a now retracted letter to the White House, likening these parents who showed up at their local school board meetings to domestic terrorists. Attorney General Merrick Garland, in a shockingly partisan move, responded to this letter by issuing a memo that the FBI would be investigating these disturbances at school board meetings.

Many parents saw this as a threat, and it’s not hard to see why....

The answer is that the left has come to embrace the troubling perspective that children are partially owned by the state. In the leftist worldview, the family unit does not have the sole right to determine what values and perspectives children should hold, but that public schools are equal stakeholders in these deeply personal decisions.

Take, for example, a recent op-ed in the Washington Post titled, “Parents Claim They Have the Right To Shape Their Kids’ School Curriculum. They Don’t.” The piece, which gained the praise of The American Federation for Teachers President Randi Weingarten, argues, that the fight for “parental rights” is nothing more than a Republican talking point meant to rally supporters.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/10/...JSQL8Qt_cNaQpJ

So, there you have it. At the very minimum leftists think the state has equal rights to parents over their children. The state thinks it can literally force its moral values on American kids. The state is a god! All this, of course, is totally backwards to God's decree that parents should bring their children up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. But even when parents choose to not obey this biblical injunction, that still doesn't change the fact that God gave parents the authority over their children, and that the God-ordained family unit itself is a form of government.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:06 PM   #33
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Virginia Parents Standing Up to Loudoun County School Board Should Inspire Parents Everywhere

Who should make decisions about how children should be educated? The obvious answer—consistent with American democratic values—is clear: parents. The alternative is unavoidably tyrannical.

Indeed, the question of who our children fundamentally belong to has come to define our modern political divide.

“I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach,” said Democrat and Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe in September. This comment struck a deep chord with parents—particularly in Loudon County, Virginia, which has found itself to be ground zero for this national debate...

Yet, the National School Board Association, instead of acknowledging some wrongdoing on the part of Loudon County Public Schools, issued a warning shot to parents in a now retracted letter to the White House, likening these parents who showed up at their local school board meetings to domestic terrorists. Attorney General Merrick Garland, in a shockingly partisan move, responded to this letter by issuing a memo that the FBI would be investigating these disturbances at school board meetings.

Many parents saw this as a threat, and it’s not hard to see why....

The answer is that the left has come to embrace the troubling perspective that children are partially owned by the state. In the leftist worldview, the family unit does not have the sole right to determine what values and perspectives children should hold, but that public schools are equal stakeholders in these deeply personal decisions.

Take, for example, a recent op-ed in the Washington Post titled, “Parents Claim They Have the Right To Shape Their Kids’ School Curriculum. They Don’t.” The piece, which gained the praise of The American Federation for Teachers President Randi Weingarten, argues, that the fight for “parental rights” is nothing more than a Republican talking point meant to rally supporters.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/10/...JSQL8Qt_cNaQpJ

So, there you have it. At the very minimum leftists think the state has equal rights to parents over their children. The state thinks it can literally force its moral values on American kids. The state is a god! All this, of course, is totally backwards to God's decree that parents should bring their children up in the fear and admonition of the Lord. But even when parents choose to not obey this biblical injunction, that still doesn't change the fact that God gave parents the authority over their children, and that the God-ordained family unit itself is a form of government.
Which parents? Many parents support transgender rights. Many parents support the teaching of Critical Race Theory. What you want is the right to impose your propaganda on the kids.

You are not interested at all in Freedom, you are interested in the domination of your ideas. When you don’t get your way you resort to violence and threat.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:29 PM   #34
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Which parents? Many parents support transgender rights. Many parents support the teaching of Critical Race Theory. What you want is the right to impose your propaganda on the kids.

You are not interested at all in Freedom, you are interested in the domination of your ideas. When you don’t get your way you resort to violence and threat.
I can now understand why you've never been a parent. You have no clue. Parents want the three RRR's and a way of earning a better life for their children. Overwhelming majority of parents do not support the teaching of CRT, which is just what it says it is... just a theory. A theory very much like the Salem witch hunts. Whites are targets, much like the Salem witches that weren't.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2021, 03:52 PM   #35
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
I can now understand why you've never been a parent. You have no clue. Parents want the three RRR's and a way of earning a better life for their children. Overwhelming majority of parents do not support the teaching of CRT, which is just what it says it is... just a theory. A theory very much like the Salem witch hunts. Whites are targets, much like the Salem witches that weren't.
https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-pol...heory-07152021

“There is less support amongst Americans for state laws banning the teaching of critical race theory (35%) and the New York Times 1619 Project (24%) in public schools.”

Hardly an overwhelming majority. More like a distinct minority. You need to stop thinking that everyone thinks like you do. They don’t.

As I have pointed out before, what Critical Race Theory is and what you think it is are very different things.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:00 PM   #36
classhandicapper

Quote:

“There is less support amongst Americans for state laws banning the teaching of critical race theory (35%) and the New York Times 1619 Project (24%) in public schools.”

Hardly an overwhelming majority. More like a distinct minority. You need to stop thinking that everyone thinks like you do. They don’t.

As I have pointed out before, what Critical Race Theory is and what you think it is are very different things.
The NY Times?

I think the Virginia election told you how much support there was for left wing extremism. Next up is the House and Senate.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:09 PM   #37
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
The NY Times?

I think the Virginia election told you how much support there was for left wing extremism. Next up is the House and Senate.
Wait a minute. Don’t read too much into Virginia results

It was less than 2% the last time I looked. 2% short of giving the State away to CRT and the left. There is plenty of support for the lefties.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2021, 04:11 PM   #38
boxcar

Quote:

Good. Then those "many parents" can support transgenders, sex traffickers, pedos and whatever else is perverse that tickles their fancy without forcing their beliefs on others who hold to more traditional values.

What I want is for the government to stick its moral values up in places where the sun never shines because the teaching of those values falls squarely on parents' shoulders. Let the "woke" parents teach their kiddies what they want, and normal, well-adjusted parents teach their children what they want. It's parents' GOD-GIVEN responsibility to teach their children moral values. The government needs to keep allow families to govern themselves the way God intended. The government has zero business in poking its nose into family business. It's really that simple!

What you want is more government tyranny. You want all schools to teach their brand of morality to kids, as though one-size-fits all. That's not freedom, that's tyranny. So, yes, I'm the one very interested in freedom!

The schools' business is to teach genuine academic subjects; the parents' business to teach THEIR kids about life -- and all that that entails. Got it?
Old 11-04-2021, 05:43 PM   #39
jimmyb

Quote:

Here is one of the daughters of a Parent that probably supports CRT.

Principal Beaten Unconscious in Front of Students, Parents. According to a police report, the student's mother had threatened the principal the night before the attack.

https://www.newser.com/story/312971/...s-parents.html
Old 11-04-2021, 09:05 PM   #40
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Here is one of the daughters of a Parent that probably supports CRT.

Principal Beaten Unconscious in Front of Students, Parents. According to a police report, the student's mother had threatened the principal the night before the attack.

BTW. Only 40 percent of students at this school are proficient in reading and only 36 percent are proficient at math. The school has a 75 percent graduation rate.

Mostie thinks it's critical we put resources into CRT rather than math and reading skills. He probably thinks it's all whiteys fault they are failing.

https://www.newser.com/story/312971/...s-parents.html

Hey Mostie, read this
Old 11-04-2021, 10:06 PM   #41
BIG RED
Son O'War

'Whitey' was already imprisoned and beaten to death.

Inclusion school?
Old 11-04-2021, 10:08 PM   #42
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
'Whitey' was already imprisoned and beaten to death.

Inclusion school?
Special needs kids are thrown in the same classes as regular students.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:43 PM   #43
BIG RED
Son O'War

OK, so many new 'titles'
Old 11-05-2021, 02:09 AM   #44
TJDave

Transgender malarkey

For something that affects about 1 in 3,500 people this has been getting way more than it’s fair share of publicity.

Especially on here.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:38 AM   #45
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

A better question might be "how does such a tiny slice of the entire population get to exercise such outsized political power?"
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply