Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-24-2022, 05:23 PM   #1
Karakorum Kabbage
Veteran

TX elementary school mass shooting

Karakorum Kabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 05:37 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

That's awful. Disgusting. Despicable. And I'm tired of crazy people being allowed to roam free.

Hopefully, we can somehow tie this one to FOX and Tucker again...and somehow maybe Tulsi...lock them all up...Senator Schumer please help us!

Never let a tragedy go to waste!
Old 05-24-2022, 05:38 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Suspect dead? I just read a headline saying he's in custody.

Fog of war I guess...or maybe not...maybe both were true at one time...
Old 05-24-2022, 05:39 PM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Please God I pray the shooter left a MANIFESTO!
Old 05-24-2022, 05:40 PM   #5
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

More wounded and rushed to hospitals.
I heard this school was for grades K-4?
My God, they're babies.
WTF is wrong with people?
Old 05-24-2022, 05:43 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
More wounded and rushed to hospitals.
I heard this school was for grades K-4?
My God, they're babies.
WTF is wrong with people?
Well....when you're crazy these days, it's harder then ever to lock you up and force you to get the help you need.

That's problem #1
Old 05-24-2022, 05:43 PM   #7
tamaharbor

YOU CAN'T SAY SHIT LIKE THIS...SORRY

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-24-2022 at 05:45 PM.
tamaharbor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 05:45 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Problem #2 is a the breakdown of society as a whole...and the general breakdown in the family unit...the breakdown in respect for authority...the breakdown in respect for higher education (higher education being dogshit these days doesn't help)...the breakdown in respect for our fellow human being...the absolute NARCISSISTIC NATURE of our society that has grown to gargantuan proportions since the advent of social media...

I could go on...and on...and on...but I probably should stop...because I'm not doing myself any favors at this point.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:46 PM   #9
Inner Dirt

There needs to be a serious discussion by intelligent professionals on what is causing this crap. It isn't the availability of guns and ammo, they were easier to get when mass shooting were rare. The problem is it seems a lot of experts have and agenda or an opinion that can be purchased.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 05:50 PM   #10
Al Gobbi

would any gun reform make much of a difference though? seems like there are plenty of other avenues to get one or just use other methods of terror (ie bombs) to do damage.
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 05:55 PM   #11
Karakorum Kabbage
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
the absolute NARCISSISTIC NATURE of our society that has grown to gargantuan proportions since the advent of social media...
Social media provides both the fuel and stage that emboldens the angry, disturbed and unhinged to commit these atrocities. What used to be inconceivable is now commonplace thanks to the internet providing every sociopath a showcase.
Karakorum Kabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 05:55 PM   #12
boxcar

Quote:
Problem #2 is a the breakdown of society as a whole...and the general breakdown in the family unit...the breakdown in respect for authority...the breakdown in respect for higher education (higher education being dogshit these days doesn't help)...the breakdown in respect for our fellow human being...the absolute NARCISSISTIC NATURE of our society that has grown to gargantuan proportions since the advent of social media...

I could go on...and on...and on...but I probably should stop...because I'm not doing myself any favors at this point.
As the Good Book predicted:

2 Tim 3:1-4
3:1 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God;
NASB

I think that pretty much sums of the condition of the world, generally, and our nation even more specifically.

May the God of all mercy comfort the survivors.
Old 05-24-2022, 05:57 PM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
As the Good Book predicted:

2 Tim 3:1-4
3:1 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. 2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, 4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God;
NASB

I think that pretty much sums of the condition of the world, generally, and our nation even more specifically.

May the God of all mercy comfort the survivors.
honest to God, I've been thinking more and more lately about how the Bible is kinda nailing this whole thing as it goes down...
Old 05-24-2022, 06:00 PM   #14
Inner Dirt

Quote:

I can't argue with any of that, it could possibly be a little bit of everything you mentioned plus a few other things. When mass shootings were rare every other kid was not diagnosed with a mental disorder and medicated. Boys were not coddled, if a boy came home crying he was picked on his dad would teach him how to fight and tell him most bullies are cowards, and will move on if you fight back. Also kids got ass whippings back when mass shootings were rare.

I have a story about teaching a kid how to fight, it is a long read, might tell it
later. My dad had a closet full of guns and ammo, unlocked. He taught me how to shoot at 7, I was advanced as a child. I was also left alone for long periods of time. I was told I was never to touch or shoot a gun without adult

supervision, we lived in the desert you could shot all over the place.

There is no way in hell I would ever entertain the thought of going in that closet, as I would have got the world's biggest ass whipping, and had no birthday's, Christmas presents till I moved out. I was way more afraid of my parents than the police. I could imagine the crap I would have pulled if I just got a timeout.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-24-2022, 06:01 PM   #15
xtb

There is a complete lack of respect for human life today.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply