Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-11-2022, 09:11 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

We just keep letting them get away with this bullshit...

Old 01-12-2022, 02:40 PM   #2
Poindexter

Interesting, so the new vaccine cover Omicron. It will be available in March, by then maybe 1/3rd to 1/2 the population will have had Omnicron, maybe more.

I guess the questions that come to my mind are?

1) Since it is a new vaccine, does it have to go through any safety trials or have we evolved to the point that Pfizer says it is safe, it is safe and that 45 to 60 day safety trials are sufficient.

2) Will we then have a mandatory vaccine mandates on this new vaccine (I assume it will be called a Booster) and will we be required to take this new booster immediately when some may have just had the vaccine booster in the prior 2 months?

3) Since most of the population will get omicron, does that natural immunity count for anything (of course not-why did I waste my time posing the question).

4) will people be given a choice between the "safe and effective" booster which is neither or the new booster which will be a complete unknown.

5) Why are over 2000 people a day in this country still dying of covid? This variant is weak. Most of the vunlerable population has been fully vaccinated and boosted (remember jen psaki says if you been vaxxed and boosted you are good) we supposedly have great treatments now (I don't know if anyone gets them-they may hurt future booster sales). I listened to a 3 hour podcast about a week ago with Marty Makary (you can find in on his twitter feed in early january) and a couple of other doctors. Very good by the way. They kept talking about how good the current treatments are. They were pro vaccine. So why are so many people dying? With this weak variant the death rate has to dip significantly in the next 30 days or we have some major problems and I am highly doubtful that is has anything to do with the unvaccinated. I am beginning to think that a lot of the "conspiracy theorists" that Boxcar has referenced over the months are more right than wrong about some things and this is beginning to manifest itself. But who knows? The problem is that from day 1 it has been all in on vaccines at all costs. Society has paid a ridiculously high price for that and the decision makers never change their mind no matter what happens. All they do is become more and more aggressive with their mandates no matter how wrong they were 6 months ago. Then you watch that Colbert clip(in the other thread) and you just shake your head. People can't be that Stupid. Sure they can and they are.

Google it and there is no information out there about current covid deaths. Are these lag delta cases? Are people dying of omicron? I want my scoreboard back. We can always ask Walensky, but she will just come back with we don't know, but of course it is forthcoming, but what we do know is that if you had your vax and booster you are 20 times less likely to die.......yawn. Shouldn't we have some answers to these questions before we start worrying about a modified vax in March? Of course not Almighty Emperor Pfizer knows best.

It seems to me like the more we dig for solutions the more problems we create. Not because solutions are bad, but because the idiots in charge either have no critical thinking skills or are so bought and paid for that they would lead an entire country off a cliff. Probably a combination of both. But bottom line is we are living in a shit show.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2022, 02:57 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Scoreboard?

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6
Old 01-12-2022, 03:14 PM   #4
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Jesus Christ, that really puts it into perspective. 9.5 billion doses sold.

The Vaccines average $30 a pop.......

That's alot of $$$
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2022, 07:53 PM   #5
Poindexter

By the way a little glimpse going on from the Kaiser study talked about in Tbwinner's Ivermectin thread. A brief article about the results of the study.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs...ron-than-delta

The researchers analyzed the medical records of 69,279 patients at Kaiser Permanente of Southern California who tested positive for COVID-19 from Nov. 30 to Jan. 1. Three-quarters were infected with the highly transmissible omicron variant, and the rest by delta.

The analysis found there was a 53% reduction in symptomatic hospitalization, a 74% reduction in admission into intensive care units and a 91% reduction in deaths — one from omicron compared to 14 from delta.

No patients with omicron required mechanical ventilation, compared to 11 cases with delta infections. And those who were hospitalized with the omicron variant had shorter hospital stays — a median of 1.5 days versus five days.

Reductions in disease severity were evident among both vaccinated and unvaccinated patients, the researchers found.

So basically Omicron is is killing 1 person for every 14 that Delta killed. That is the info I need to answer my own question from above. The problem is that if we(the US) are running 8 to 12 x more cases in a day, that 1/14th is currently being largely offset by the extra number of cases. So I will retract my statement above (#5). I certainly don't see the cases dropping too quickly and this offset will continue until the cases do start dropping significantly and then of course the lag. So basically it is up to the hospitals to start using therapeutics to prevent death. Thus the reason Fraud-chi is now talking therapeutics.
Old 01-12-2022, 08:06 PM   #6
tbwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
Jesus Christ, that really puts it into perspective. 9.5 billion doses sold.

The Vaccines average $30 a pop.......

That's alot of $$$
Don't forget the pharmacy/doctor reimbursement too. $40 per dose. Of course CVS, Walgreens, et al wants to pump out the shots.

But remember, the vaccine is FREE !!!
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2022, 08:17 PM   #7
Poindexter

Say it isn't So.

https://fortune.com/2022/01/12/ema-w...r-flu-endemic/

Europe’s drug regulator warns excessive COVID boosters could lead to ‘problems with immune response,’ joining WHO in pushback
Old 01-12-2022, 08:37 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I mean, just listen to what this guy was saying in May...of 2021...only months ago in reality...not years ago...months ago....

Old 01-13-2022, 12:09 AM   #9
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Fauci Is His Own Worst Enemy.....Lock Him Up

PROOF.....Gain of function LIES.

ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2022, 12:25 AM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Amazing isn't it? But people will still sit there with a straight face and tell you Fauci isn't the liar....Rand Paul is...
Old 01-13-2022, 02:21 AM   #11
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
COME ON MAN, that was before he changed the definition of gain of function research .....

which was even BEFORE they changed the definition of vaccine.

Last edited by davew; 01-13-2022 at 02:23 AM.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2022, 07:46 AM   #12
Marshall Bennett

There's not a whole lot the ordinary person can do. The representatives we've entrusted are the ignition point. They will motivate and the able-bodied will follow. Its basically that simple.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2022, 11:57 AM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

NYS sent hundreds of thousand of N95 masks to Monroe county, then told them that more than half them were no good and should be thrown away. THEN, they came with the idea that the masks could be used.....IF you wear a surgical mask OVER them!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: