Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-14-2022, 11:42 PM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

Craziest NFL season in my recent memory

I am having a hard time typing this, but it is the truth on Monday Night Football...The previously 8 and 0 Eagles were beaten tonight by the (5-5) Washington Commanders!!! 32 to 21....

The top bosses of the NFL wanted parity, well they seem to have attained it this season.
Old 11-14-2022, 11:57 PM   #2
46zilzal
velocitician

Just peaked at the Summary re-play on You Tube...SLOPPY SLOPPY play by the Eagles. Last TD for Washington occurred on the useless multiple backwards laterals that the Eagles tried, muffled it, and the Commanders jumped on the loose ball in the end zone.
Old 11-15-2022, 04:43 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

Nothing was crazier than the end of the Minnesota @ Buffalo game, it is a must see if a person did not see it.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2022, 05:22 PM   #4
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Nothing was crazier than the end of the Minnesota @ Buffalo game, it is a must see if a person did not see it.
Agree. That was super crazy. You'd swear the game was over a legitimate 5 or 6 times.

Going back to last year's playoffs, and the NFL this year, the league has certainly reached a level playing field of equal teams. A good number of games come down to the last possession and there are extraordinary plays that happen every weekend. The talent and abilities of the players has never been greater.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2022, 05:26 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I turned it off when the Vikings (MY Vikings! ) were stopped short the second time.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:14 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I turned it off when the Vikings (MY Vikings! ) were stopped short the second time.

If it were me coaching I would have ran a play from the shotgun, a safety would not be that bad, even an intentional one. You would be up 2 with a free kick from the 20. Getting it out of the end zone is game over. With the bionic leg most punters have Minnesota would have to go 30-40 yards in 30 seconds with no timeouts to attempt a long FG. Sending your QB into a dog pile from the one foot line is a lot more risky. Hind sight is 20-20, but I called shotgun play before that sneak happened.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:20 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

I have both teams to win their division in a 6 division + world series parlay.

So since the Vikings have the division in the bag, Sunday I was a Buffalo fan.
This Sunday I will be a Viking fan against the Cowboys. Those Viking receivers, especially Jefferson are badass. That 4th and 18 catch is an all time great.

I saw the replay multiple times and still can't figure out how he held on.
Old 11-15-2022, 06:30 PM   #8
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
I have both teams to win their division in a 6 division + world series parlay.

So since the Vikings have the division in the bag, Sunday I was a Buffalo fan.
This Sunday I will be a Viking fan against the Cowboys. Those Viking receivers, especially Jefferson are badass. That 4th and 18 catch is an all time great.

I saw the replay multiple times and still can't figure out how he held on.
How about the 2019 LSU Tigers offense?

Joe Burrow
Justin Jefferson
Ja'Marr Chase
Clyde Edwards-Helaire

No wonder they scored 8 million points that year.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2022, 09:29 PM   #9
proximity

washington was really controlling the time of possession and if they can do that they have enough pieces on defense that any team in the league will struggle to beat them. jmo.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-15-2022, 09:59 PM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post
washington was really controlling the time of possession and if they can do that they have enough pieces on defense that any team in the league will struggle to beat them. jmo.

That and I think Philadelphia just thought they needed to show up to win.
How many times have we seen an NFL team go deep in the season undefeated lose their first game to a heavy underdog?
Old 11-16-2022, 12:09 PM   #11
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
How many times have we seen an NFL team go deep in the season undefeated lose their first game to a heavy underdog?
That plus the Eagles matched their previous 8 games' turnovers in that game + another one in the end zone at the end. That was maybe the craziest game ending I've seen a long time. Found myself uttering OMG about three times in the last two minutes or less.
Old 11-16-2022, 12:34 PM   #12
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
When the Cardinals "fell apart" last season after going undefeated to that point.