Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 05-19-2016, 06:45 PM   #151
lansdale

OKC 4Q

Many fans have picked up on the great improvment of OKC in 4Q, which the team was being busted for during the regular season. Think we have to give BD props for this. One interesting thing Danny Green mentioned during the Spurs series was that the OKC asst. coaches were calling out Spurs plays as they developed, to the team on the floor. Like football?
lansdale is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 11:07 PM   #152
ronsmac

Cavs are beating Toronto as if they're the Sixers.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2016, 02:51 AM   #153
RXB

Cleveland-Toronto was pretty much a foregone conclusion. Raptors' talent level isn't high enough to hang with the true contenders, especially with Valanciunas out. They don't have a great player and it's rare for a team to win a championship without at least one. Need some upgrades to the second unit, too.

Masai needs to nail both the #9 and #27 picks in the draft.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2016, 10:22 PM   #154
ronsmac

The sweep is in serious jeopardy. The D has been awful, the effort poor,and Love has been atrocious on both ends so far.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:00 AM   #155
RXB

Raptors are better than the Cavs' first two opponents, thus not surprising that they won't be swept. Still very tough to see them winning this series. 4/28 combined for Irving and Love tonight; that's not likely to be repeated. Just don't think the Raptors have the horses yet to be legit title contenders, plus the Cavs are basically healthy whereas the Raptors are missing their third best player.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-22-2016, 10:35 PM   #156
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Home Sweet Home.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2016, 09:26 AM   #157
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Raptors are better than the Cavs' first two opponents, thus not surprising that they won't be swept. Still very tough to see them winning this series. 4/28 combined for Irving and Love tonight; that's not likely to be repeated. Just don't think the Raptors have the horses yet to be legit title contenders, plus the Cavs are basically healthy whereas the Raptors are missing their third best player.
Correct. JV has a freaking ankle sprain and he's been out for almost two weeks. Was shooting jumpers yesterday, though. Big asset to have back.

Let's face it. The NBA is giving the Cavs & especially the King, the star treatment. The Cavs have been thugging up the Raps, with no calls and that faux fall by Lebron on the slug by TT, was worthy of a 9.9 by any Russian judge!

The Refs are being played as saps. At least, try and make it close, not 2-1 on the calls in favour of the Cavs. Raps TV has broken down multiple phantom calls, where no contact is made.

That being said, would be nice to see the Series extended to 6. Cavs are the better team, but that was said about Seth's team, too.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2016, 10:18 AM   #158
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
This was enough to keep me off of game 1. I would look to take Golden State in game 2, and if they win (cover or no cover), I will come back with OKC in game 3.
So far, so good. I will zag back to the Warriors for game 4.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-23-2016, 10:24 AM   #159
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
So far, so good. I will zag back to the Warriors for game 4.
Might want to see what Green's status first. If he is suspended as he should be they are in big trouble. I've played Probably a few thousand hours of basketball and never once did I or anyone else make that kind of kicking motion. No way that was an accident.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:30 AM   #160
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Might want to see what Green's status first. If he is suspended as he should be they are in big trouble. I've played Probably a few thousand hours of basketball and never once did I or anyone else make that kind of kicking motion. No way that was an accident.
I can't disagree but if he is suspended, that will be taken into account by the line. And in the NBA, more than any sport, when a star player is out, the other players rise to the occasion, at least for one game.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:43 AM   #161
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I can't disagree but if he is suspended, that will be taken into account by the line. And in the NBA, more than any sport, when a star player is out, the other players rise to the occasion, at least for one game.
He role is so unique it could be tough to overcome.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:45 AM   #162
ronsmac

I'd prefer if OKC wins the series but don't think Green should be suspended. The NBA is getting out of control with these suspensions and flagrant foul calls.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:50 AM   #163
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
He role is so unique it could be tough to overcome.
The effort was so poor and result was so definitive, they will be fully focused. And we see teams off blowout wins get a little too puffy chested (provided the opponent isn't hopelessly overmatched like some in the East).

If Green is out, it will be about a 2 to 2 1/2 point adjustment.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:50 AM   #164
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
I'd prefer if OKC wins the series but don't think Green should be suspended. The NBA is getting out of control with these suspensions and flagrant foul calls.

So just kicking a guy straight in the groin is ok? Adams should suplex him then for the next game. What defense does he have if there is no penalty? And make no mistake, Adams would destroy him.
Old 05-23-2016, 11:20 AM   #165
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
So just kicking a guy straight in the groin is ok? Adams should suplex him then for the next game. What defense does he have if there is no penalty? And make no mistake, Adams would destroy him.
I'm cool with a fine. It's not like he went Bruce Lee on him. They used to fight and not even get thrown out of the game.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: