Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-12-2022, 09:37 AM   #76
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
If people are going to be advocating for WW3, at least make it worth something....you said the WORLD IS ON THE BRINK!

How did it get there...AND more importantly WHY?

Surely it shouldn't be over Ukraine. Step back for a moment and put your Mr. Rational hat on.
I can think of many things, but one thing that has not and will not cross my mind is that the USA or NATO put it there.

My thoughts lay somewhere with the idea that Mr Putin is upset because he couldn't put the band back together. He doesn't like that other members of the band have moved on the greener pastures and his sphere of influence is decreasing.

Probably anything you say here, or that current Russian Federation members say is not going to change my mind.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2022, 09:41 AM   #77
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Not so much respect, more relief. Biden is a wimp, a sucker, a pushover. He toes the climate scheme, hands out money it grows on tress, and is no threat to them.

Trump made NATO pay up, questioned Ukrain, was tough.

He is the kind of leader I want. I want, not Crazy Uncle Fluffy.
That's understandable, but then you end up with guys like Xi and Putin and JongUn. You can be strong without being a bully or a killer.

He did make NATO pay. Which was good I will agree. The guy didn't do all bad, in fact he did some very good stuff, work at the border wasn't bad either!

I would just prefer an approach other that the "bull in a China shop" routine.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:47 AM   #78
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
I can think of many things, but one thing that has not and will not cross my mind is that the USA or NATO put it there.

My thoughts lay somewhere with the idea that Mr Putin is upset because he couldn't put the band back together. He doesn't like that other members of the band have moved on the greener pastures and his sphere of influence is decreasing.

Probably anything you say here, or that current Russian Federation members say is not going to change my mind.
I recall Russia invading Ukraine during the Obama years, and not once did I hear that the WORLD WAS ON THE BRINK.

Odd.
Old 11-12-2022, 09:48 AM   #79
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Are you saying that DeSantis can?

~
Jesus Christ couldn't win as a Republican in New York or California even if He promised Democrats eternal salvation. Democrats response would be "how bad can Hell be?"
Old 11-12-2022, 09:57 AM   #80
zico20

The Republicans have to go with DeSantis, he will easily win the presidency. Trump, while he had a great four years, isn't a sure thing. Remember this, at least 10% of the voters pick their candidate based on who they like more. It is a popularity contest. Look back since 1952 and the most likeable candidate has pretty much won every single election. Trump alienates way too many independents and suburban women.
Old 11-12-2022, 10:04 AM   #81
mhaney0423

Quote:
I recall Russia invading Ukraine during the Obama years, and not once did I hear that the WORLD WAS ON THE BRINK.

Odd.
That actually was not my quote, I was responding to Margie saying that. I do not believe we are on any brink of World War or Nuclear war. Putin is many things, but stupid is not one of them.

If a nuclear war starts it will be some small player that starts it......think N Korea or Iran if the get their hands on nukes.
Old 11-12-2022, 12:11 PM   #82
MargieRose

Quote:
That actually was not my quote, I was responding to Margie saying that. I do not believe we are on any brink of World War or Nuclear war. Putin is many things, but stupid is not one of them.

If a nuclear war starts it will be some small player that starts it......think N Korea or Iran if the get their hands on nukes.
Biden’s rhetoric brings the world to the brink of war
By Rep. Andy Biggs - - Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Quote:
His reckless, unclear statements are dangerous.
Quote:
In the days just passed, Mr. Biden has implied that America will use chemical weapons against Russia, that American troops will be deployed in Ukraine to fight Russian invaders and that Mr. Putin needs to be booted. A trifecta of talk that diminishes the value of diplomacy with Russia to deescalate the Ukraine-Russia War, while making America the target of derision around the world.

Crazy “Uncle Joe” doesn’t just have a propensity for the malaprop, he has increasingly developed into a verbal time bomb that periodically explodes, leaving the nation vulnerable to the fallout of his deteriorating oratory and mental skills.

When Mr. Biden became president, many who voted for him did so because they thought he had a nicer “tone” than former President Donald Trump. “No more mean tweets,” was their mantra. As they watch the havoc imposed on America by a doddering, incompetent like Mr. Biden, they surely must have buyer’s remorse.

When he isn’t blowing up the American economy, Mr. Biden is bringing the world to the brink of a general war, the likes of which haven’t been experienced since World War II.

As the anti-mean tweeters believed, rhetoric matters. And, when Mr. Biden gets behind the wheel of the communication bus, it is always just a matter of moments before he drives America over the cliff with some outrageous comment or another.
Tulsi Gabbard Says Biden 'Pushing Us to the Brink of a Nuclear Holocaust'

Quote:
In the interview aired on Tucker Carlson Tonight, Gabbard double-downed on comments made in her Twitter announcement, arguing that decisions made by Biden and leaders in Congress "are actively pushing us to the brink of a nuclear holocaust."
Do you need more from in-the-know government officials to convince you of impending doom, if Biden himself (not N. Korea; not Iran; not some other small player) is not subdued?

~

Last edited by MargieRose; 11-12-2022 at 12:12 PM.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2022, 12:37 PM   #83
mhaney0423

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Biden’s rhetoric brings the world to the brink of war
By Rep. Andy Biggs - - Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Tulsi Gabbard Says Biden 'Pushing Us to the Brink of a Nuclear Holocaust'

Do you need more from in-the-know government officials to convince you of impending doom, if Biden himself (not N. Korea; not Iran; not some other small player) is not subdued?

~
Sorry, I just don't see anyone you quoted as "in the know", and definitely one of them is trying her hardest to maintain her relevance. I actually liked her, sad to see her go the route she has......when the going gets tough.....quit. Then go and complain to anyone who will listen!
Old 11-12-2022, 01:03 PM   #84
Inner Dirt

Quote:

With how pathetic his armed forces are, I beg to differ.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2022, 06:48 PM   #85
fast4522

Quote:

There will not be one, we will premptive fry to a crisp anyone without using any ICBM of our own. The technology will be used before anyone can reverse it or publish it. Our technology protecting our soft targets is advancing faster than anyone would expect and is very impressive. Things done currently at our major ports is impressive in itself, just think x times better of what will be deployed soon.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2022, 07:08 PM   #86
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:

Putin is evil and if the rumors about him having Cancer & Parkinson's disease are true, then he will love to take the rest of the world with him when he goes.
Old 11-12-2022, 08:34 PM   #87
davew

Quote:

Odd.
That is because 0bama let the world know what his RED LINEwas
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2022, 09:35 PM   #88
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
It turned out to be a pink smudge.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2022, 01:15 AM   #89
elysiantraveller

Quote:
He did make NATO pay. Which was good I will agree. The guy didn't do all bad, in fact he did some very good stuff, work at the border wasn't bad either!
He didn't but that's what they like to tell themselves.

Putin made sure they started again though.
Old 11-13-2022, 01:17 AM   #90
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
The red line was in Syria and yes that was a major fuck-up.