Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-29-2022, 03:24 PM   #421
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
The United States has 31% of the mass shooting in the world with only 5% of the world's population. Gun zealots will tell you it's about mental health. Either the states has an inordinate amount of mentally ill people or too many guns
Mental illness is the biggest issue here. I don't own a firearm, yet I don't believe firearms is the problem.

Every once in awhile you see an armed citizen stop a mass killing (such as this past week). Those instances are the best argument against any form of gun control.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2022, 04:05 PM   #422
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I don't own a firearm, yet I don't believe firearms is the problem.
Weren't you looking at moving to Marshall? You can't live in East Texas without owning at least two.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2022, 04:20 PM   #423
Inner Dirt

Quote:
The United States has 31% of the mass shooting in the world with only 5% of the world's population. Gun zealots will tell you it's about mental health. Either the states has an inordinate amount of mentally ill people or too many guns

Of course your liberal views make it impossible to speak of the perpetrator that commits the highest percentage of those 31% of the world's mass shootings, hint it isn't a bullied kid shooting up a school, or a white racist shooting up grocery stores.

You seem to be allergic to any facts that don't fit your narrative, which is typical of today's modern liberal, which means the mass shooting epidemic in this country will never be solved, as half the population refuses to educate themselves on the root causes of the gun violence problem.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2022, 04:28 PM   #424
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post

We are NOT the country with the most violent crime. Murder rates per 100k from 2018. SOURCE: Statista
El Salvador 52
Jamaica 43
Lesotho 43
Honduras 38

Where does America land on this list? SOURCE: FBI.gov

LESS than 5 homicides/100k.

Do note the murder rate in Mexico is 4-5 times that of the USA, yet liberals like open borders to the south. Most liberals to me seem to just have no common sense, regardless of their intelligence. They think most all of the illegal border crossers are hard working poor that just want jobs to feed their families, and no way in hell violent criminals would come here.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:43 PM   #425
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
There are lots of illegal fully auto weapons out there on the streets.

Most are easily altered by bad guys. They don’t care …….if it’s illegal.

Ever heard of a Glock switch? I was pretty shocked how easily you can turn

a 9mm pistol full auto. I watched a video, it was kind of funny as a person reporting on illegal guns fired one, who obviously didn't know what he was in for. The thing spit out 30 rounds pretty quick, I think the guy hit the target once as he was all over the place.

I saw a picture of the switch kit, it still would take a moderately equipped machine shop and decent skill to make. So John Doe isn't going to alter his gun without buying a kit that you could hide in the palm of your hand.
But, once Joe Doe buys that illicit kit it is probably a 15-30 min job to convert to full auto.
Old 05-29-2022, 05:31 PM   #426
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Do note the murder rate in Mexico is 4-5 times that of the USA, yet liberals like open borders to the south. Most liberals to me seem to just have no common sense, regardless of their intelligence. They think most all of the illegal border crossers are hard working poor that just want jobs to feed their families, and no way in hell violent criminals would come here.
I disagree with you here. They want as many illegal here as possible for one reason: To get their votes! Period! Why do you think Obama and now Biden has shipped as many of these illegals as possible to red states?
Old 05-29-2022, 05:46 PM   #427
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I disagree with you here. They want as many illegal here as possible for one reason: To get their votes! Period! Why do you think Obama and now Biden has shipped as many of these illegals as possible to red states?

I was just stating the attitude of the liberal voter, where they call people racists that don't want unskilled 3rd world country labor, and all the crime the people with ill intent bring along.

I completely understand Democrat politicians see them all as future voters.
Old 05-29-2022, 06:15 PM   #428
boxcar

Quote:
I was just stating the attitude of the liberal voter, where they call people racists that don't want unskilled 3rd world country labor, and all the crime the people with ill intent bring along.

I completely understand Democrat politicians see them all as future voters.
Most liberal voters are either brain-dead or turn a blind eye to the obvious in order to help their liberal politicians push their commie agenda through. All you have to do, though, is read between the lines when any meathead liberal chants: EVERY VOTE COUNTS; AND EVERY VOTE MUST BE COUNTED. They mean that literally no matter if the votes are from dead people, from people no longer on voting rolls, from illegals, from people imported into a state from another to cast an illegal vote, from the mentally incompetent.. from wherever.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:04 PM   #429
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
How many gun owners in this country are "going out with intention to kill"?
Obviously too many. It happens more often in the U.S than anywhere else.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2022, 09:09 PM   #430
davew

Quote:
Obviously too many. It happens more often in the U.S than anywhere else.
you have been getting/giving crap information (but it must make you feel good)

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...more%20rows%20
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2022, 09:12 PM   #431
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Canada ranks high on the list of number of guns per people...yes, NO COUNTRY tops the USA...but Canada is right up there near the top of the list in the worldwide rankings.

Where does Canada rank in terms of gun violence and murders?
Guns yes, But not the type of weapons you have. You also have to take a safety course before you can buy a handgun. You also can't carry a gun on your person and when travelling with it, it must be kept locked in a secure compartment in your trunk. They also can't be loaded.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:14 PM   #432
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
As far as I know, there is no military in the world using the AR-15.

What weapon are you talking about?
I should have said military style, inflicting the most amount of da\mage in a short period of time
Old 05-29-2022, 09:19 PM   #433
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
You sure about that... I know it's a CNN... MSNBC talking point. But it's mis/disinformation. Facts below.

We are NOT the country with the most mass shootings per capita even among first-world countries. SOURCE:*WorldPopulationReview
The death rate per million, 2009-2015
1 - Norway 1.92
2- Serbia 0.43
3- Macedonia 0.3

The United States is 11th at 0.09!

We are NOT the country with the most violent crime. Murder rates per 100k from 2018. SOURCE: Statista
El Salvador 52
Jamaica 43
Lesotho 43
Honduras 38

Where does America land on this list? SOURCE: FBI.gov

LESS than 5 homicides/100k.
Right. I never said you were first I said 31% vs 5% of the population.

What a relief, You're below El Salvador and other gang filled countries in terms of murder per capita. You guys set the bar really high.
Old 05-29-2022, 09:24 PM   #434
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
A non sequitur. The fact of the matter is that guns and autos can kill people. And there's far more people killed by cars than by guns annually (well, maybe except in Chicago ). Therefore, why aren't leftists calling for auto control laws? Is it because lives lost by cars are less valuable than those lost by gunfire? Or is it because deaths by guns make for great political talking points to advance a political agenda? After all, do you think John Q. Citizen in China, Russia, No. Korea, Cuba or other totalitarian states possess firearms? Or is because no one thinks we have no "troubled people" driving their machines on the road?

Here's a clue for ya: This issue has never been about "gun control". This is just another convenient euphemism leftists use, such as framing abortions as a "pro choice" matter, as if those who choose to not have abortions had no choice. (But I digress; thanks for your indulgence.) The real issue is People Control. That's what it's about in communist countries and that's what it''s about in this country with all the sick, radical leftists we have in and out of public life.
You just don't get it. People killed by cars are accidents, not intentional unless someone tries to run somebody else over. Guns are designed and meant to kill or maim. That is their purpose. Deaths by guns in most cases are INTENTIONAL. I have no issue with people having guns to defend themselves, but I think being able to own military type weapons that can kill a lot of people in a short period of time is excessive unless your home is being invaded by an army and if that's the case your probably going to die regardless of type of gun you have
Old 05-29-2022, 09:28 PM   #435
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
you have been getting/giving crap information (but it must make you feel good)

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...more%20rows%20
Mass shootings not murders. Wow the bar is really low when you guys compare yourselves to El Salvador and Honduras.