Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-09-2020, 09:07 AM   #16
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMustang View Post
Week two of NO ADW wagering. Another $26,000 handle day.

I talked to my source at Belterra who informed me that management and the horsemen are still in discussions.

Most Pick 3 Pools had les than $150 in handle, and the Pick 6 (with a $294 carryover) generated $95 in new money.

How would you like to be the lucky Pick 3 player to select three consecutive longshots, only to receive $85???

I realize that Belterra Park is a very minor league track, and has sort of a cult following, but they do handle a half-million some days with TVG coverage and ADW.

We are making fools of ourselves.
It's funny that you're upset about this, but earlier in the thread you thought separate on-track wagering pools were a good idea. You do realize these pool sizes are what you'd be betting into, right?
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2020, 09:59 AM   #17
The_Turf_Monster

So don’t bet the horizontals? They’re going to be inefficient pools across the board, most handicappers not playing the chalk would love that
The_Turf_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2020, 12:23 PM   #18
BMustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
It's funny that you're upset about this, but earlier in the thread you thought separate on-track wagering pools were a good idea. You do realize these pool sizes are what you'd be betting into, right?
You must have mis-read something I said. I've been complaining about no AWD wagering since my first post. Solely operating on on-track handle is the Death Wish.

You would think that they would eliminate the horizontals until they get this thing resolved.

I need AWD wagering. I haven't been on-track since Thanksgiving and won't be back until they relax the mask requirements etc.. Playing Belterra via TVG was a godsend to me. I wish I had discovered "play from home" years ago, it would have saved me a ton of slots and dinner money.
BMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2020, 12:59 PM   #19
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

The pools look like Lebanon Raceway circa 2007. Fall in love with the ALL button, scoop some pools.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2020, 03:23 PM   #20
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
The pools look like Lebanon Raceway circa 2007. Fall in love with the ALL button, scoop some pools.
About 15 years ago I hit a P3 at River Downs that paid $273.
The highest priced winner in my ticket was $5.20.
When I went home and checked the the charts, I discovered that I won the whole pool.

Amwager is taking bets from Belterra today.
The pools are still pathetic.
Old 09-10-2020, 09:54 PM   #21
thespaah

Once again another dispute with horsemen which results in the consumer getting shafted. Time and time again, across the nation horsemen's groups get their panties in a wad and believe everyone is out to screw them. In turn they behave like 1950's style union thugs .
I am waiting for the day when a track or state decides to put their foot down and tell the horsemen "no, we're not shutting down anything. You guys get your ass to the conference room and hash this out. Meanwhile, we go on as normal"
If they threaten to boycott the entry box, kick 'em off the grounds. They won't leave. Where are they going to go?
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2020, 04:58 PM   #22
affirmedny

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/t...year-contract/

back tomorrow

Last edited by affirmedny; 09-14-2020 at 04:59 PM. Reason: added text
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2020, 05:05 AM   #23
BMustang

Returned on Tuesday with a handle of $422,000 as opposed to the $26 to $30k daily handles they have been experiencing for the past three weeks.

There must be a bean-counter at Belterra who must realize that we need ADW, that we want ADW, and that we can't survive without ADWs.
BMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2020, 09:48 AM   #24
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

There were a lot fewer 9999's in the will-pay columns yesterday.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: