Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-25-2022, 09:35 PM   #31
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Ask the next rap fan you come across to whistle the melody of their favorite rap song. Almost impossible in almost every case.
Is this a fan you’re gonna meet at the next stoplight?
Old 01-25-2022, 10:04 PM   #32
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Is this a fan you’re gonna meet at the next stoplight?
Nope………..

Btw, I met a friend last week at her hotel in the heart of the city last week. It was the wife of an officer I used to work with in Ohio back in the 90’s. My wife and I drove in. Had dinner with her and her daughter in law. They were in town on business. Her husband couldn’t make the trip. But we had a great time. Point being……

I’ve lived just northeast of Houston for 7 yrs now. This was probably only my 7th or 8th trip into the city. I never go into that den of corruption. We had a late dinner in a very nice steakhouse in the hotel next door. Closed the bar n restaurant at midnight and went home. I was out of my truck walking thru 2 parking lots for a total of 2 minutes tops.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:07 PM   #33
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I’ve never heard of either of those three groups, but they make good music.

I must say, your excellent taste in music kinda makes up for your not as excellent taste in politicians.
Must have been all those innocent years growing up in Democrat-controlled Trenton, NJ. Ha.Ha.

Mostpost's excellent taste in politicians, Chicago style:

Dan Rostenkowski, US Congressman. Spent 17 months in jail. The crime that did him in was selling US stamps for cash. His scandal cost Democrats seats in both houses of Congress the following election.

Fred Roti, State Senator and Alderman. Despite a busy work day serving the good people of Illinois, Roti moonlighted -- you can't make this up; no kidding -- as a made-man member of the Mafia!! He served 4 years in jail.

Rod Blagojevitch, Governor. Guilty of numerous pay-for-play crimes but what did him in was trying to sell the then-open Senate seat of Barack Obama, when he became president. Served 17 years.

Mel Reynolds, US Congressman. Sexually assaulted a 16-year-old girl who was a campaign volunteer. Bad enough, of course, but Reynolds was later convicted of 16 counts of bank fraud. Sentenced to 11 1-2 total years for both crimes, fellow sex-offender and molester, Bill Clinton, commuted his 2nd sentence after 4 years.

Orville Hodge, State Comptroller from 1952 to 1956. During his term in office, he embezzled $6.15 million of state funds -- this is mid 1950s dollars, mind you-- mainly by altering and forging checks that were paid on the state's account.

Did you vote for these Democrats over the years, mosty? I figured you probably did vote for a few of them. And proudly.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2022, 10:39 PM   #34
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Rod Blagojevitch, Governor. Guilty of numerous pay-for-play crimes but what did him in was trying to sell the then-open Senate seat of Barack Obama, when he became president. Served 17 years.
Rod Blagojevich only served 8 years of a 14 year sentence. He was pardoned by Trump....

And there's a reason why....Stay tuned.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2022, 11:07 PM   #35
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasone View Post
When you turn on the radio and every new song is sung by females that all sound the same with the same style of singing you tend to turn off the radio. I read that the new songs were written to mimic the trend of the hour, so they all sound the same. Nothing against female singers, just no originality.
Not really singing the same... remove Autotune, other digital wizardry and 90% of the "NEW" singers would sound on par of tin cans being drug thru broken glass.
Old 01-26-2022, 09:27 AM   #36
vegasone

5 Reasons All Modern Pop Music Sounds The Same

5 Reasons All Modern Pop Music Sounds The Same

It's not about Autotune

https://www.cracked.com/article_2934...unds-same.html

https://qz.com/1044781/this-music-pr...unds-the-same/
vegasone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply