Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-28-2022, 02:35 PM   #16
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Do you have a master’s degree from Columbia University?
Me neither.

She’s smarter than the both of us. That doesn’t mean I agree with her politics BTW.

Does having a master's degree indicate how smart someone is? If so, I would guess that Jill Biden with her doctorate is probably in Einstein category with her IQ.
Old 11-28-2022, 02:36 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Trump went to Wharton, one of the best business schools in the country (Ivy League), and TJDave has never had a good thing to say about him...

Obviously, TJDave doesn't REALLY hold where you got a degree in much regard...LOL

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-28-2022 at 02:38 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 02:48 PM   #18
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Trump went to Wharton, one of the best business schools in the country (Ivy League), and TJDave has never had a good thing to say about him...

Obviously, TJDave doesn't REALLY hold where you got a degree in much regard...LOL
https://poetsandquants.com/2019/07/0...family-friend/
Old 11-28-2022, 02:54 PM   #19
jimmyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Looking at her educational background and employment background she isn't very bright. She is obviously an anti-white racist and race baiter like Obama,
and those traits served her well in the positions she held. It is pretty pathetic how she gleams with pride over being a black woman fighting off racism to attain what she has, when she is nothing but a diversity hire. If she was white she would not have the press secretary job in the Biden administration.

Not sure if Peter Principle applies, maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. I don't see the press secretary job as being difficult, it doesn't require any education. I see it as a lateral move from her other jobs. She is obviously unprepared and a little slow, I don't see it as a hard job. I can't see KJP doing any job that requires any type of skill or above room temperature I.Q. intelligence.

If any Democrat wants to rebut this post a video of KJP appearing intelligent.
She’s very good at checking boxes
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 02:57 PM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Does having a master's degree indicate how smart someone is? If so, I would guess that Jill Biden with her doctorate is probably in Einstein category with her IQ.

A master's degree without having common sense is useless. Back in the day I interacted with many a person with a prestigious MBA in business from Pepperdine I would not trust to run a lemonade stand.

I only have an AA degree due to losing a scholarship and a "job" because of a weight lifting accident putting me on the DL and I refused to take a red shirt.
My bad as I thought I would rehab a lot faster than anyone else ever did.

My girlfriend or whatever she now is has a masters and damn near a PHD.
She is a progressive liberal so we are always butting heads and she refuses to source news outside of the liberal MSM. She is always implying anyone who disagrees with her viewpoints is not as smart and informed as she is.
I have challenged her many times to take a series of IQ tests but she refuses, always with a pile of excuses. If it was long ago I would mop the floor with her, but now I honestly don't know, I might win by a head bob.
I have had a lot of concussions in the 40 years since I scored a 172. I admit that was my highest ever and it served up a lot of straight fastballs down the middle of the plate. Lowest I ever got was a 128, I was drinking and the test was full of a bunch of crap that was like poetry and word association, that was a couple years ago.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 03:03 PM   #21
TJDave

Someone who scored a 172 would not be wasting their time here.

Last edited by TJDave; 11-28-2022 at 03:05 PM.
TJDave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 03:15 PM   #22
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
A master's degree without having common sense is useless. Back in the day I interacted with many a person with a prestigious MBA in business from Pepperdine I would not trust to run a lemonade stand.

I only have an AA degree due to losing a scholarship and a "job" because of a weight lifting accident putting me on the DL and I refused to take a red shirt.

She is a progressive liberal so we are always butting heads and she refuses to source news outside of the liberal MSM. She is always implying anyone who disagrees with her viewpoints is not as smart and informed as she is.
I have challenged her many times to take a series of IQ tests but she refuses, always with a pile of excuses. If it was long ago I would mop the floor with her, but now I honestly don't know, I might win by a head bob.
I have had a lot of concussions in the 40 years since I scored a 172. I admit that was my highest ever and it served up a lot of straight fastballs down the middle of the plate. Lowest I ever got was a 128, I was drinking and the test was full of a bunch of crap that was like poetry and word association, that was a couple years ago.
Has she transitioned?
Old 11-28-2022, 03:47 PM   #23
FakeNameChanged

Quote:

Twelve step program?
Old 11-28-2022, 05:12 PM   #24
Inner Dirt

Quote:

I said that was the highest ever and was 40 years, and a lot of concussions ago. It was also a test I found easy as it was full of math and engineering questions. I was also fresh out of school.
Old 11-28-2022, 05:51 PM   #25
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Those tests are pretty weird if you ask me. I go from 140-155 years ago….avg about 150 but that was back when they allowed these tests in schools. I’m told they outlawed them in schools in Ohio. The online ones seem to be extra easy or extra hard.

I think on a good day and a few good guesses could push you into the 170 area when you could really be much less
Old 11-28-2022, 06:04 PM   #26
thaskalos

Einstein's IQ was only 160.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 06:48 PM   #27
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Those tests are pretty weird if you ask me. I go from 140-155 years ago….avg about 150 but that was back when they allowed these tests in schools. I’m told they outlawed them in schools in Ohio. The online ones seem to be extra easy or extra hard.

I think on a good day and a few good guesses could push you into the 170 area when you could really be much less

Those tests are all over the place, the 172 was on a test loaded that had a lot of math and engineering questions. It had stuff with pulleys, belts, gear ratios, crap I could just look at and get the correct answer, since the tests were timed that gave me the edge over someone that would have to use pen and paper, and then there were others that had no idea how to solve the problems.

I can still do math in my head better than most people but I used to be able to beat a calculator. I used to be able to quickly estimate place pay-offs before they posted that stuff. I showed my track buddies how to do it using a calculator, they finally said f-that I will ask you it is faster. No way I could do that anymore. That was a needed skill to decide whether to play a win-place instead of a win bet only. Remember back in the day California had a limited wagering menu compared to the east coast, some races were WPS only.

Another skill I had that would eventually useless was to quickly long hand
mathematical problems that combined trigonometry and geometry, used to program computer controlled metal working machines to make contours. Most people struggled to layout the formulas and then if they did they needed to use a scientific calculator to compute them. I could do a lot of the common functions in my head. That skill was made obsolete with the advances of CAD systems. Sure am glad I did not become a Unabomber.
His math skills being replaced by a computer is what drove him over the edge.

The 128 test I would call a joke, I think someone on LSD would have outscored me. It had as bunch of crap like poetry type garbage and weird word association.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:01 PM   #28
thaskalos

Quote:
Those tests are all over the place, the 172 was on a test loaded that had a lot of math and engineering questions. It had stuff with pulleys, belts, gear ratios, crap I could just look at and get the correct answer, since the tests were timed that gave me the edge over someone that would have to use pen and paper, and then there were others that had no idea how to solve the problems.

I can still do math in my head better than most people but I used to be able to beat a calculator. I used to be able to quickly estimate place pay-offs before they posted that stuff. I showed my track buddies how to do it using a calculator, they finally said f-that I will ask you it is faster. No way I could do that anymore. That was a needed skill to decide whether to play a win-place instead of a win bet only. Remember back in the day California had a limited wagering menu compared to the east coast, some races were WPS only.

Another skill I had that would eventually useless was to quickly long hand
mathematical problems that combined trigonometry and geometry, used to program computer controlled metal working machines to make contours. Most people struggled to layout the formulas and then if they did they needed to use a scientific calculator to compute them. I could do a lot of the common functions in my head. That skill was made obsolete with the advances of CAD systems. Sure am glad I did not become a Unabomber.
His math skills being replaced by a computer is what drove him over the edge.

The 128 test I would call a joke, I think someone on LSD would have outscored me. It had as bunch of crap like poetry type garbage and weird word association.
An IQ score of 128 is considered "VERY SUPERIOR"...and is shared by only 2.2% of the population. And that's the LOWEST score that you've ever gotten, after so many concussions and while you were DRUNK?

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-28-2022 at 07:09 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 07:55 PM   #29
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
An IQ score of 128 is considered "VERY SUPERIOR"...and is shared by only 2.2% of the population. And that's the LOWEST score that you've ever gotten, after so many concussions and while you were DRUNK?

I just took one and threw in the towel, it was a joke. I am still recovering from a concussion and then the cat jumped on the desk. He likes to head butt me and my mouse hand. I tried to stay in the pocket but the growing head pressure and the cat just made me take a ghost sack. I was up to 105, only answering 71% of the questions, I still had half the time left but it was too annoying under the circumstances. It was all on geometrical object progression, if that is the proper nomenclature. I need some Advil and to step away for awhile before my head explodes.
Old 11-29-2022, 01:52 PM   #30
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Masters from Columbia and doesn't know how to pronounce Nobel...GENIUS!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: