Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-05-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
Diagoras
Apprentice

End of the Patriot era?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page...power-struggle
Diagoras is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2018, 02:31 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

I don't understand why this is news, both the coach and quarterback who may be the best ever are at retirement age.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2018, 02:46 PM   #3
lamboguy

the author of this article is known for his ability to put out fake news. good luck with this one if you are betting your money on the Steelers when they come to New England with a far superior team other than the quarterback and coach.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2018, 03:21 PM   #4
MutuelClerk

Warms my heart on a day it's -3 outside. Screw the cheating Pats.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2018, 06:59 PM   #5
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
I'm pretty sure some of these problems between Brady & Bellichik have been blown out of proportion.Bellichik doesn't seem the type to let anybody get close to him, the better to cut ties when the time comes.I do believe though that Bellichik was willing to let Brady get traded and have Garropolo take over as QB and that Kraft, who literally became a billionaire due to Brady,vetoed that idea. A second round draft choice was the NFL equivalent of a six-pack and a bag of Fritos given Garrapolo's potential, which now seems to be a sure bet, given his 5-0 record with San Francisco this year.To me that deal was a big fat eff-you to Kraft from Bellichik.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2018, 12:49 PM   #6
Clocker

Hot rumor from the NY Daily News: Belichick to coach the Giants?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3739643
Old 01-06-2018, 01:16 PM   #7
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I don't understand why this is news, both the coach and quarterback who may be the best ever are at retirement age.
Exactly, how much longer can they last? That's the issue. The coach is Darth Vader, he's thinking years in advance, that's the friction. Its not "fake news" , anyone with half a brain knows he wanted Garoppolo in his back pocket. Basically now, once Brady is done, so are the Pats. Of course Belichick is not happy. They had to go out and get a "has been" back up by his standards. You know damn well these decisions were not his. Like this story is made up? I'm so surprised nothing was said weeks ago. But now, people see how good this kid is.

Basically, the team is not as good anyway. He knows it, only fans and TV fools can't see it. I even think he had visions of Garappolo starting soon and Kraft won't go for that. One guy wants to keep winning, the other guy is selling tickets. This is why Parcells bailed years ago, its surprising it all lasted this long. They have the AFC by the balls because the teams are not that good, but the end is definitely near. Belichick is almost always the smartest guy in the room, that's why he's won so much. Football people are often not as bright as he is.............that's his secret to his success. Time and "athlete reality" are a M'Fer, he is a smart ass realist, not a dreamer.

Last edited by burnsy; 01-06-2018 at 01:24 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2018, 03:12 PM   #8
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diagoras View Post
This is a news story from a well known fake news agency. I believe madam Wolff wrote this.

All this does is bring the Patriots together as a team and insure they get to the SB.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2018, 03:30 PM   #9
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
This is a news story from a well known fake news agency. I believe madam Wolff wrote this.

All this does is bring the Patriots together as a team and insure they get to the SB.
talent wise, The Steelers are way better than the Pats, but they can never beat them
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #10
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
talent wise, The Steelers are way better than the Pats, but they can never beat them
They just may be a better team and at this time of year anything can happen.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:46 PM   #11
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Patriots' coordinators Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels are on their way out of town, so you have to wonder about how that will affect what they do. I'm not seeing the Patriots winning the Super Bowl this year, the NFC is a lot better and the team that gets there will be more battle tested than whoever the AFC winner is.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:58 PM   #12
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Patriots' coordinators Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels are on their way out of town, so you have to wonder about how that will affect what they do. I'm not seeing the Patriots winning the Super Bowl this year, the NFC is a lot better and the team that gets there will be more battle tested than whoever the AFC winner is.
I do not agree with the NFC being more powerful but what do I know.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:21 PM   #13
horses4courses

Quote:
I believe you're right.

AFC is a slight favorite to lift Super Bowl trophy - very slight.
Eagles with a healthy Carson Wentz might have changed that.
Odds are based on the current situation, though.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:39 PM   #14
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
I believe you're right.

AFC is a slight favorite to lift Super Bowl trophy - very slight.
Eagles with a healthy Carson Wentz might have changed that.
Odds are based on the current situation, though.
They still have to beat Atlanta and they seem to be getting good at the right time. We will see in Philly this weekend.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:45 PM   #15
barahona44

Quote:
Powerful is a strong word, better is a better word.

Seeding comparisons (pre playoffs , my opinion)
Number 6 seeds. Atlanta vs. Buffalo. Advantage ATL
Number 5 seeds. Carolina vs.Tennessee Advantage CAR
Number 4 seeds. New Orleans vs. Kansas City. Advantage N.O.
Number 3 seeds. Los Angeles vs. Jacksonville. A draw
Number 2 seeds Minnesota vs. Pittsburgh Advantage PIT (slight, would be stronger if
Antonio Brown status were solid)
Number 1 seeds. Philadelphia vs. New England Advantage NE ..

I still think the NFC rep wins the SB, especially the Vikings (they'd be the home team) or Falcons, who I think are starting to click at the right time.New Orleans today reminded me of last year's Saints, no defense or a running game.Drew Brees is still a top QB, but if he has to be a one man band , they won't win the big game. If the balance on both sides of the ball they exhibited most of the season returns they could be dangerous.The Eagles with Wentz would struggle; I don't see them as a SB worthy team, without him, they will take an early exit.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: