Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-13-2022, 07:34 PM   #1
Gander36

I'll Give Anyone $500

Today's Race 9 at Horseshoe Indiana (QH Race)

Original Order of Finish: 8 6 7

Challenge: Watch the replay pan and head-on, then provide me with a viable explanation why the 6 horse was disqualified from 2nd, and placed 3rd.

Because it cost me a $300+ Exacta.

Thanks.

(you will see the stewards made a huge mistake)
Gander36 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 07:53 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander36 View Post

Challenge: Watch the replay pan and head-on, then provide me with a viable explanation why the 6 horse was disqualified from 2nd, and placed 3rd.

Thanks.

The explanation is in the chart comments, albeit it a fuzzy one. My interpretation is that the 6 was DQed for fouling the 5, but then the 5 was DQed for fouling the 4 and 3.

Maybe like this:

8 6 7 5 4

6 DQed behind 5, so now 8 7 5 6 3 4

Then 5 is DQed behind 4, so 8 7 6 3 5 4
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 08:28 PM   #3
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
The explanation is in the chart comments, albeit it a fuzzy one. My interpretation is that the 6 was DQed for fouling the 5, but then the 5 was DQed for fouling the 4 and 3.

Maybe like this:

8 6 7 5 4

6 DQed behind 5, so now 8 7 5 6 3 4

Then 5 is DQed behind 4, so 8 7 6 3 5 4

westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2022, 08:54 PM   #4
wisconsin

Quote:

Thanks.

A real head scratcher. The drifted in as equally as the . Why does the supercede the "foul" committed by the . I do not understand that the did not cause the to move inward, and am befuddled as to why the is not placed behind the .

Strange
Old 09-13-2022, 08:58 PM   #5
Gander36

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
A real head scratcher. The drifted in as equally as the . Why does the supercede the "foul" committed by the . I do not understand that the did not cause the to move inward, and am befuddled as to why the is not placed behind the .

Strange
Yeah. The placing is confusing. It costs people a pretty nice trifecta too. I felt the 5 drifted in and the 6 just followed along. The replay never shows the 6 withing a body width of the 5.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:30 PM   #6
wisconsin

Quote:
Yeah. The placing is confusing. It costs people a pretty nice trifecta too. I felt the 5 drifted in and the 6 just followed along. The replay never shows the 6 withing a body width of the 5.

I will argue that both the and drifted inward through the stretch, but they were "clear" when it began, and when the gathered momentum, the was in his way. Bad racing luck is all I saw there.
Old 09-13-2022, 10:23 PM   #7
lamboguy

very sad, i wanted the $500. i have no good explanation for this, but i didn't have a good one for NICHOLES DREAM either 15 years ago.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2022, 09:23 AM   #8
v j stauffer

& were clearly bothered and cost an opportunity at a better placing.

Now the job of the Stewards is to place blame.

IMO this was a fascinating piece of film with many nuances and ultimately a VERY subjective decision that could have gone many ways.

First I watched the race as a whole.

Then went back and watched only as though wasn't in the race.

Then went back again and watched only and though wasn't in the race.

First let's talk about the start. There was contact between & which was initiated by coming inward.

During the running drifted inward taking the path of &

Now comes the really tough question. Was intimidated and forced inward by
who was also drifting inward? Did cause to shy away as he came closer? If you think the answer is YES blamed can be placed on .

It's close but IMO the answer is NO. When a horse drifts inward other horses will tend to follow them down. Especially young green horses that are still learning.

John G Dooley said the horses were juveniles so that makes sense.

IMO the rider of didn't make sufficient effort to maintain his straight path. Had he would the continued inward and made contact? I don't think so. I say this because the rider of did correct when he realized he had come inward a couple paths. After that correction STILL continued his inward drift. Most of the damage had been done but I feel it made the case as to who was at fault.

DECISION: DISQUALIFIED AND PLACED BEHIND NO ACTION TAKEN AGAINST

I would tell the rider of at morning film review that he could have reacted and straightened his mount quicker and to work on that.
Old 09-14-2022, 09:28 AM   #9
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post

IMO this was a fascinating piece of film with many nuances and ultimately a VERY subjective decision that could have gone many ways.

First let's talk about the start. There was contact between & which was initiated by coming inward.

who was also drifting inward? Did cause to shy away as he came closer? If you think the answer is YES blamed can be placed on .

It's close but IMO the answer is NO. When a horse drifts inward other horses will tend to follow them down. Especially young green horses that are still learning.

IMO the rider of didn't make sufficient effort to maintain his straight path. Had he would the continued inward and made contact? I don't think so. I say this because the rider of did correct when he realized he had come inward a couple paths. After that correction STILL continued his inward drift. Most of the damage had been done but I feel it made the case as to who was at fault.

I would tell the rider of at morning film review that he could have reacted and straightened his mount quicker and to work on that.

^ This is why you are a Steward and I am not. Thank you for the explanation.
Old 09-14-2022, 09:34 AM   #10
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

By the way, just donate the $500 to Old Friends.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2022, 10:37 AM   #11
Gander36

Quote:

Well analyzed. Still confused on WHY, if the 6 interfered with the 5 (the only possible horse he could have interfered with), why he was only moved to 3rd and not below the 5.

The disqualification cost me the exacta, but by only moving below the 7, who was 15 yards away on the outside, trifecta tickets were affected too.
Old 09-14-2022, 07:19 PM   #12
jameegray1

Quote:
Well analyzed. Still confused on WHY, if the 6 interfered with the 5 (the only possible horse he could have interfered with), why he was only moved to 3rd and not below the 5.

The disqualification cost me the exacta, but by only moving below the 7, who was 15 yards away on the outside, trifecta tickets were affected too.
In what was deemed to be two separate incidents; was first DQ'd behind but then was DQ'd behind

Result at post was:
1st 8
2nd 6 7 (DH)
4th 5
5th 3

DQ's are dealt with in order of occurrence;
> Firstly 6 was DQ'd behind 5, leaving 8/7/5/6/3
> Then 5 was DQ'd behind 3, leaving the final result 8/7/6/3/5

Last edited by jameegray1; 09-14-2022 at 07:25 PM.
jameegray1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2022, 10:28 PM   #13
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameegray1 View Post
In what was deemed to be two separate incidents; was first DQ'd behind but then was DQ'd behind

Result at post was:
1st 8
2nd 6 7 (DH)
4th 5
5th 3

DQ's are dealt with in order of occurrence;
> Firstly 6 was DQ'd behind 5, leaving 8/7/5/6/3
> Then 5 was DQ'd behind 3, leaving the final result 8/7/6/3/5

IMO the order of finish should be 8-7-4-3-2-10-1-5-6

Even though the chronology of the alleged incidents was then

By rule the can NEVER be allowed to be placed in front of a singular horse he fouled.

As I stated before. If it was me. I would not have changed the 's placing. I didn't see him cost anyone an opportunity at a better placing.

VERY INTERESTING RACE.

If you think that one was tough. Try this one on for size from this summer at Energy Downs in Gillette Wy

Spoiler alert. The was placed 2nd and the placed 3rd in the single most ludicrous Stewards decision in the history of pari-mutuel racing..

Last edited by v j stauffer; 09-15-2022 at 10:32 PM.
v j stauffer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2022, 10:46 PM   #14
v j stauffer

SORRY

8-7-3-4-2-10-1-5-6
Old 09-15-2022, 11:42 PM   #15
wisconsin

Quote:
IMO the order of finish should be 8-7-4-3-2-10-1-5-6

Even though the chronology of the alleged incidents was then

By rule the can NEVER be allowed to be placed in front of a singular horse he fouled.

As I stated before. If it was me. I would not have changed the 's placing. I didn't see him cost anyone an opportunity at a better placing.

VERY INTERESTING RACE.

If you think that one was tough. Try this one on for size from this summer at Energy Downs in Gillette Wy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjogHCOcWH0

Spoiler alert. The was placed 2nd and the placed 3rd in the single most ludicrous Stewards decision in the history of pari-mutuel racing..
Re: The race you posted

How was it not there? I get it, the and were compromised, but what did the or do there?

Last edited by wisconsin; 09-15-2022 at 11:44 PM.
wisconsin is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: