Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 01-25-2017, 05:35 PM   #31
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltonKelsey
Considering the age of the thread and no recent talk, I'd say they all retired to Tahiti , unlisted numbers.
That guy with the bad teeth (tooth?) finally was able to find a dentist in Tahiti willing to fix his grill.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2017, 12:39 AM   #32
JJMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I find that Cramer's speed and pace figures are indeed as good as advertised.
I definitely agree.
JJMartin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-26-2017, 04:28 PM   #33
thaskalos

I just received an unexpected phone call from HDW's Jim Cramer...who spent about an hour and a half patiently answering all the questions that he felt I might have, about the product that his company sold me. "It occurred to me that we sold you a product without thoroughly explaining to you what it's all about...that's why I am calling"...he told me, at the start of our conversation.

"Class" may be hard to define...but it's obvious when you see it.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:23 PM   #34
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

I am thoroughly-interested in trying this as well, but it seems like it is impossible to reach anyone via email or on the phone. Any suggestions?
Old 04-25-2017, 02:57 AM   #35
thaskalos

I have been using the RS-POS reports for about 3 months now...and have been very satisfied with the product. But today was the first day that I could not access the Jim Cramer pace figures that come along with the package. The SPEED figures were the only ratings available with the past performances today...and it seems that this "oversight" will continue for the rest of the week.

Has anyone else here had the same problem?
Old 04-25-2017, 09:39 AM   #36
so.cal.fan

Is Jim Cramer still alive?
so.cal.fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2017, 09:44 AM   #37
RonTiller

Thaskalos,

We apologize for the missing Pace Numbers. We had a few simultaneous computer mishaps and we are working to restore everything back to normal. It has ended up being more work than anticipated.

Ron Tiller
HDW
RonTiller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2017, 09:56 AM   #38
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTiller View Post
Thaskalos,

We apologize for the missing Pace Numbers. We had a few simultaneous computer mishaps and we are working to restore everything back to normal. It has ended up being more work than anticipated.

Ron Tiller
HDW
Thanks for the update, Ron. I hadn't realized how much I depended on those pace figures...until they went missing.
Old 04-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #39
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I tend to modify the approach to use non winning races. When you play Tampa Bay and Penn, the last three winning races might be the whole card!

I use close up races sometimes, and if a horse changes trainers and looks to be a different animal, I make sensible adjustments.

I was wondering if you got the RS/POS materials. I have the Crammer speed figs in the HTR screens, and pace figs available in exports, so I am familiar with them - agree, very good.

Glad you are satisfied - Ron is a solid guy!

I automated my running styles also, but I still take a quick look at the key horses to see if there are any details that might make the automated designations inaccurate.

There was one the other day.

The horse came up as a "near front runner" (one of my designations) on the report. I thought that was accurate in terms of how he was likely to run under normal circumstances, but I also knew he was entered as a rabbit and had a lot of speed in some back races. So I manually adjusted my thinking to expect him to show a lot of speed and he did.

Sometimes multiple trouble lines or wrong surfaces will also throw it off a little even though it's based on multiple races and I throw out some of the really bad ones.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:45 PM   #40
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTiller View Post
Thaskalos,

Ron Tiller
HDW
The missing pace figures have been restored...and I am forever grateful.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:04 PM   #41
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Ron is quick to fix any problems. His definition of customer service is not like most others in this game.