Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-01-2022, 09:05 PM   #541
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The court giveth and the court taketh away.
ie, Roe v Wade.

But you posted that one opinion, I am asking if that premise is still true in today's world. Why is that lame? Either you think it is or you don't.

Your words....
"and every other terrible implement of the soldier,"

Last edited by Tom; 06-01-2022 at 09:11 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2022, 09:36 PM   #542
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The court giveth and the court taketh away.
ie, Roe v Wade.

But you posted that one opinion, I am asking if that premise is still true in today's world. Why is that lame? Either you think it is or you don't.

Your words....
"and every other terrible implement of the soldier,"
Actually, Tenche Coxe's words, not mine, but they give insight to the thinking of the founders. If you aren't impressed with Coxe, how about Thomas Jefferson: "No free man shall be debarred the use of arms."

But to answer your reductio ad absurdum argument, no, Coxe's premise is not still applicable. The courts have ruled on that, and I don't know of anyone who argues that average citizens should own nukes or land mines.

Tell me: how do you propose to get the 20 million (and counting) AR-15 style rifles, the best selling rifle in the country and which meets the "common use" test, out of circulation? Confiscation?
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2022, 09:47 PM   #543
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
Actually, Tenche Coxe's words, not mine, but they give insight to the thinking of the founders. If you aren't impressed with Coxe, how about Thomas Jefferson: "No free man shall be debarred the use of arms."

But to answer your reductio ad absurdum argument, no, Coxe's premise is not still applicable. The courts have ruled on that, and I don't know of anyone who argues that average citizens should own nukes or land mines.

Tell me: how do you propose to get the 20 million (and counting) AR-15 style rifles, the best selling rifle in the country and which meets the "common use" test, out of circulation? Confiscation?

Whoopi has a plan and she said all the gun owners should also be arrested.
How anyone can listen to her or Joy Behr is baffling, I just see their stupid quotes making headlines on liberal MSN.Com.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2022, 12:22 PM   #544
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The way the media talks about 1/6 here in the states, you would have THOUGHT the proud boys or some other group DID bring a militia to the capital armed to the teeth...
Absolutely. I only get CNN up here. I thought you guys had a coup going on, then I realized it was CNN reporting
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2022, 12:31 PM   #545
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Canada and the USA have basically the same land mass, yet you have the population of California. Densely populated cities are crime hubs, we have a lot more of those than you have. We share a 2,000 mile leaky border with a 3rd world country with 4-5x our homicide rate, over which drugs and future gang members flow. Of course liberals want to welcome 3rd world country low skilled people and criminals with open arms, there aren't many doctors, scientists and engineers climbing the wall and swimming the Rio Grande.
How many minority gang members who shoot people for being "disrespected"
and over gang turf, do you have? They commit most of the mass shootings,
not the white racist types in Buffalo, or the general nut case types in Uvalde, Texas, those are just the ones that get the press coverage.

We could easily diminish the gang population in this country by strict enforcement of gun laws, among over things, but the liberals will scream racism, as most your gun law violators are minority street gangs.
Agree with most of what you said but Toronto, our biggest city ranks 7th by population in North America, yet we would rank probably rank between 75 to 100in gun deaths. Our strict gun laws make a difference. We have a gang problem here as well. Enforcing the existing gun laws would not have prevented Uvalde and Buffalo.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2022, 01:19 PM   #546
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

My point exactly.
The 2nd is not absolute and neither guns nor society are anything at all like ther were back then. Some of the FF argued that the well regulated militia woud be required to meet anually to ensure their readiness. We now have our military which pretty much renders part of the amenment obsolete. If unlimited rights to own guns was their intention, all that needed to be writen was "The right to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged." End of story. But they added a qualifier that is no longer valid.

In the Heller case, the Court took liberty to set up rules that should be set up by the legislature.
Old 06-02-2022, 01:47 PM   #547
Mulerider

Quote:
My point exactly.
The 2nd is not absolute and neither guns nor society are anything at all like ther were back then. Some of the FF argued that the well regulated militia woud be required to meet anually to ensure their readiness. We now have our military which pretty much renders part of the amenment obsolete. If unlimited rights to own guns was their intention, all that needed to be writen was "The right to keep and bear arms shall not be abridged." End of story. But they added a qualifier that is no longer valid.

In the Heller case, the Court took liberty to set up rules that should be set up by the legislature.
That's all well and good, except it completely ignores the contemporaneous writings, speeches, and letters of many of the founders that clearly show they intended the right to keep and bear arms to be an individual right, never mind their concerns and distrust of a standing army.

So how would you go about removing 20 million+ AR-15s from circulation?
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2022, 02:18 PM   #548
Inner Dirt

Quote:
That's all well and good, except it completely ignores the contemporaneous writings, speeches, and letters of many of the founders that clearly show they intended the right to keep and bear arms to be an individual right, never mind their concerns and distrust of a standing army.

Whoopi's plan is either people voluntarily turn over their guns or their friends and neighbors rat them out, then they get arrested and their guns taken.
Who the hell listens to her or Joy Behar's dumb ass?
Old 06-02-2022, 02:27 PM   #549
MutuelClerk

Apparently you.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2022, 02:58 PM   #550
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

1. The Constitution is the official document, not writings, speeches, etc, as the FF did not agree, so all we can go by is the signed document.

2. You can't, never said you could or should.
Old 06-02-2022, 04:18 PM   #551
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
Apparently you.

I just see the MSN headlines as I have had a hotmail e-mail address forever and I have weather there. I just see the absurd headlines.
Old 06-02-2022, 07:15 PM   #552
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

Good post.
Old 06-02-2022, 07:47 PM   #553
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Biden says the gun industry is the only one that has immunity against the harm its' products cause.

Uh, 'scuse me Asshole, what about your F****** VACCINES?
Old 06-02-2022, 08:08 PM   #554
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Biden says the gun industry is the only one that has immunity against the harm its' products cause.

Uh, 'scuse me Asshole, what about your F****** VACCINES?
He forgot that one…….like everything else
Old 06-02-2022, 08:11 PM   #555
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
He forgot that one…….like everything else
Biden seen entering a liquor store.......