Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-18-2018, 03:16 AM   #46
ultracapper

solid post
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 12:23 PM   #47
thaskalos

Open a modest ADW account so you can secure the daily past performances at a minute cost...and then study, study...and study some more. Use the sectional pace ratings...and see how they interact with each other as the horses exert differing levels of effort during the different portions of the race. Notice how the half-mile rating interacts with the final speed rating of the horses...and how one rating tends to decrease as the other increases. If you are diligent enough...then something in your mind is bound to click. When it does...welcome to the club.

Be attracted to the HANDICAPPING rather than the betting in the early stages; only when you thoroughly develop your understanding of the game will the potential "profits" ever come your way. There are no "shortcuts". And if you find that the handicapping doesn't agree with you, and you are forever on a lookout for the next handicapping method, or the next "tip sheet"...then this game is obviously not for you. Accept this fact and move on to something else...lest you run the risk of losing your sanity, as well as your money.

Whoever tells you that money can be made without great effort in this game is either a liar...or he has something to sell you.

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-18-2018 at 12:33 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 12:32 PM   #48
MOG4023

CheckMark,

You're up today...

Churchill Race 7 Checkmark 20/1
MOG4023 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 01:02 PM   #49
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
Pretty much didn’t actually nail it. You older people just saying get offended not me.
That's funny, because you not only get offended at almost anything anyone says, but if you actually read my post I said you SHOULD be chasing girls. Then you repeatedly posted that you don't chase girls. So not only were you offended, but you were offended by the opposite of what I actually said.

Anyway, you've been given pages of advice on how to get started by people much smarter than you are. Hopefully you read and understand some of it. We need the money of people like you in the pools.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 01:27 PM   #50
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
That's funny, because you not only get offended at almost anything anyone says, but if you actually read my post I said you SHOULD be chasing girls. Then you repeatedly posted that you don't chase girls. So not only were you offended, but you were offended by the opposite of what I actually said.

Anyway, you've been given pages of advice on how to get started by people much smarter than you are. Hopefully you read and understand some of it. We need the money of people like you in the pools.
Wow and what did you get in school smartie? Your probably chasing girls because your probably not married! Unless your not than you must really hate your wife. The “smart” thing i would do is to be focused in what your doing and not get distracted by know it alls. I will focus on school and weekends are handicapping.

Last edited by CheckMark; 11-18-2018 at 01:37 PM.
CheckMark is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #51
Trips

Just did reputation and the comment was acting like a little *itch.
Likely not to change you’re attitude around here but it is accurate.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 04:14 PM   #52
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
Just did reputation and the comment was acting like a little *itch.
Likely not to change you’re attitude around here but it is accurate.
I’ll change my attitude if everyone can ALL GET ALONG!
Old 11-18-2018, 04:45 PM   #53
Trips

Quote:
I’ll change my attitude if everyone can ALL GET ALONG!
You will change you’re attitude if PA tells you to. Not to mention if you wish to get the most out of this site you need people to want to help you.
Trips is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 06:18 PM   #54
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
You will change you’re attitude if PA tells you to. Not to mention if you wish to get the most out of this site you need people to want to help you.
Sorry. Stressful weekend and was just checking in once in a while on sat/sun. Sorry to everyone who was helping, I should listen to all the “smarties” on here. Guess I need to shut up now.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:16 PM   #55
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Sorry. Stressful weekend and was just checking in once in a while on sat/sun. Sorry to everyone who was helping, I should listen to all the “smarties” on here. Guess I need to shut up now.
Same old song and dance with you. At this point, I really have to believe you're nothing but a troll.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:37 PM   #56
lefty359

Did you say with RDSS long enough to give it a good try. I admit, I try different prgms ime to time. I'm going o start using one software prgm for 30 days and see how I do. I guess at sometime we need o commit to one thing for awhile and one thing only. Pick one and don't get discouraged.
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2018, 08:55 PM   #57
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Same old song and dance with you. At this point, I really have to believe you're nothing but a troll.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-19-2018 at 01:35 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 07:08 AM   #58
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Thanks for the nice comments. I always look forward to see what you say
Old 11-19-2018, 07:09 AM   #59
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
Did you say with RDSS long enough to give it a good try. I admit, I try different prgms ime to time. I'm going o start using one software prgm for 30 days and see how I do. I guess at sometime we need o commit to one thing for awhile and one thing only. Pick one and don't get discouraged.
I have a trial until the end of the year. So don’t think my parents are committed to continuing with RDSS plan.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:44 AM   #60
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty359 View Post
I admit, I try different prgms ime to time. I'm going o start using one software prgm for 30 days and see how I do. I guess at sometime we need o commit to one thing for awhile and one thing only.
IMO, one of the most important things is to find software that you want to work with because it meets your needs and does what you want it to do. Obviously this means trying out different programs to find one that feels right. And then as you said, you have to commit to that one program. Learn to work it to its full capability, and that will probably take longer than 30 days depending on the complexity of the software. Commitment is probably the most important thing which is the reason that users need to find a program that is a good fit for them, so that the time committed doesn't feel like drudgery.

Many handicappers don't want to make the effort -- they want a black box program that will spit out out 40% winners (or more!) @ 4-1 or better at a click of a button. And they want it for 3 easy payments of $19.95. Sorry but that is just not going to happen.

Good luck lefty. I hope that you find something that works for you.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: