Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-09-2022, 05:25 AM   #1
Poindexter

Omicron-does anybody buy that:

The narrative remains if you are fully vaxxed you are in good shape if you are vaxxed and boosted you are golden. If you are not vaxxed death is imminent(or something like that I lost my interest in watching the msm so I dont watch it very often I just catch things on the net). This variant is all over LA right now. My job has reported 3 to 4 people a day catching it for the last couple of weeks. My local CVS which is 24 hours has cut hours. Asked why, the entire staff was out sick and they had fill ins from other stores there to keep it open. I present an LA times article written a couple of days ago. For sake of ease of reading this post I am going to pose my question first and then present the article and some key excerpts from it.

I also present the LA count vaccine dashboard. If I am reading correctly 67 are fully vaxxed but only 25% are fully vaxxed and Boosted and I think like 8% had the first shot only. By the way the truly most vulnerable population at least age wise 65+ is 89% fully vaxxed and another 9% had just 1 dose and of this population 54% were fully vaxxed and Boosted. IMO we have done enough.

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/med...-dashboard.htm

My question is do you buy the narrative for the current omicron variant. I don't. I think most of the population is going to get this variant (even those with natural immunity) and the question is will the vaccine protect them from serious illness, will natural immunity protect them from serious illness or is this variant so weak that none of this is going to matter to any significant degree. In other words is this variant so weak that even the unvaxxed will get through it in most instances. My hunch is the latter. Of course the vulenerable should be vaxxed voluntarily.

What happens after this variant remains to be seen, but supposedly the variants are supposed to get weaker and more transmissible. I don't know how they can be more transmissible than this one.

Meanwhile we have have vaccine mandates in full effect in some cities, this constant mainstream narrative get vaxxed, boosted (this maybe be required 3 to 6 times a year at one point) and the question as time goes on may very well be will they ever take their foot of the gas petal or are we going to be dealing with irrational mandates forever? IMO the decision makers are just becoming more and more irrational.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-in-l-a-county

key excerpts

As of Thursday, there were 2,902 coronavirus-positive patients in L.A. County hospitals, including 391 in intensive care. While hospital admissions are still trending upward, there are other signs that the Omicron wave will look different from those that came before.

Even though the number of hospitalized patients testing positive for the coronavirus has risen quickly, COVID-19 patients are occupying a relatively low percentage of the county’s ICU beds. About 7% of L.A. County’s total staffed ICU beds are taken up by COVID-19 patients, compared with 15% during the summer Delta wave and more than 50% last winter.

In early November — before Omicron swept around the world, and Delta was still dominant — 75% of coronavirus-positive patients countywide were in the hospital for COVID-related medical issues, Ferrer said.

By late December, the same was true for 45% of coronavirus-positive hospitalized patients, Ferrer estimated.

During last winter’s COVID-19 surge, about 80% of coronavirus-positive patients in the emergency department at L.A. County-USC Medical Center were being admitted to the hospital, and nearly half of those went to the ICU, Spellberg said. Now, about a third of coronavirus-positive patients are admitted, and 20% to 25% are going to the ICU.

The Omicron variant, which now accounts for more than 85% of analyzed cases in L.A. County, is easily the most contagious coronavirus strain yet — two to four times as transmissible as Delta. And that’s infecting far more people simultaneously.

L.A. County on Friday reported 43,712 new coronavirus cases — the highest single-day total ever, breaking the record of 37,215 set the day before. During the peak of last winter’s surge, about 16,000 cases were being reported a day.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2022, 06:02 AM   #2
Richie

interesting stuff, as a side note, this was discussed in another thread, i forgot where

my son , never vaxxed, thought he had covid last year, no test. He took an antibody test. It came out 1.47 positive, so he had it and has antibodies

I took one 3 days ago. I was vaxxed 10 months ago (forced too), no booster, never felt better, and have been working since the start in feb 2020
I test a 4.54 off the chart antibodies.

all i know is that i won't be taking any boosters
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2022, 07:12 AM   #3
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
interesting stuff, as a side note, this was discussed in another thread, i forgot where

my son , never vaxxed, thought he had covid last year, no test. He took an antibody test. It came out 1.47 positive, so he had it and has antibodies

I took one 3 days ago. I was vaxxed 10 months ago (forced too), no booster, never felt better, and have been working since the start in feb 2020
I test a 4.54 off the chart antibodies.

all i know is that i won't be taking any boosters
Richie,

Which test do I want to test for antibodies?

Searching but it all seems a bit obfuscated.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2022, 07:28 AM   #4
porchy44

Omicron

With all viral organisms, they mutate for their own survival, which also means our survival.

Proponents of "Natural Selection" says it works by favoring species that reproduce best... this means that new covid variants can be expected to be more contagious but less deadly, if not harmless... Killing the host is simply not in the interest of "Natural Selection".
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2022, 08:09 AM   #5
Richie

Hi Dave

We went to the quest website, ordered a covid antibody test, made an appointment for 69 bucks, drew blood, one day later results, pretty easy here in CT

Richie
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2022, 09:30 AM   #6
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
Hi Dave

We went to the quest website, ordered a covid antibody test, made an appointment for 69 bucks, drew blood, one day later results, pretty easy here in CT

Richie
That was the one I was considering.

Thank you for confirming it.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2022, 12:12 PM   #7
Marshall Bennett

They've been caught lying about numbers again. Turns out the high volume of hospital patients are either there being treated for another illness, or they're simply throwing numbers out there that aren't even real.
This was the case with Florida numbers a few months ago. The number of cases was a flat-out lie.
Since apparently they get a pass on anything they lie about, they're more than willing to continue the routine.
They're doing whatever it takes to harness the public, and in the process ruin lives. Children are the most vulnerable, so keeping them masked and shackled to their bedposts is a high priority.
Its hard not to hate these fkn assholes!!
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2022, 12:39 PM   #8
Inner Dirt

I was imprisoned in the liberal mecca of Alexandria Virginia for 3 days last week to escape my all electric house that had no power. You had to look long and hard to find someone without a mask. I went to a grocery store and only one person was maskless. There were quite a few people driving solo wearing masks. If masks work nobody in that city should have covid.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2022, 03:36 PM   #9
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I was imprisoned in the liberal mecca of Alexandria Virginia for 3 days last week to escape my all electric house that had no power. You had to look long and hard to find someone without a mask. I went to a grocery store and only one person was maskless. There were quite a few people driving solo wearing masks. If masks work nobody in that city should have covid.
It was exactly the same in Lexington, KY, yesterday.
Old 01-10-2022, 01:47 AM   #10
Poindexter

By the way, more an more I am seeing nonsense from the anti vax side. So and so is 90% vaccinated and is on 4th booster and has x number of infections. Who the F Cares. Personally I think it is insane to booster yourself every 3 months and these government mandates have to stop, but most people do not see things as I do. The narrative that matters to most people (because this is the only selling point they have with vaccines) is that vaccines limit your exposure to being hospitalized and dying. That is the only pertinent fact right now. Everything else is old news. It is real cute showing videos of Dr. Fraud-chi being wrong about everything, but it isn't changing anyone's opinion. You want to dissuade people from wanting vaccine mandates you have to convince them that they are not 10 or 15 or 20 times safer from hospitalization and death. If those are the actual numbers then it is a hard sell. If those are fake numbers or have changed or will change because of Omicron, than the proof needs to be brought out and brought out quickly. I get the logic, these vaccines do not do what they were supposed, to do, but as long as people are sold that they are being protected from hospitalization and death, too many really don't care.

Regarding masks, it just isn't my thing. I don't like them, but have worn one for 40 to 70 hours a week for 19 months now. I can tolerate them. I do cough when they are on far more often then when they are off. I haven't dropped dead yet. I don't think it is doing wonders for my health, but I don't notice anything and as I have mentioned before my sinuses have never been clearer.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2022, 02:16 AM   #11
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
They've been caught lying about numbers again. Turns out the high volume of hospital patients are either there being treated for another illness, or they're simply throwing numbers out there that aren't even real.
This was the case with Florida numbers a few months ago. The number of cases was a flat-out lie.
Since apparently they get a pass on anything they lie about, they're more than willing to continue the routine.
They're doing whatever it takes to harness the public, and in the process ruin lives. Children are the most vulnerable, so keeping them masked and shackled to their bedposts is a high priority.
Its hard not to hate these fkn assholes!!
We’ve pretty much reached the point where the public is tuned out, not paying any attention. If we watch close now is the time all the truth will start seaping out. Just like the NY hospitalization numbers where released on a late Friday….

I suspect at some point we will hear that half the deaths were not COVID related after all, but Joe Public will have moved on by then, so noone will get called out for it
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2022, 06:47 AM   #12
tucker6

The original lie was calling it a vaccine. It is a flu shot. When you view the world through that prism the facts make a whole lot more sense. I would add that the public's trust in the word "vaccine" has taken a major hit and you'll see in 10 years time that more and more people will resist vaccinating their children against real child killers.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply