Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-30-2022, 04:53 PM   #481
Inner Dirt

More Biden for those of you that get your information from him:

President Biden on Monday took aim at 9mm handguns, appearing to suggest that the "high-caliber weapons" ought to be banned.
The president made the remarks outside the White House after returning from a visit to the site of a mass shooting in Texas where 21 people, including 19 elementary school children, were killed last week.
Recounting a visit to a New York trauma hospital, Biden said doctors showed him X-rays of gunshot wounds.
"They said a .22-caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out — may be able to get it and save the life. A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body," Biden said.

At least a 9mm is higher caliber than the .223 he referred to as high caliber in San Diego. So is Biden full of crap or was the doctor full of crap about 9mm bullets blowing lung out of the body. Or is it a little bit of both? Why does he continue to spew lies and nonsense over and over? I honestly had no idea Biden was this bad, did he show signs of this kind of crap when he was VP?

I could not stand Obama so much I pretty much tuned them both out for 8 years.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2022, 04:57 PM   #482
davew

democrat politicians spew lies because their cult followers and most in the media believe it.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2022, 05:01 PM   #483
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
democrat politicians spew lies because their cult followers and most in the media believe it.
It's not a lie if you believe it. It's ignorance and/or delusion.
Old 05-30-2022, 05:25 PM   #484
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Re: Traffic Fatalaties Uptick

Should be easy to explain.

I see it everywhere I look.

The drivers of just about every other vehicle are looking at their phones.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 05-30-2022 at 05:26 PM.
Jeff P is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-30-2022, 05:47 PM   #485
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

[QUOTE=jocko699;2807788]According to the National Safety Council there were a little over 42k people that died in vehicular accidents in 2020.

This is compared to under 20k deaths related to guns for which 50% are due to suicide.[/QUOT

OK, then let's be fair and remove all the car accidents that were not intentional.
Old 05-30-2022, 05:49 PM   #486
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Should be easy to explain.

I see it everywhere I look.

The drivers of just about every other vehicle are looking at their phones.

-jp

Or fleeing gunfire!
Old 05-30-2022, 05:55 PM   #487
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I didn't cherry-pick. I just took the first research result that came up.

2020 Car Deaths:

Itasca, IL – For the first time since 2007, preliminary data from the National Safety Council show that as many as 42,060 people are estimated to have died in motor vehicle crashes in 2020. That marks an 8% increase over 2019 in a year where people drove significantly less frequently because of the pandemic. The preliminary estimated rate of death on the roads last year spiked 24% over the previous 12-month period, despite miles driven dropping 13%. The increase in the rate of death is the highest estimated year-over-year jump that NSC has calculated since 1924 – 96 years. It underscores the nation’s persistent failure to prioritize safety on the roads, which became emptier but far more deadly.

How did you come up with 45,000+? I think you're a wee bit off.
https://publichealth.jhu.edu/2022/ne...an-one-third]]

Old 05-30-2022, 07:32 PM   #488
boxcar

[quote=Tom;2807817]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
According to the National Safety Council there were a little over 42k people that died in vehicular accidents in 2020.

This is compared to under 20k deaths related to guns for which 50% are due to suicide.[/QUOT

OK, then let's be fair and remove all the car accidents that were not intentional.
A non sequitur. Again, I ask the same two questions asked previously that explains why your condition is a non sequitur:

1. Are the people who died by non-intentional car accidents any less dead than those killed intentionally by guns?

2.) Were the lives of those lost by non-intentional car accidents worth less than the lives of those who died as a result of intentional gunfire?
Old 05-30-2022, 08:29 PM   #489
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

[quote=boxcar;2807842]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

A non sequitur. Again, I ask the same two questions asked previously that explains why your condition is a non sequitur:

1. Are the people who died by non-intentional car accidents any less dead than those killed intentionally by guns?

2.) Were the lives of those lost by non-intentional car accidents worth less than the lives of those who died as a result of intentional gunfire?
Maybe you should try reading more and lecturing less.
This is NOT about comparing car deaths and gun deaths.
YOU brought up the question opf how is regulating driving working. I replied by showing that regulating cars and drivibg has indeed reduced deaths over the decades, WITH NO INFRINGMENT ON OUR RIGHTS TO DRIVE.

That being accomplished not by taking away rights, not outlawing cars, but a sensible and comprehensive program of topics to address multiple causes of the deaths.The 2nd ammenment says we have a right to keep and bear arms because a well regulated militia was needed to protect the free state.

Where does the well reulated part come in, in your opinion?
Old 05-30-2022, 09:18 PM   #490
P.Rosa
Gambler

[quote=Tom;2807853]
Quote:

Where does the well regulated part come in, in your opinion?
Without an armed populace a well regulated armed militia cannot be assembled.
Old 05-31-2022, 12:26 AM   #491
Mulerider

[quote=Tom;2807853]
Quote:

Where does the well reulated part come in, in your opinion?

In 18th century usage, "well-regulated" simply meant "properly equipped" or "in good working order", like a well-regulated clock.

Not just my opinion. Antonin Scalia confirmed it in D.C. v Heller, 2008
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 12:34 AM   #492
Elkchester Road

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...-mass-shooting

It NEVER takes long for "Democrats" to show their true colors while Politicizing a Tragedy. Is there ever a time they don't overplay their hand???
Old 05-31-2022, 08:26 AM   #493
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Took that morally superior route to heart huh?

Brass Tacks: our governing documents have a built in safeguard against government tyranny.

The 2nd amendment is there so that we may kill those in our government and defend ourselves against foreign invaders.

The founders didn’t realize we would grow into such pussies that we would never ever have the balls to use the power they gave us.

The lunatics who shoot up schools are a by-product of that same pussification of the country. The lack of teaching and the lack of discipline in our society, along with lack of prosecution and willingness to punish those who are just plain evil has resulted in madmen getting away with these terrible acts. But you do not remove the rights of 320 million people because of a few wingnuts.

Now in Canada you have no recourse against your government. Not even an implied one. You have very little in the way of defense forces and you rely on the U.S. Military’s geographical closeness and shared border.

But what the hell……your such nice people
It has nothing to do with being morally superior, It's common sense. You still didn't give me a reason as to why this continues to happen except for the fact that your people have become soft? As far as I know mass shooters are killed during the event or end up spending the rest of their lives in jail. Which madmen are you talking about that have "gotten" away with a mass shooting? When the constitution was written, women weren't allowed to vote and you could have slaves. Times change and consequences force amendments to the constitution. This is one of those times. I said to someone else if the government comes for you, You're screwed. I don't care what type or how many guns you have you're finished. Just ask the people from Waco or Ruby Ridge. You're right in Canada we don't have a recourse except our vote. I thought that's how Democracy works, maybe not in Texas.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2022, 08:28 AM   #494
azeri98

Quote:
You truly are dense! It doesn't matter if deaths are intentional or unintentional! Are people killed in or by cars less dead than those killed by bullets that were intentionally fired at them!? Yet...there are far more deaths by car accidents every year than by homicides. Shouldn't we pass much stricter vehicle control laws to get the death rates lowered?
You're dense. It doesn't matter if deaths are intentional? Wow that's just nuts!
Old 05-31-2022, 08:29 AM   #495
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Pretty damn good, actually.
Deaths per 1,000 miles of road down about 40% from the late 60's, when it was just under 15 to around 10+ now.
Why?

Because we mandate safety features in the cars themselves, we require annual inspections to maintain vehicle safety, we require vision tests of drivers periodically, require drivers to be insured, do speed checks on highways, set up DWI checkpoints, hold bars responsible for over serving.......we address the vehicles and the drivers.

And guess what, no one's right to drive has been infringed.

Thanks for asking.
Just goes to show you can solve problems when you open your mind.
Finally a voice of reason.